Post here your Elvis' pictures

1963 Publicity Pic

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:13 am

Picture of Elvis Presley 8x10 that came inside the box called Elvis the ultimate film collection that you could get from Graceland in Memphis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 1963 Publicity Pic

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:59 pm

This is the first time I have laid eyes on this. A nice photo of him, indeed! Thankyou for uploading it for all to see. Cheers :smt023

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:00 pm

I hate that look. Far too camp and polished. Awful hair cut, awful make-up.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:52 pm

EPA4368 wrote:Picture of Elvis Presley 8x10 that came inside the box called Elvis the ultimate film collection that you could get from Graceland in Memphis.

Thank you EPA 4368
Beautiful studio picture from summer 1963
i love that look, love the haircut and the clothes :)
sincerely
Lior :smt006

Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:07 am

Elvis looks far better than the haircut or that jacket.

The photo is new to my eyes, thanks for posting it.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:16 am

Yes, the jacket's pretty pedestrain. It doesn't fit the king at all. Unless... it's the Pop Kwimper's jacket from "Follow That Dream" or more likely Pappy Tatum's from "Kissin' Cousins" (both portrayed by Arthur O'Connell) and Elvis only borrowed it for the photo shoot. ;-)

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:41 pm

I always wondered if ij all those studio photo sessions elvis used his own private clothes or he was given special clothes from the film wardrobe only for those studio photos
i do noticed that some of the shirts are his own , i saw the logo EP on them....
another topic to talk :)
Sincerely
Lior :smt006

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:55 pm

Great photo!

Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:02 am

Good Time Charlie wrote: ... I hate that look. Far too camp and polished. Awful hair cut, awful make-up ...

He looks the same at your avatar I think. Why you pick it?

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:41 pm

publicity for the movie viva las vegas :D

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:41 pm

That jacket is so un-Elvis. Was it a loner from Pat Boone?

Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:39 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:That jacket is so un-Elvis. Was it a loner from Pat Boone?

Yes, i thought about it too...but remember when he was drafted in March 1958....? he was wearin almost the same Jacket.... :roll: i mean in the same pattern style....
I dont know if it was his own private jacket, but he sure never wore those kind of jackets in the '60.....

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:30 pm

california boy wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:That jacket is so un-Elvis. Was it a loner from Pat Boone?

Yes, i thought about it too...but remember when he was drafted in March 1958....? he was wearin almost the same Jacket.... :roll: i mean in the same pattern style....
I dont know if it was his own private jacket, but he sure never wore those kind of jackets in the '60.....

Don't know either if that particular jacket was his own originally, but it probably was by 1958. The jacket he has in the March '58 shots looks pretty much exactly like the one he had in Loving You so he could've gotten it from the movie wardrobe. No idea why that kind of style would be "un-Elvis", though? Especially if he took it from the LY wardrobe for private use, he must've thought it was somewhat "Elvis", right?
And what about the deal he was wearing for the Sinatra show rehearsals? I don't think that's any better, no matter how good Elvis himself looked then.

s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:30 pm

california boy wrote: ... was drafted ... the same Jacket ...

He wear the army-jacket also in the movie Loving You. Here is another one:

1963-09-10 B.jpg

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:23 pm

onelove wrote:
california boy wrote:

Don't know either if that particular jacket was his own originally, but it probably was by 1958. The jacket he has in the March '58 shots looks pretty much exactly like the one he had in Loving You so he could've gotten it from the movie wardrobe. No idea why that kind of style would be "un-Elvis", though? Especially if he took it from the LY wardrobe for private use, he must've thought it was somewhat "Elvis", right?
And what about the deal he was wearing for the Sinatra show rehearsals? I don't think that's any better, no matter how good Elvis himself looked then.

s.jpg

Elvis wore this jacket way back in Troy, Oh. in November 1956 as well as when visiting the Colonel in Madison, Tn. on November 26, 1956.
In the Loving You photos the jacket looks to be blue while in the Madison photos it looks to be grey. Could be miscolouring or maybe he bought two different coloured jackets as he often did when he liked something.

561126-Madison-01b.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:36 pm

bripet56 wrote:
onelove wrote:
california boy wrote:

s.jpg

Elvis wore this jacket way back in Troy, Oh. in November 1956 as well as when visiting the Colonel in Madison, Tn. on November 26, 1956.
In the Loving You photos the jacket looks to be blue while in the Madison photos it looks to be grey. Could be miscolouring or maybe he bought two different coloured jackets as he often did when he liked something.

561126-Madison-01b.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

Oh yes, totally forgot about those shots. Thanks Brian!

I also think the LY jacket was indeed blue so maybe he did have two of the same jacket that were only different in color as they really do look basically identical in b&w shots.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:28 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Winston wrote:Here is another one:

1963-09-10 B.jpg

He looks so cool!!!! 8). Thanks. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Those jackets are back in fashion!

Nice one.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Could someone please Photoshop that jacket off E.P. ?!?

Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:40 pm

well, the jacket from the 63 shoot in the original post appears in no 50s pic at all.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:43 pm

Here's another shot with parker.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:03 pm

matilda wrote:well, the jacket from the 63 shoot in the original post appears in no 50s pic at all.

Your point being? No one even claimed otherwise - the point was that when someone said that the jacket is so "un-Elvis" that a fact is Elvis was already wearing SIMILAR style jackets long before the one in '63. If we go even further than the Brian/Jove posted picture, one famous TV appearance also shows Elvis in a similar jacket - from September 1956.

Does anyone have a more detailed description of the outfit EP has in the clip? Still the same gray jacket?

phpBB [video]

Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:57 pm

onelove wrote:
matilda wrote:well, the jacket from the 63 shoot in the original post appears in no 50s pic at all.

Your point being? No one even claimed otherwise - the point was that when someone said that the jacket is so "un-Elvis" that a fact is Elvis was already wearing SIMILAR style jackets long before the one in '63. If we go even further than the Brian/Jove posted picture, one famous TV appearance also shows Elvis in a similar jacket - from September 1956.

Does anyone have a more detailed description of the outfit EP has in the clip? Still the same gray jacket?

phpBB [video]

I´m not 100% sure but I believe the jacket he wore at the Ed Sullivan show was the same one he used when going out with Nick Adams and Natalie Wood in September 1956 and while filming Loving You.
Does anyone have a HD photo from the Sullivan show, preferably the one below as I need to compare the stitches on the collar from that side of the jacket.
A HD photo from Elvis´ visit with the Colonel on November 26 would also be appreciated as this and the Troy show on Nov 24 are the only know dates where we know he wore the grey jacket. Other photos seem to show him wearing the blue jacket.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:21 pm

Man, I think I´ve have been fooled about the colours of that jacket.

I am starting to believe that those photos (both the transparency from Love Me Tender from another topic as well as photos from Loving You) are miscoloured. There´s simply a blueish light over the photos.

In description from Troy and Madison (November 1956) the jacket is described as being grey and I thought that Elvis had a similar jacket in blue due to the colour photos we had seen.

However, a screen-grab from Loving You clearly shows that the jacket is grey. So this is probably the very same jacket Elvis used while filming Love Me Tender, for the first Sullivan show, for the show in Troy in November, while filming Loving You and when he was about to join the army (the jacket is described as being grey in photos with his mother and father in the morning of March 24, 1958).

Here are a couple of photos to show the colour of the jacket being both grey and blue in the same photo as well as a screen-grab from Loving You.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Bitmap 89.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Thanks Brian! You're a detective like no other.

Yeah, now it does seem like there never was a blue version of the jacket. I could've sworn that it was a blue one he wore in LY but I just 'assumed' that and didn't actually check... memory playing tricks on me. On the screencap it does look like a grey one, although there's a slight blue 'tint' on the film going on... which is what probably fooled me. But I'd say that's now solved - there was probably only that grey version of the jacket, at least going by the pictures available.

Well done!