Post here your Elvis' pictures

EP in the recording studio?

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:56 pm

There doesn't seem to be many pics of EP during recording sessions. Can anyone show some from the seventies?

Re: EP in the recording studio?

Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:49 pm

There is nothing to see on this subject. Except the cars parked outside the studio ..
Otherwise we must review .. EOT
Photo by Sandi Pichon

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:28 pm

There is nothing to see on this subject. Except the cars parked outside the studio ..

... or like the ones below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:24 pm

Terry wrote:There is nothing to see on this subject. Except the cars parked outside the studio ..
Photo by Sandi Pichon

The foliage suggests this is not Memphis in December.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:14 am

EPM wrote:

... or like the ones below:

That second shot is not from outside RCA's Nashville studio, it's 1482 Cole Place near W. Sunset, in Los Angeles, probably after visiting RCA's offices, circa Nov 1970.

elvisjock wrote:
Terry wrote:There is nothing to see on this subject. Except the cars parked outside the studio ..

Photo by Sandi Pichon

The foliage suggests this is not Memphis in December.

Yup -- maybe it's from the July 1973 Stax sessions.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:08 pm

That second shot is not from outside RCA's Nashville studio, it's 1482 Cole Place near W. Sunset, in Los Angeles, probably after visiting RCA's offices, circa Nov 1970.

Thank you for your feedback, Doc! What about this picture which is supposed to be from the same date?

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:24 am

EPM wrote:Thank you for your feedback, Doc! What about this picture which is supposed to be from the same date?

The first problem is that it is a reversed image.

Here is the corrected view -->

Is it from May 1971?

That's unclear, but JAT is not known to be accurate in their photo dating.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:07 am

As the info is from 2 different sources and he seems to be in the same attire, can you Doc tell us what makes you think its from Los Angeles?

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:32 am

Or what about these ones?
(http://www.elvis-collectors.com/cccandid-6.html)

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:10 pm

EPM wrote:... can you Doc tell us what makes you think its from Los Angeles?

It's a fact the location is Los Angeles.

drjohncarpenter wrote:Having been to Los Angeles many times, that building looked familiar.

Using Google street view, it's clear that Elvis is getting into a car on Cole Place, just off of West Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles:

1482 Cole Place by Sunset_Los Angeles.jpg
1482 Cole Place, Los Angeles, CA

The building behind Elvis is 6430 Sunset -- now known as the CNN Building.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51660&p=739091&#p739091

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:25 am

EPM wrote:

As the info is from 2 different sources and he seems to be in the same attire, can you Doc tell us what makes you think its from Los Angeles?

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 72out.html

Elvis on 1482 Cole Place near W. Sunset, in Los Angeles, CA, November/December, 1970

One set of pix I would like to see corrected are two pix that have been associated with another set that was taken in Nashville on May 21, 1971. However, the 2 pix set above I do know about. They were taken by Cheryl Shapiro in Los Angeles in late 1970. Many have simply, and understandably, thought that they are part of the Nashville set--but they are not. And ordinarly these date issues come down to a "he said, she said" kind of thing--except, and rather extrordinarly, the proof is actually in the pictures. Cheryl traded these pix with my Mom in early 1971 and she only wrote on the back "At R.C.A. late 1970". I guessed at the time that they were probably from Nov 70 but that was a guess based on other pix we had and on Elvis' whereabouts at the time. They are most likely from Nov or Dec of 1970. It was not uncommon for fans to not date their pix. Mom was forever getting Vegas pix from people that merely said Feb or Aug with no date and when I would press for the date the fans just said they didn't remember. I couldn't believe it, but to a lot of people the date just didn't really matter! Cheryl only knew she took these photos in late 1970. Here is how you can tell they were taken in Los Angeles and not Nashville. The building across the street from Elvis is "Daily Variety" and that is a Hollywood trade paper that was only printed in Los Angeles. Wikipedia has a nice article on Variety and confirms that the "Daily" version was only printed in LA. At the time Daily Variety's building was across the street from RCA. I think Elvis was only there on business that day. I do not think he was recording or rehearsing. Another interesting point about the two sets is that in the Nashville pix Elvis' suit appears to be blue, while in the LA pix his suit appears to be black or dark brown. As you know, Elvis had a habit that when he liked an outfit he would buy it in several colors. So I don't think he is even wearing the same outfit in these two sets!

Thanks,
Elaine Christan
Virginia Coons' daughter

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 am

I have some doubts that the LA pics are from November 1970, despite the strong indications. At no point in 1970 did he have that short sideburns, and his attire seems identical to the Nashville photos from May 1971. And most importent he recieved the bill for the jacket from the IC Costume Company on May 17 1971 (Elvis Fashion - From Memphis to Vegas, page 172-173). Elvis spent a lot of time in LA in April, May and June 1971.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:33 am

egilj wrote:I have some doubts that the LA pics are from November 1970, despite the strong indications. At no point in 1970 did he have that short sideburns, and his attire seems identical to the Nashville photos from May 1971. And most importent he recieved the bill for the jacket from the IC Costume Company on May 17 1971 (Elvis Fashion - From Memphis to Vegas, page 172-173). Elvis spent a lot of time in LA in April, May and June 1971.

Your doubts are well-founded. It compelled me to once and for all ignore supposedly correct original dating and do some more sleuthing. It turns out poor Elaine Christian is indeed mistaken.

See my results on the original topic:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51660&p=739901#p739901

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:39 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
egilj wrote:I have some doubts that the LA pics are from November 1970, despite the strong indications. At no point in 1970 did he have that short sideburns, and his attire seems identical to the Nashville photos from May 1971. And most importent he recieved the bill for the jacket from the IC Costume Company on May 17 1971 (Elvis Fashion - From Memphis to Vegas, page 172-173). Elvis spent a lot of time in LA in April, May and June 1971.

Your doubts are well-founded. It compelled me to once and for all ignore supposedly correct original dating and do some more sleuthing. It turns out poor Elaine Christian is indeed mistaken.

See my results on the original topic:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51660&p=739901#p739901

Great! And thank you for further evidence regarding the billboards in the background.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:50 am

Enjoy Y'all ::rocks

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:09 am

great pics karlos!! here's one more ::rocks

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:25 am

heres few more elvis girl and all enjoy ::rocks
Last edited by karlos on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:26 am

full pict of the first one smt201

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:32 am

Elvisgirl wrote:full pict of the first one smt201

Ty elvis girl - lov it - ty so much ::rocks
::rocks

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:44 am

karlos wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:full pict of the first one smt201

Ty elvis girl - lov it - ty so much ::rocks

wow nice one!!

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:59 am

I think it's safe to say the Wertheimer pics of Elvis actually recording songs in a studio for record release are unique.

Rehearsals for live performances, standing around or posing, outdoor shots, and even a "pretend" session for EOT, just do not count.

Hard to think of any other major artist for whom this is the case.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:07 am

Enjoy ::rocks

Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:13 am

those are great karlos
a few more ::rocks