Post here your Elvis' pictures

Memphis, December 11th, 1956

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Anyone have a date? I'm guessing Christmas 1957.

Last edited by Julian Grant on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: New to me picture in Memphis

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Cool Julian.
Never seen this.
From December 11, 1956.
Here´s what I wrote about the incident in my book :

Shortly after 1 p.m. on December 11 Elvis ran out of gas on Madison. His shiny new white Cadillac Eldorado, which he had bought just a week earlier, sputtered to a halt in front of the State Savings Bank and people immediately started coming from everywhere. In no time at all it looked like hundreds - maybe even thousands - were around him. They had the street blocked, and four or five policemen were trying to keep the street clear, but the people kept coming in from both sides of the street. The windows of all the buildings around soon were filled with people craning their necks to get a glimpse of Elvis. As an ambulance stopped, Elvis went over and talked to the little girl inside. Finally some policemen brought some gas, but it still took time for Elvis to get out.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Memphis, December 11th, 1957

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:00 pm

bripet56 wrote:Cool Julian.
Never seen this.
From December 11, 1956.

Shortly after 1 p.m. on December 11 Elvis ran out of gas on Madison. His shiny new white Cadillac Eldorado, which he had bought just a week earlier, sputtered to a halt in front of the State Savings Bank and people immediately started coming from everywhere. In no time at all it looked like hundreds - maybe even thousands - were around him. They had the street blocked, and four or five policemen were trying to keep the street clear, but the people kept coming in from both sides of the street. The windows of all the buildings around soon were filled with people craning their necks to get a glimpse of Elvis. As an ambulance stopped, Elvis went over and talked to the little girl inside. Finally some policemen brought some gas, but it still took time for Elvis to get out.

Sincerely
Brian

Brilliant Brian!

It certainly looked like Christmas 57 to me, nice to have the exact date and cool story.

Thanks...

Re: Memphis, December 11th, 1957

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:28 pm

Julian Grant wrote:
Never seen this.
From December 11, 1956.

Sincerely
Brian

Brilliant Brian!

It certainly looked like Christmas 57 to me, nice to have the exact date and cool story.

Thanks...

You´re most welcome Julian. I´m thrilled you brought the photo to the board.
By the way, you changed the topic title to December 11, 1957. It should be 1956 :D

SIncerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Great shot! :smt007

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Nice pic

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:35 pm

bripet56 wrote:
Julian Grant wrote:
Never seen this.
From December 11, 1956.

Sincerely
Brian

Brilliant Brian!

Thanks...

You´re most welcome Julian. I´m thrilled you brought the photo to the board.
By the way, you changed the topic title to December 11, 1957. It should be 1956 :D

SIncerely
Brian

here is another one from the self day :smt006
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:50 am

GREAT photo, totally new to me :smt007
Thank you very much!

Re: Memphis, December 11th, 1956

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:24 am

Where did you find the photo, Julian?

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:36 am

Thanks guys for posting photos.

::rocks

Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:10 am

Julian, thanks for the picture and Brian, thanks for the story!!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Where did you find the photo, Julian?

It's in this John.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Truly fantastic shots. Thanks for posting....

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:57 am

Julian Grant wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Where did you find the photo, Julian?

It's in this John.

Any other rare photos in that book Julian??

SIncerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk