Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis with Japanese actresses January 1958.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:03 am

I just found a couple of newspaper clippings that helps us narrow down the date where five japanese actresses visited Elvis in Hollywood.
580113-0120-Hollywood-bripet56.jpg

In the first article from January 25 we see Elvis with the girls and in the second from January 24 we can read that they were to take part in a Japanese Film Week lasting from January 22 to January 31.
580125-D-EuropeanStars&Stripes-pg16-bripet56.jpg

580124-Pa-Lebanon-Daily News-pg13-bripet56.jpg

Since Elvis arrived in Los Angeles in the afternoon of January 12, 1958 and the girls were to be in New York no later than January 22 the photos would most likely be from January 13 to January 20.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis with Japanese actresses January 1958.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:06 pm

Great post, thank you very much, Brian!! :smt006
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:11 pm

hilton22000 wrote:Great post, thank you very much, Brian!! :smt006

You're most welcome hilton.
And thanks for the photo, a nice new addition to the ones I have.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Awesome!

Here's a rundown of these lovely actresses meeting Presley ->

Yumi Shirakawa, Hideko Takamine, Elvis, Yoko Minamida, Misako Uji and Yumiko Hasegawa
Meeting on the set of Paramount's "King Creole," Jan 1958

Hideko Takamine made an appearance on the Sunday, January 26, 1958 Ed Sullivan program in New York.

A kinescope of the entire show reveals some other interesting guests that night, including Jimmie Rodgers singing "Oh-Oh, I'm Falling in Love Again," and some obscure Texas trio named Buddy Holly & the Crickets performing a frantic version of "Oh Boy" right near the end of the broadcast.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Thanks Doc for the names of the girls.
I had them on one of the photos but forgot to include them.

Here's the last photo I have from this meeting.
580113-0121-Hollywood-01.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:07 pm

The first one in better quality.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:00 pm

The fool wrote:The first one in better quality.

Beautiful The fool, thanks a million.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:40 am

bripet56 wrote:I just found a couple of newspaper clippings that helps us narrow down the date where five japanese actresses visited Elvis in Hollywood.

In the first article from January 25 we see Elvis with the girls and in the second from January 24 we can read that they were to take part in a Japanese Film Week lasting from January 22 to January 31.

Since Elvis arrived in Los Angeles in the afternoon of January 12, 1958 and the girls were to be in New York no later than January 22 the photos would most likely be from January 13 to January 20.

Sincerely
Brian

I agree that the possible dates must be between 13th and 20th of January,but I would put the dates as 13th-16th,Elvis' sideburns at the time could be the clue,(as the studio barbers wouldn't have been open at the weekend of January 18/19th). so I have used this image with a slightly side on angle.

Elvis arrived in Hollywood on Sunday January 12th 1958 (more info from Brian at the'Elvis kissing girl on train' topic)

Elvis had the sideburns at the King Creole Recording Sessions on the Wednesday the 15th January.(And probably the 16th of January)
Filming started on Monday January the 20th,by which time Elvis had his haircut including his sideburns,as I conclude that Elvis had his haircut on friday 17th of January.

Tuesday 21st January 1958

An alternative angle of Elvis from King Creole(dutch postcard with background removed) with no sideburns seen.

Any thoughts?

Davide

Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:00 am

davide wrote:An alternative angle of Elvis from King Creole(dutch postcard with background removed) with no sideburns seen.

Any thoughts?

Davide

WOW!!! I've never seen this photo or any that would look as if it was taken at the same time. Fantastic!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:11 pm

davide wrote:
bripet56 wrote:I just found a couple of newspaper clippings that helps us narrow down the date where five japanese actresses visited Elvis in Hollywood.

Sincerely
Brian

I agree that the possible dates must be between 13th and 20th of January,but I would put the dates as 13th-16th,Elvis' sideburns at the time could be the clue,(as the studio barbers wouldn't have been open at the weekend of January 18/19th). so I have used this image with a slightly side on angle.

Elvis arrived in Hollywood on Sunday January 12th 1958 (more info from Brian at the'Elvis kissing girl on train' topic)

Elvis had the sideburns at the King Creole Recording Sessions on the Wednesday the 15th January.(And probably the 16th of January)
Filming started on Monday January the 20th,by which time Elvis had his haircut including his sideburns,as I conclude that Elvis had his haircut on friday 17th of January.

Tuesday 21st January 1958

An alternative angle of Elvis from King Creole(dutch postcard with background removed) with no sideburns seen.

Any thoughts?

Davide

You could very well be right here davide.
It would make sense that Elvis had his hair and sideburns cut before they started filming the movie in order to save time and get it ready in time and we don't have any info on what Elvis was doing on Friday the 17th.

Where did you get the info for the photo you have dated as being from January 21??

Sincerely
Brian

Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:07 pm

You could very well be right here davide.
It would make sense that Elvis had his hair and sideburns cut before they started filming the movie in order to save time and get it ready in time and we don't have any info on what Elvis was doing on Friday the 17th.

Where did you get the info for the photo you have dated as being from January 21??

Sincerely
Brian[/quote]

The photo of Elvis with Dean Jagger is from scene 18 (father and Danny argue) which was shot on Tuesday 21st January,Paramount Studios. Stage 4,set 4 Interior Living Room and Kitchen(Shooting log)

Friday the 17th of January as well as his Haircut,Elvis attended Paramount Studio's for rehearsals for Scene's 2/3.

Image*

Image*

Davide

Previously posted by Desert Storm

Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:20 pm

Thanks a lot davide.
Do you have any photos from wardrobe-rehearsals from King Creole? I don't think I have seen any at all.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:42 am

bripet56 wrote:Thanks a lot davide.
Do you have any photos from wardrobe-rehearsals from King Creole? I don't think I have seen any at all.

Sincerely
Brian

I'm afraid,no I have not seen any wardrobe - rehearsal shots from King Creole.

Davide

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:39 am

davide wrote:You could very well be right here davide.

Sincerely
Brian

The photo of Elvis with Dean Jagger is from scene 18 (father and Danny argue) which was shot on Tuesday 21st January,Paramount Studios. Stage 4,set 4 Interior Living Room and Kitchen(Shooting log)

Friday the 17th of January as well as his Haircut,Elvis attended Paramount Studio's for rehearsals for Scene's 2/3.

Image*

Image*

Davide

Previously posted by Desert Storm[/quote]

I still want to know what he was putting in his hair by that point to make it look like that.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:25 pm

Your knowledge about Elvis is amazing !! Thanks so much to all.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Found on E-Bay

Davide

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:14 am

From an old e-bay auction

ImageImageImage

Davide