Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Elvis and Gladys 1945???

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:22 pm

sheila wrote:
TONY wrote:
bluejeans1944 wrote:I found this recently on one of the elvis fan sites. Don't know if this is legitimate or not, but sounds possible.

I know the pic is not very clear but that building in the background resembles Lauderdale Courts more than the Tupelo home.

Are You Kidding Me!? You can't even tell the background! Hah.

I recognise that brick!! :lol:

Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:40 am

KevinK wrote:
mjsantafe wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: IIRC, the original publication of this October 1945 image was in one of Bill E. Burk's books.

IIRC, Bill Burk stated in an interview that he had found someone with home movie footage of the 1945 talent contest that included Elvis and that the owner had no interest in selling the footage.

I remember someone posting that on a alt Newsgroup some years back. I made a joke after someone said there was a major discovery in the Elvis world. Another poster came on and said it 'definitely exists'. Might have been Bill himself, who knows.. I was dubious at the time, but now, I dunno.. anything's possible. If it does exist, it's unlikely to have sound.. would be amazing to see though.

Since Burk had nothing to gain by telling this story, why would there be a need to make it up? 16mm home movie cameras at the time did not have sound. The film reels ran for 10-15 minutes. Given the other home movies that have come to light since Elvis' passing, it is not impossible to think that this film eventually be seen by the public.
Side note:"Authoritatve" members of this forum were quick to doubt my story about Lee Majors making a cameo appearance in Clambake too, but I was a witness on the set that day and you can still see him in the film...

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:48 am

From JulienĀ“s Auctions:
http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/11/lot/2759/from/find-lots/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:10 am

Woah, talk about shedding new light!

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:18 am

KevinK wrote:
mjsantafe wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: IIRC, the original publication of this October 1945 image was in one of Bill E. Burk's books.

IIRC, Bill Burk stated in an interview that he had found someone with home movie footage of the 1945 talent contest that included Elvis and that the owner had no interest in selling the footage.

I remember someone posting that on a alt Newsgroup some years back. I made a joke after someone said there was a major discovery in the Elvis world. Another poster came on and said it 'definitely exists'. Might have been Bill himself, who knows.. I was dubious at the time, but now, I dunno.. anything's possible. If it does exist, it's unlikely to have sound.. would be amazing to see though.

Well that would truly be amazing, even without sound. One can only imagine the possible treasures that lay out there in Private hands. Hopefully one day, when the people who own such legendary footage and audio pass away, they're ancestors may not have the same attachment to it and decide to sell it to EPE or SONY. Bruce Jackson springs to mind, I wonder what will happen to all those supposed Soundboards when he eventually passes away?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:04 am

Could that fellow on the end be Travis Smith?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:45 am

Now we're talkin'! Nice and clear!!

Thanks for finding these, The fool!

elvis-fan wrote:Could that fellow on the end be Travis Smith?

If the images are related to the Presleys, that man does not seem to the Reverend Frank Smith.

Reverend Frank and Corene Smith, Tupelo, MS

Also, the little boy is probably 12, placing the photo to 1947 if it's Elvis.

Finally, the second photo shows a man not unlike Vernon on the far left, implying that the little boy got up to snap a photo of what could be a family shot, with the man on the left the person who took the first photo.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:19 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Finally, the second photo shows a man not unlike Vernon on the far left, implying that the little boy got up to snap a photo of what could be a family shot, with the man on the left the person who took the first photo.

Yeah I though that. Also the picture is a little blurry, so presumably the young Elvis wasn't the best of photographers.

I also have no doubt about that being Elvis, Vernon and Gladys. Unimstakeably them - especially Elvis. Liek somebody pointed out, there's many pictures of Elvis over the years sitting with his left leg like that, and this kind of false bravado posture. Kinda like the way he walked, in that sort of cowboy style like he was about to draw a gun. You can just tell there's something very mysterious about that young boy can't you - amazing picture indeed.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:09 pm

Apparently the couple in the picture is Hubert & Tina Tipton & one of their offspring. Tina's 2 sisters were married to Gladys' 2 brothers Johnny & Travis. they left for Memphis shortly after the Presleys.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:05 pm

Sweet mother of pearl! That is incredible!

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:11 pm

If that's not a legit picture of Elvis and his mom, I'll eat it.

Thu May 05, 2011 4:08 pm

The picture you have posted above is of my father, Rev. Frank W. Smith, and my mother, Corene Smith, standing in front of the church. Thank you for sharing it!

Thu May 05, 2011 4:27 pm

miss southern belle wrote:The picture you have posted above is of my father, Rev. Frank W. Smith, and my mother, Corene Smith, standing in front of the church. Thank you for sharing it!

Have you got any more photos ?

Thu May 05, 2011 9:31 pm

Miss Southern Belle, could you PLEASE post that photo of the church group outside the church that your parents kindly allowed Bill Burk to use in his book "The Tupelo Years"? I am almost positive that is Gladys to the right of the picture holding infant Elvis, and Vernon in the back row. I would be VERY grateful to see a large clear copy of this, if possible.

Thu May 05, 2011 11:21 pm

miss southern belle wrote:The picture you have posted above is of my father, Rev. Frank W. Smith, and my mother, Corene Smith, standing in front of the church. Thank you for sharing it!

Welcome to the forum. Miss Southern Belle.

It's always a pleasure to welcome new members who have an actual connection to Elvis.

Hope you enjoy your time here - we're a friendly bunch!

Fri May 06, 2011 3:05 am

YES!! I would love to see an enlargement of the church photo...as well. :D

Fri May 06, 2011 7:09 pm

Please, Miss Southern Belle.....

Mon May 09, 2011 11:14 pm

chris j wrote:Please, Miss Southern Belle.....

She's gone..........

Tue May 10, 2011 5:02 am

ColinB wrote:

She's gone..........

I know not where......

Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:57 am

Dan_T wrote:
ColinB wrote:

She's gone..........

I know not where......

But know we just don't care...