Post here your Elvis' pictures

In black leather ´57

Mon May 03, 2010 9:27 pm

New for my eyes. Someone has more information? Date? Place?

Thanks in advance :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: In black leather ´57

Mon May 03, 2010 9:34 pm

What a great photo javier, thanks a lot.
In the other photos we have of Elvis in this leather jacket he wears a light-coloured shirt under the jacket so this one is from a different day.
My guess would be sometime around November 1956 like the others we have.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Mon May 03, 2010 9:41 pm

bripet56 wrote:What a great photo javier, thanks a lot.
In the other photos we have of Elvis in this leather jacket he wears a light-coloured shirt under the jacket so this one is from a different day.
My guess would be sometime around November 1956 like the others we have.

Thanks Brian

In this photo Elvis is with black hair. Do you know the approximate date he took the dye?.
Maybe that will help us.

(The photo are in same position of my avatar :D )

Mon May 03, 2010 10:25 pm

On October 29, 1956 Elvis filmed a new ending for "Love Me Tender" at the Junco Studio, and Elvis' hair was dyed black.

Mon May 03, 2010 10:41 pm

javierTCB wrote:New for my eyes. Someone has more information? Date? Place?

Thanks in advance :D

Awesome image.

Is that a little bit of the house at 1034 Audubon behind him?

Given the vent, he may be kneeling. I also suspect this image is cropped.

Mon May 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Thats such a great photo, really captures the 50's Elvis.

Tue May 04, 2010 9:50 am

:shock: Awesome shot. javierTCB, I thank you!

Tue May 04, 2010 9:34 pm

hilton22000 wrote:On October 29, 1956 Elvis filmed a new ending for "Love Me Tender" at the Junco Studio, and Elvis' hair was dyed black.

Thanks for the information hilton22000.
Is this one taken between oct 29 and jan 6 at Sullivan show?

thefunkyangel wrote:Awesome shot. javierTCB, I thank you!

Your welcome friend! ::rocks

Tue May 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Bodie wrote:Thats such a great photo, really captures the 50's Elvis.

1950s Elvis = BAD ASS

Wed May 05, 2010 9:42 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Is that a little bit of the house at 1034 Audubon behind him?

I've had a look at all my photos from Audubon Drive and I can't seem to find any place that would fit the background in the above photo.

You got any guess as to where on the house it could be Doc??

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed May 05, 2010 10:02 pm

It almost looks like the inside of a garage door behind his head

Wed May 05, 2010 10:33 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:It almost looks like the inside of a garage door behind his head

Yeah, that was my first thought as well but shouldn't we be able to see the windows in the door then??

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed May 05, 2010 10:37 pm

bripet56 wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:It almost looks like the inside of a garage door behind his head

Yeah, that was my first thought as well but shouldn't we be able to see the windows in the door then??

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

We should unless the door is not all the way down. And if its the garage at Audobon were there windows on both back and front doors?

Wed May 05, 2010 10:45 pm

James, I don't think there was a garage door at the back.
Take a look at this photo from Nov 1, 1956. I only think he had a door installed at the front.
561101-Audubon-01-bripet56.jpg

But it does actually look like it was taken at the inside of the front door. There is definitely the same structure in both photos.

Sincerely
Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 05, 2010 10:50 pm

bripet56 wrote:James, I don't think there was a garage door at the back.
Take a look at this photo from Nov 1, 1956. I only think he had a door installed at the front.
561101-Audubon-01-bripet56.jpg

But it does actually look like it was taken at the inside of the front door. There is definitely the same structure in both photos.

Sincerely
Brian

Quite possible, I'll try to boost the photo tonight for more detail. Check out the other April thread if you get a few minutes though, we'd like to get your input on a photo.

Thu May 06, 2010 12:51 am

JamesVRoy wrote:
Quite possible, I'll try to boost the photo tonight for more detail. Check out the other April thread if you get a few minutes though, we'd like to get your input on a photo.

here is a blowup, not revealing much more

Thu May 06, 2010 1:54 am

Well, James' blowup proves that Elvis is wearing a dark shirt in the photo in question, a light one on the bike.

Thu May 06, 2010 7:09 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:

here is a blowup, not revealing much more

James, I'd say the photo is definitely taken with the inside of the garage door in the background.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Fri May 07, 2010 12:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Well, James' blowup proves that Elvis is wearing a dark shirt in the photo in question, a light one on the bike.

No thoughts on this, Brian?

it might indicate the photos are from different days.

Fri May 07, 2010 1:26 am

Natalie Wood and Elvis - lookin cool

Davide

Fri May 07, 2010 1:52 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Well, James' blowup proves that Elvis is wearing a dark shirt in the photo in question, a light one on the bike.

I think he acknowledged that in his first post and then posted the picture on the bike in reference to the garage door. I didn't note the details in the door he saw when I posted the blowup until just now.

I was still trying to ID this thing in the bottom corner, which I thought to be the mirror to one of the bikes. It's not from anything on the Harley's though. It looks like a piece of crome with a taillight on it also.

Sat May 08, 2010 5:31 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

As James already stated I never thought the photos were from the same date which I pointed out in my first post. I posted the Nov1 photo so we could compare the inside of the garagedoor and see if this was where the photo was taken.
With James' blowup it clearly shows that it was indeed taken inside the garage.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Tue May 11, 2010 1:01 am

bripet56 wrote:With James' blowup it clearly shows that it was indeed taken inside the garage.

Well, at least I knew right off the bat it was at 1034 Audubon!

Tue May 11, 2010 10:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Well, at least I knew right off the bat it was at 1034 Audubon!

That's the main thing :lol: