Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: 1963 Publicity Pic

Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Thanks, glad we solved that jacket problem.

Here are the two photos I posted above with a more correct colour.
Unfortunately I don´t have the uncropped versions of the photos but you´re welcome to add them to the Loving You session photos.

LY456.jpg

LY456a.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:44 pm

For lack of a better place to post these and since the topic has moved to jackets, I noticed some repros (and a shirt) they were selling in Lansky's a couple of weeks ago and took a few shots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:46 pm

bripet56 wrote:Thanks, glad we solved that jacket problem.

Unfortunately I don´t have the uncropped versions of the photos but you´re welcome to add them to the Loving You session photos.

LY456.jpg

LY456a.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

The second one is more color correct for the guitar at least Brian, if that's any indication towards the jacket.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:22 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
bripet56 wrote:Thanks, glad we solved that jacket problem.

LY456.jpg

LY456a.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

The second one is more color correct for the guitar at least Brian, if that's any indication towards the jacket.

Yeah, I also believe that´s the most correct colour for the jacket.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:24 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:For lack of a better place to post these and since the topic has moved to jackets, I noticed some repros (and a shirt) they were selling in Lansky's a couple of weeks ago and took a few shots

I´d probably never wear the vest in the first photo and although I´ve never been a jacket/suit guy I think those jackets are real cool and wouldn´t mind putting one on.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:34 am

The jacket worn on the Ed Sullivan show was actually a Mustard colored jacket. The one worn later was the Gray one. He had about 2 or 3 different variations of this jacket.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:36 am

The jacket worn on the Ed Sullivan show was actually a Mustard colored jacket. The one worn later was the Gray one. He had about 2 or 3 different variations of this jacket.

bripet56 wrote:
onelove wrote:
matilda wrote:well, the jacket from the 63 shoot in the original post appears in no 50s pic at all.

Your point being? No one even claimed otherwise - the point was that when someone said that the jacket is so "un-Elvis" that a fact is Elvis was already wearing SIMILAR style jackets long before the one in '63. If we go even further than the Brian/Jove posted picture, one famous TV appearance also shows Elvis in a similar jacket - from September 1956.

Does anyone have a more detailed description of the outfit EP has in the clip? Still the same gray jacket?

phpBB [video]

I´m not 100% sure but I believe the jacket he wore at the Ed Sullivan show was the same one he used when going out with Nick Adams and Natalie Wood in September 1956 and while filming Loving You.
Does anyone have a HD photo from the Sullivan show, preferably the one below as I need to compare the stitches on the collar from that side of the jacket.
A HD photo from Elvis´ visit with the Colonel on November 26 would also be appreciated as this and the Troy show on Nov 24 are the only know dates where we know he wore the grey jacket. Other photos seem to show him wearing the blue jacket.

Sincerely
Brian

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:53 pm

Tigerman32837 wrote:The jacket worn on the Ed Sullivan show was actually a Mustard colored jacket. The one worn later was the Gray one. He had about 2 or 3 different variations of this jacket.

Where does the info about the jacket being mustard coloured come from? Any idea?

I´ve never heard about Elvis having a mustard coloured jacket but that doesn´t mean he didn´t.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:35 pm

The only mustard colored jacket I remember seeing was in two photos in the driveway at Graceland, one if I remember correctly is in the Family album book of George Klein's. I don't believe that jacket is the same as the one in question or even the same type. The photo may actually be slightly discolored and the jacket is yellow.
Here anyway is a shot posted not long ago her I believe of Elvis with the Colonel in Madison, also slightly off color

and with a bit of correction