Post here your Elvis' pictures

Are these UNSEEN pics?

Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:35 am

Hello folks, I don't know if these pictures have been discussed on here before but I've never seen any of them. In the 1st picture Elvis is supposed to be the boy on the chair looking at the girls. About picture number 2, I read once on a forum that the person sitting furthest away at the bar is Elvis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Are these UNSEEN pics?

Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:48 pm

Is that Johnny Cash standing in front of Elvis???

Re: Are these UNSEEN pics?

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:49 pm

These are new to me but, of your uploads, only the one with Gladys and Vernon is verifiable. Unfortunately, it's reversed and cropped. I can tell that it belongs to some other images I previously suggested come from Easter 1948, in Tupelo. Elvis is cultivating his slinky look that would drive the world crazy in about eight years. His mom, Gladys, is 35 years old in these photos, and she looks really pretty. I've gathered them all together for you on this topic. Enjoy!


480328_Elvis_Tupelo Easter.JPG
Elvis On Easter Sunday, March 28, 1948 - Tupelo, MS


480328_Elvis and Gladys_Tupelo Easter.JPG
Elvis and Gladys On Easter Sunday, March 28, 1948 - Tupelo, MS


480328_Vernon and Gladys_Tupelo Easter.JPG
Vernon and Gladys On Easter Sunday, March 28, 1948 - Tupelo, MS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Are these UNSEEN pics?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:19 am

Thank you very much doc! I had a feeling that picture of Gladys and Vernon belonged to the same photo shoot from 1948 (the hair and clothes) but I had never seen I before. One question though, the ones you posted aren't reversed?

What about the other pictures? The first one can be found in the Humes High yearbook and that boy looks a lot like Elvis. The 2nd one actually popped up in a documentary about Elvis called "I don't sound like nobody".

Re: Are these UNSEEN pics?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:48 am

ElvisAronPresley1935 wrote:Thank you very much doc! I had a feeling that picture of Gladys and Vernon belonged to the same photo shoot from 1948 (the hair and clothes) but I had never seen I before. One question though, the ones you posted aren't reversed?


You are welcome. This is what FECC is all about!

All the photos in my previous post are in correct view. Of course, elsewhere on the internet, not to mention books and films, you may have seen them reversed. That's because these people don't know what they are looking at. I'm just a little more savvy. ;-)

For example, the Elvis solo portrait is in great quality. Take a look at it and notice where the buttons are on his shirt and suit coat. They sit exactly where they are supposed to on his outfit.



ElvisAronPresley1935 wrote:What about the other pictures? The first one can be found in the Humes High yearbook and that boy looks a lot like Elvis. The 2nd one actually popped up in a documentary about Elvis called "I don't sound like nobody".


Neither of them shows us anything that can be confirmed as Elvis.

Re: Are these UNSEEN pics?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:02 am

I just zoomed in on the picture, you can see every bit of his jacket! Excellent quality! Even at 13 you could see this was a different looking boy. He definitely inherited Gladys's eyes. It's a shame the other pictures can't be confirmed. I'm certain that's Elvis in the 1st one. Same hairstyle and head shape. Don't forget about the collar turned up! That's so E!

Re: Are these UNSEEN pics?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:38 am

ElvisAronPresley1935 wrote:I just zoomed in on the picture, you can see every bit of his jacket! Excellent quality! Even at 13 you could see this was a different looking boy. He definitely inherited Gladys's eyes. It's a shame the other pictures can't be confirmed. I'm certain that's Elvis in the 1st one. Same hairstyle and head shape. Don't forget about the collar turned up! That's so E!


And the buttons are just where they should be. ;-)

I wish we could see a nice scan of that school photo.

Re: Are these UNSEEN pics?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:03 am

Where did you get the picture? The quality is outstanding for a pic that old.

Re: Are these UNSEEN pics?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:02 am

Image

Elvis with Rosie O'Donnell?

Re: Are these UNSEEN pics?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:28 am

Mister Mike wrote:Image

Elvis with Rosie O'Donnell?

Boy ma boy!! :smt003 :smt003 :smt004
That is funny,but yes it does look like her!!
::rocks

Re: Are these UNSEEN pics?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:46 pm

Hahaha that's not the first time I've heard that one! :lol:

Re: Are these UNSEEN pics?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:26 pm

ElvisAronPresley1935 wrote:Where did you get the picture? The quality is outstanding for a pic that old.


I'm not quite sure, it may have been on a blog. I always try to find interesting things on Elvis to share with the forum.