Post here your Elvis' pictures

Felton Jarvis - various photos

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:50 am

with Tom Parker

with Dee Stanley (Vernon's wife)

in his RCA Nashville office

it is well known

Felton's 1st full LP w/ Elvis. "How Great Thou Art" also Elvis's 1st Grammy.

Re: Felton Jarvis - various photos

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:09 am

Hey, I like these! Thankyou for uploading for all to see!

Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:55 am

Felton & Bruce Jackson, circa 1972

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:22 am

Thanks for posting these pictures. :)

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:10 pm

Cool, Mr.Jarvis had HIS own Jungle Room! :smt006

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:22 pm

Elton wrote:Cool, Mr.Jarvis had HIS own Jungle Room! :smt006

Yeah, very funny :smt003

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:55 pm

Terry wrote:
Elton wrote:Cool, Mr.Jarvis had HIS own Jungle Room! :smt006

Yeah, very funny :smt003

Didn't he keep a pet snake in his office? I seem to recall Guralnick noting this in his book. Who else besides Elvis did Felton produce at RCA?

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:32 am

Liz Anderson (45) RCA 9650 Felton Jarvis production

Nat Stuckey~Old Man Willis~Felton JarvisImage

SKEETER DAVIS Why So Lonely RCA Stereo Felton Jarvis NMImage

Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:16 pm

He did some of Willie Nelson's very underrated late sixties-early seventies material.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:39 am

Hi,

Was wondering if anybody had any details or higher resolution versions of these three photos of Jerry Reed with Felton Jarvis (Roy Orbison is in the 2nd pic). I added them to my photo archives years ago. They may have been shared on social media by Felton's nephew Tony Frost. Wish I could correctly identify everyone in the pics.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:50 am

jeremylr wrote:Hi,

Was wondering if anybody had any details or higher resolution versions of these three photos of Jerry Reed with Felton Jarvis (Roy Orbison is in the 2nd pic). I added them to my photo archives years ago. They may have been shared on social media by Felton's nephew Tony Frost. Wish I could correctly identify everyone in the pics.

Neat photos, and I notice Jerry Reed appears in each one as well as Felton. Coincidence?

I cannot identify anyone else in the photos, but the middle one seems to show the guys heading out to go hunting or fishing. Notice that Felton has a pistol on his right hip!

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:08 am

The autographed top photo is a particular treasure. It reads, "What do you mean.....I ain't no Elvis Presley!!!! Love ya, Jerry Reed"

I almost think the gentlemen in this same photo at the far right is Floyd Cramer.....not sure though.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:11 am

jeremylr wrote:The autographed top photo is a particular treasure. It reads, "What do you mean.....I ain't no Elvis Presley!!!! Love ya, Jerry Reed"

I almost think the gentlemen in this same photo at the far right is Floyd Cramer.....not sure though.

The autograph is hilarious!

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:04 am

The guy that looks like Felton with revolver is supposed to be Roy Orbison's brother. IIRC, the photograph was taken by Felton Jarvis. They are labeled in RCA Studio B Facebook page. But one has to go through hundreds of photos to find what one is looking for.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Great photos and loveJerry Reed's autograph.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Juan Luis wrote:The guy that looks like Felton with revolver is supposed to be Roy Orbison's brother. IIRC, the photograph was taken by Felton Jarvis. They are labeled in RCA Studio B Facebook page. But one has to go through hundreds of photos to find what one is looking for.
Found it. Mostly Orbison clan. Of more interest apart from Roy Orbison himself and Jerry Reed, is the great Chip Young top right above Reed.

Imagefree image uploadingcertificity.com

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Juan, I really appreciate your eagle eye in spotting Chip Young.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:39 am

jeremylr wrote:Juan, I really appreciate your eagle eye in spotting Chip Young.
It wasn't eagle eye. But thanks all the same!

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:41 am

UPDATE

The second photo was originally posted by Felton Jarvis' nephew Tony Frost on RCA Studio B's Facebook page:

RCA Studio B
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206153675175542&set=gm.10153023535532447&type=3&theater

Here are his comments:

With Wesley Orbison, Alex Orbi Orbison, Tom Orbison, Chip Young and Seidina Reed.

Yep, this was a picture I got from my Uncle Felton & Aunt Mary. Too great of a picture not to be shared :-)

The odd thing about these names is that they are almost all wrong.

Seidina Reed is Jerry Reed's daughter, Wesley and Alex "Orbi" are sons of Roy Orbison. Seidina was born in 1960, Wesley in 1965 and Alex in 1975. They are not in this photo. All very weird.

Below are the photo credits, as best as I can identify them.

660000_Orbison at RCA Nashville.jpg
At RCA Nashville - circa summer 1966
L-R: Roy Orbison, Grady Orbison, unk, Felton Jarvis, unk, unk, unk, unk, unk, Chip Young, Jerry Reed
The group appears to be geared up for a hunting and fishing trip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:46 am

You're welcome! You went through Studio B because of moi! :)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:19 am

On Facebook you can "tag" friends when you upload photos. This method can be used if a friend's family member is part of the photo. Bet that's what Tony Frost was doing. Alex, Wesley, and Tom Orbison were tagged so they would receive a Facebook notification alerting them that the photo had been posted and that their late father was in the photo. The tags show up in the normal place of the caption which unnecessarily confuses matters. Really grateful for the detective work and Facebook link!

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:31 am

jeremylr wrote:On Facebook you can "tag" friends when you upload photos. This method can be used if a friend's family member is part of the photo. Bet that's what Tony Frost was doing. Alex, Wesley, and Tom Orbison were tagged so they would receive a Facebook notification alerting them that the photo had been posted and that their late father was in the photo. The tags show up in the normal place of the caption which unnecessarily confuses matters. Really grateful for the detective work and Facebook link!
There's a lot of photo treasures found on RCA Studio B Facebook page.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:41 am

jeremylr wrote:On Facebook you can "tag" friends when you upload photos. This method can be used if a friend's family member is part of the photo. Bet that's what Tony Frost was doing. Alex, Wesley, and Tom Orbison were tagged so they would receive a Facebook notification alerting them that the photo had been posted and that their late father was in the photo. The tags show up in the normal place of the caption which unnecessarily confuses matters. Really grateful for the detective work and Facebook link!

Man, they need to fix that. Glad to have found and shared the link. The photo is interesting, especially since I don't believe Jerry Reed or Felton Jarvis were ever a part of a Roy Orbison session at RCA.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:36 am

Also published here by Frost on the same day, but no further information on who's in the image :

https://www.facebook.com/historicnashvilleinc/posts/10153660367848288

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:51 am

Mister Moon wrote:Also published here by Frost on the same day, but no further information on who's in the image :

https://www.facebook.com/historicnashvilleinc/posts/10153660367848288

It looks like Historic Nashville, Inc. shared the Frost photo on their page. Sadly, when asked, Frost cannot even identify the year. I'm pretty sure it's circa 1966.