Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Felton Jarvis - various photos

Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:13 am

Juan Luis wrote:You're welcome! You went through Studio B because of moi! :)

Not even a thank you, Juan. Give it six months and it'll be mentioned in passing as if you never existed. Ha!

Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:51 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:You're welcome! You went through Studio B because of moi! :)

Not even a thank you, Juan. Give it six months and it'll be mentioned in passing as if you never existed. Ha!
Ha!

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:48 am

Was the Reading of the Diary on 4 July 1976?

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:55 am

This photo was posted on Facebook earlier today by Stephen Shutts.

Jackie Kahane kept The Diary on a number of tours. I would guess this photo dates to Fall 1974.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:57 am

Regarding the date, I just played the tape I have of the Tour Diary which Jackie Kahane acknowledges John Wilkinson's birthday (3rd July) and the current "Bicentennial Tour" which helps pin down the date somewhat. Also, it was at this event that Felton wore the Tiger Suit. I have this detail on a Bruce Jackson talking tape he made at the time when communicating with his family. Why it was on the tour - who knows. Maybe older suits were packed in spite of never being worn.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:04 am

I prefer the original
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:Regarding the date, I just played the tape I have of the Tour Diary which Jackie Kahane acknowledges John Wilkinson's birthday (3rd July) and the current "Bicentennial Tour" which helps pin down the date somewhat. Also, it was at this event that Felton wore the Tiger Suit. I have this detail on a Bruce Jackson talking tape he made at the time when communicating with his family. Why it was on the tour - who knows. Maybe older suits were packed in spite of never being worn.

Interesting. So it's possible that several jumpsuits were taken on every tour, even though EP wouldn't wear them. So presumably there was an array of suits he could have chosen at a moments notice, perhaps even through to June 1977. I always thought it strange that, although he could have easily fitted into the Indian Feather suit, Rainfall suit, and probably several more during March to June '77, he kept going back to the Mexican Sundial and occasionally the Spades.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:Was the Reading of the Diary on 4 July 1976?
760705_Jarvis_Memphis.jpg

Dear, sweet Bill Belew.

A thousand words.

Somehow, I cannot imagine Chips Moman. Steve Binder or Sam Phillips wearing that outfit.

Jim Dandy wrote:Regarding the date, I just played the tape I have of the Tour Diary which Jackie Kahane acknowledges John Wilkinson's birthday (3rd July) and the current "Bicentennial Tour" which helps pin down the date somewhat. Also, it was at this event that Felton wore the Tiger Suit. I have this detail on a Bruce Jackson talking tape he made at the time when communicating with his family. Why it was on the tour - who knows. Maybe older suits were packed in spite of never being worn.

Assuming the party was done at tour's end, the photo above must date to after the Memphis show on 7-05-1976.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:13 pm

Felton was hilarious with the comedy bit playing Elvis. Going by the recording, it was fun for all.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:35 am

Jackie actually comes up with some funny stuff too, like Charlie Hodge telling girls he's got a big yacht, and the girls complaining later that he's got a small dinghy. Or, thank goodness the doctors on the tour have Penicillin since JD was chasing so many women that his "old fella" has turned red, white and blue. Pat Houston & Marty Harrell must have been good mates as Jackie suggests a bromance between the two. It's certainly a Bicentennial party with all of the references to it and American forefathers from the States that the tour travelled through. This, with the sounds heard which suggests they're in a dining or rehearsal room lead me to assume the 4 July date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:45 am

Jim Dandy wrote:Jackie actually comes up with some funny stuff too, like Charlie Hodge telling girls he's got a big yacht, and the girls complaining later that he's got a small dinghy. Or, thank goodness the doctors on the tour have Penicillin since JD was chasing so many women that his "old fella" has turned red, white and blue. Pat Houston & Marty Harrell must have been good mates as Jackie suggests a bromance between the two. It's certainly a Bicentennial party with all of the references to it and American forefathers from the States that the tour travelled through. This, with the sounds heard which suggests they're in a dining or rehearsal room lead me to assume the 4 July date.

Felton looks kind of younger in the photo for 1976, though.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:24 am

It is possible that when the Tulsa 4th July show was all finished..... and it was evening time the group all sat down had a dinner with drinks and their after dinner speaker was Jackie Kahane!~
this is the sort of 'blue comedy' type stuff that fills RSL clubs and would make an excellent party cd to listen to with a few beers!~ :lol: 8)

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:20 pm

yeah i do agree that Felton looks kinda 'young' for a july 76 photo(especially when you see how felton looked on stage with Elvis on May 24th in Augusta in 1977!~) :o
this sort of extremely funny 'blue' humour from Jackie Kahane -actually has made me realize that (sometimes) he truly WAS FUNNY!~.. trouble is not often enough. but this recording of Jackies 'reading of the diary' is an excellent TCB band comedy record with every member having hilarious blue comedy comments being made about them in Jackies piece!~ :D :wink: :roll:

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:51 pm

YDKM wrote:yeah i do agree that Felton looks kinda 'young' for a july 76 photo (especially when you see how felton looked on stage with Elvis on May 24th in Augusta in 1977!

I wouldn't be half surprised if the photo is a fake, and is actually a shot of Elvis.

Given the "hazy" quality of the image, it's not hard to imagine.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:07 am

The timber slats behind Felton are reminiscent of some parts of the Jungle Room.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:35 am

I hope the real photo of Elvis appears if that is a fake. Cause whoever is wearing that Tiger jumpsuit is very thin. :)

Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:18 pm

:( you know i kinda think the Doc has a real valid point here!~ :? :shock:
whats with the ring on his right hand?

Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:46 pm

YDKM wrote::( you know i kinda think the Doc has a real valid point here!~ :? :shock:
whats with the ring on his right hand?
Elvis was known to give rings away, you know. :) And Felton liked rings before he even met Elvis.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 pm

drjohncarpenter on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:51 pm wrote:
YDKM wrote:yeah i do agree that Felton looks kinda 'young' for a july 76 photo (especially when you see how felton looked on stage with Elvis on May 24th in Augusta in 1977!

I wouldn't be half surprised if the photo is a fake, and is actually a shot of Elvis.

Yup.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:35 pm

Juan Luis on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:19 pm wrote:
drjohncarpenter on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:51 pm wrote:

Yup.

Excellent work, Juan. Felton sure could carry the jumpsuit-look off! Another example of the bond he and Elvis shared.