Post here your Elvis' pictures

Houston '76

Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:46 am

Ebay pic showing Elvis leaving hotel for afternoon show. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Houston '76

Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Look, he could actually walk that afternoon!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:31 pm

isn't this supposed to be Elvis at his very worst this day? I think i saw Lamar comment how they nearly lost him here.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:28 pm

David Stanley is wearing the same Concerts West t-shirt we see in photos taken after the show, as they board the plane.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:41 pm

ian wrote:Ebay pic showing Elvis leaving hotel for afternoon show. 8)

As always, the crowd was about to be thoroughly entertained that afternoon by the greatest entertainer in the world!

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:45 am

midnightx wrote:

As always, the crowd was about to be thoroughly entertained that afternoon by the greatest entertainer in the world!

Reviews don't lie!

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/newspapers/press82.htm
http://www.tcb-world.com/threads/18873-Concert-Review-Houston-Texas-8-28-76

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:52 am

The Claypool review makes me teary, every time.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:26 am

elvisjock wrote:The Claypool review makes me teary, every time.

Think ian has read it?

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:13 am

Damned, he looks gorgeous on that one! Thank you, Ian! ::rocks

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:29 am

midnightx wrote:

Exhibit 34 of "What's wrong with FECC ...and the beloved wit & wisdom of someone named Midnightx."

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:46 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Reviews don't lie!

Be careful with this statement Doc.
If reviews don't lie, according to this one the afternoon was a smashing success!

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/newspapers/press132.htm

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:13 am

Robert wrote:

If reviews don't lie, according to this one the afternoon was a smashing success!

Look again.

A careful read of this article shows the review is all about the audience reaction, and sound problems, and not at all about what Elvis was doing on stage. Just two songs are cited, and only gauged by what the crowd did when they were done. This piece could have been written from the lobby, after chatting with one or two of the "rose-colored glasses" brigade, who would of course call the show "a success." This is what one here might call an "ian review."

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:40 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Robert wrote:

Look again.

A careful read of this article shows the review is all about the audience reaction, and sound problems, and not at all about what Elvis was doing on stage. Just two songs are cited, and only gauged by what the crowd did when they were done. This piece could have been written from the lobby, after chatting with one or two of the "rose-colored glasses" brigade, who would of course call the show "a success." This is what one here might call an "ian review."

What in the hell are you talking about? :roll:

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:01 am

ian wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Robert wrote:

Look again.

DJC is referring to the fascination you seem to have for Elvis in 1976-1977 and the fact that you think every show that Elvis did that year was "magnificent" or "he really looks great here"........

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:15 am

he sure looks stunning. great pict :smt023

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
ian wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Robert wrote:

Look again.

DJC is referring to the fascination you seem to have for Elvis in 1976-1977 and the fact that you think every show that Elvis did that year was "magnificent" or "he really looks great here"........

nothing wrong with being fascinated with elvis in 76-77, as he sure looked amazing at the time :smt023

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:nothing wrong with being fascinated with elvis in 76-77, as he sure looked amazing at the time :smt023

Considering how he looked in 1970, it's really amazing how he looked in 1976/77. :cry:

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:nothing wrong with being fascinated with elvis in 76-77, as he sure looked amazing at the time :smt023

No, he did not look "amazing."

Presley's appearance in most photos from this period reflect how unwell he was and, when he died on August 16, 1977, it made looking at them all the more difficult.

It makes me sick to my stomach to imagine anyone truly believe he looks "amazing" in these photos.

He looks awful.

Reality should not ever be a concept on this forum.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:42 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Presley's appearance in most photos from this period reflect how unwell he was and, when he died on August 16, 1977, it made looking at them all the more difficult.

It makes me sick to my stomach to imagine anyone truly believe he looks "amazing" in these photos.

He looks awful.

I can find a bunch of pictures from his last years where he looks better than everybody on this messageboard.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:44 am

Xaykev wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:No, he did not look "amazing."

He looks awful.

I can find a bunch of pictures from his last years where he looks better than everybody on this messageboard.

Ooooh Yeah!

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:48 am

Xaykev wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

He looks awful.

POST OF THE WEEK

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:50 am

Elvisgirl wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:No, he did not look "amazing."

He looks awful.

POST OF THE WEEK

Right on! ;-)

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Xaykev wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

He looks awful.

THERE'S ONE JOKER IN EVERY BUNCH!!!!!

Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:20 pm

I always have to be selective when looking at photos from these concerts (summer 76), there are only a few (to me) that I can look and not think, "christ, the man looks ill there" Those Bicentennial suits did not help the fact. Photos of him from the Tulsa gig are just about bearable, but you can see he was not well. He should have been in rehab, not on stage.

Here is one from the Mobile gig, the following day (29th Aug 76)

Mobile_29_08_761_zps26b4c89c.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:23 am

I for one wont believe any of those reviews tbh until i hear the concert for myself. Look at college park, detroit 74, those concerts were suppose to be bad, i heard them and sory ive heard alot worse like the 77 concerts. Indianapolis is a great song set but sory its one of the worse concerts ive heard from our guy IMO.

Doc and Midnightx you sure you 2 dont work for EPE as you both seem to keep telling us other than a couple of good concerts ( memphis 74) Elvis shouldnt of been on stage etc after aloha. Ian and xayhev and others are allowed to have their own opinion and if Ian enjoy photos and concerts from 76-77 let him dont keep going on about it evtime someone brings up a thread about 76-77 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz its getting very boring. ty