Post here your Elvis' pictures

July 1975 on tour candids

Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:08 am

I'm going to try and shake things up a bit concerning some of the photos we have from Uniondale/Nassau, July 19-1975

First take a look at the last photo on this site:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... dshow.html
Notice what Red West wears.
Then take a look at the photos on this site:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... low75.html
Notice what Red West wears prior to the show and after the show.
Do we really think that Red would wear three different sets of clothes on one and the same day. Well actually in about 8 hours as the first site shows him after what is supposed to be the afternoon show and then we see him prior to and after the evening show.

There is no doubt about most of the photos on the two sites being from Uniondale/Nassau.

BUT, I have strong doubts about the following four photos and I'll explain why.
rt1.jpg
rt2.jpg
rt3.jpg
july75end.jpg
You can tell that the photos were taken at the same spot so clearly they are from somewhere where Elvis played two shows and wore this combination of suits. This happened four times:
July 14-15, Springfield, Ma.
July 16-17, New Haven, Ct.
July 19 aft, eve, Uniondale/Nassau, NY
July 23-24, Asheville, NC

Take a look at how Elvis wears his belt as well as his maltese cross in the first three photos. The belt is worn very low and a bit to the right. This fits only ONE of the six shows on which Elvis wore this suit. On the other five shows he wore the belt much higher on his stomach and the maltese cross was also worn higher so that it would show above the suit.

Also, in Uniondale Elvis wore one ring only on his right hand. The star-shaped ring was worn on his little finger while in the photos above in the Gypsy suit he wears a ring on his right hand fourth finger.

The first three photos must be from Springfield on July 14, 1975.
The last photo would then be from leaving Springfield after the show on July 15.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:25 am

More work for me, come on :wink:

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:15 pm

I think your onto something here Brian, well spotted ::rocks

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:50 pm

paulsweeney wrote:More work for me, come on :wink:


That's what happens when we don't get it right from the start :wink: :lol:

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Elvis wears 2 different "chokers" in these pics also..

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:47 pm

elvisnorway wrote:Elvis wears 2 different "chokers" in these pics also..


That's normal, each suit had one.

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:47 pm

bripet56 wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:More work for me, come on :wink:


That's what happens when we don't get it right from the start :wink: :lol:

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk


Maybe :wink:

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:43 am

IIRC, Elvis used the Hartford hotel as a base for this series of shows, riding in a bus to the nearby gigs in New Haven and Springfield.

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:34 am

Brian,

Quick question - You say the first three photos must be from Springfield on July 14, 1975 - I'm fine with that - my question is, they also seem to be after the show based on how his hair looks. Do you agree?

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:41 pm

paulsweeney wrote:Brian,

Quick question - You say the first three photos must be from Springfield on July 14, 1975 - I'm fine with that - my question is, they also seem to be after the show based on how his hair looks. Do you agree?


Yes Paul, I agree.
All four photos would be after the shows.
The first three from the 14th and the fourth after the show on the 15th.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:49 pm

elvisjock wrote:IIRC, Elvis used the Hartford hotel as a base for this series of shows, riding in a bus to the nearby gigs in New Haven and Springfield.


This is new and very important information elvisjock.
Where did you get the info from?

It would help us date the photos we're discussing at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58888 as it means that Elvis did not fly from Springfield to New Haven on July 15. And it would amke sense as the ride between Hartford and Springfield is only about 35-40 minutes and the ride between Hartford and New Haven about an hour.

SIncerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:29 pm

It might have come from Bonja or Charlie Stone. I'm not positive. I am in touch with Stone. I can ask him.

I do know that when they played arenas that were relatively close to each other, they would choose a base and work from there. Roughly speaking, Springfield and New Haven are each an hour's (maybe less) drive from Hartford. You wouldn't fly from Hartford to Springfield.

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:26 pm

elvisjock wrote:It might have come from Bonja or Charlie Stone. I'm not positive. I am in touch with Stone. I can ask him.

I do know that when they played arenas that were relatively close to each other, they would choose a base and work from there. Roughly speaking, Springfield and New Haven are each an hour's (maybe less) drive from Hartford. You wouldn't fly from Hartford to Springfield.


It would be great if you could ask Charlie Stone.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:21 pm

intheghetto wrote:...yeah, but who's the blonde.


Diane Goodman....his girlfriend at the time

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:49 am

bripet56 wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:Brian,

Quick question - You say the first three photos must be from Springfield on July 14, 1975 - I'm fine with that - my question is, they also seem to be after the show based on how his hair looks. Do you agree?


Yes Paul, I agree.
All four photos would be after the shows.
The first three from the 14th and the fourth after the show on the 15th.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk


Last call for comments - if none, then I'm going to make the dates changes as noted above by Brian

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:04 pm

paulsweeney wrote:Last call for comments - if none, then I'm going to make the dates changes as noted above by Brian


No objections from me Paul. July 14 and 15 after the shows are fine with me :lol: :lol:

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Here we go;

Arriving back at the hotel after his concerts in Springfield, MA on July 14 & 15, 1975
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... eld75.html

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:17 am

paulsweeney wrote:Here we go;

Arriving back at the hotel after his concerts in Springfield, MA on July 14 & 15, 1975
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... eld75.html


Nice Paul.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:39 am

bripet56 wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:Here we go;

Arriving back at the hotel after his concerts in Springfield, MA on July 14 & 15, 1975
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... eld75.html


Nice Paul.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Sorry, I forgot to add thanks to you, which I've now done on that page;

"Thanks to Brian at FECC for the correct date"

Re: July 1975 on tour candids

Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:26 am

Nice pics. Really appreciate them. A relatively good tour, although the evening sow on July 20 became a bit problematic. Elvis voice was good and his mood, for the most part, was really good. He sang a variety of different songs on this tour as well.

rlj