Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Elvis and Gladys 1945???

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:02 pm

Threads gone now................no pic

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:56 am

The picture is almost certainly a forgery anyway.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:30 am

Terry wrote: Elvis at 10 years for sure !

that's a cool photo..

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:41 am

And here's the uncropped photo. Source: Memphis Recording Service Vol. 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:09 am

hilton22000 wrote:And here's the uncropped photo. Source: Memphis Recording Service Vol. 1

IIRC, the original publication of this October 1945 image was in one of Bill E. Burk's books.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:02 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
hilton22000 wrote:And here's the uncropped photo. Source: Memphis Recording Service Vol. 1

IIRC, the original publication of this October 1945 image was in one of Bill E. Burk's books.

Well, i mean my source... :wink:

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:20 am

No worries -- I'm sure Burk had no problem with that photo appearing in another book.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:10 am

If we consider what the owner of the photo says
It was taken right before the Presley's moved to Memphis.
we might be looking at a late September or early November 1948 photo and not a 1945 photo.

Do we have any photos of Elvis at 13 or 14 to compare??

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Did we ever get a follow up on this ?

Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:31 pm

I found this recently on one of the elvis fan sites. Don't know if this is legitimate or not, but sounds possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:21 pm

If you ask me, it's Elvis and Gladys right there... I used different filters on the picture, and I didn't find traces of faces pasted on or anything like that... sadly, it seems the original picture was very small, so even with a good scan it wouldn't be much better than that...
Same hairline, same separation of the eyes, same position of the nose, same place of the mouth, same posture...
About the complaining lady... she's mad now that she realized she could have made money with that unseen picture and now it's practically public domain... well, you shouldn't have posted it in the first place, now we all have it (that's why you shouldn't make "private" pictures or videos with your significant one either):

I'm glad they did... in both cases :lol:
Last edited by JimmyCool on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:34 pm

As a photoshoper I'd say non doctored & most definitely Elvis.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:53 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote: IIRC, the original publication of this October 1945 image was in one of Bill E. Burk's books.

IIRC, Bill Burk stated in an interview that he had found someone with home movie footage of the 1945 talent contest that included Elvis and that the owner had no interest in selling the footage.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:56 pm

mjsantafe wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: IIRC, the original publication of this October 1945 image was in one of Bill E. Burk's books.

IIRC, Bill Burk stated in an interview that he had found someone with home movie footage of the 1945 talent contest that included Elvis and that the owner had no interest in selling the footage.

Now that's a rare piece of film.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:06 pm

mjsantafe wrote:

8) I was just thinking how awesome footage like this would be to discover yesterday! And people that own this amazing footage don't want to share and just keep it hidden forever!! Elvis once said when asked about spending so much money helping other people etc.,(not exact quote?)"What good is money,just gathering dust in a bank,when it can help a body". 8)

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:56 am

ian wrote:
mjsantafe wrote:

8) I was just thinking how awesome footage like this would be to discover yesterday! And people that own this amazing footage don't want to share and just keep it hidden forever!! Elvis once said when asked about spending so much money helping other people etc.,(not exact quote?)"What good is money,just gathering dust in a bank,when it can help a body". 8)

Its confusing then why Elvis stayed with a manager who wasted millions of his money on gambling.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:10 am

Bodie wrote:
ian wrote:
mjsantafe wrote:

Its confusing then why Elvis stayed with a manager who wasted millions of his money on gambling.

Fear of failing without him, loyalty, who knows, I wish I did.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:04 pm

It surely looks like them both... Plus, let's be honest: the fact that the quality is bad doesn't help much... But surely looks like 'em.

PS.: I don't understand why someone would go nuts over a pic like that being shown to Elvis' fans.... Heck, I would be proud to show it/share it, actually, if it was me.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:32 pm

There are many pics of Elvis over the years, with his left ankle draped across the top of his right knee. The posture looks the same. I'd say it's them.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:23 pm

[quote="mjsantaf

IIRC, Bill Burk stated in an interview that he had found someone with home movie footage of the 1945 talent contest that included Elvis and that the owner had no interest in selling the footage.[/quote]

Yeah right!! And I own footage of Beethoven writing his first piece of music!! :smt006

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:25 pm

bluejeans1944 wrote:I found this recently on one of the elvis fan sites. Don't know if this is legitimate or not, but sounds possible.

I know the pic is not very clear but that building in the background resembles Lauderdale Courts more than the Tupelo home.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:05 pm

"Elvis at 10 years for sure !"

...sorry, I don't know why Elvis is wearing glasses on this one ?

Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:43 pm

TONY wrote:
bluejeans1944 wrote:I found this recently on one of the elvis fan sites. Don't know if this is legitimate or not, but sounds possible.

I know the pic is not very clear but that building in the background resembles Lauderdale Courts more than the Tupelo home.

Are You Kidding Me!? You can't even tell the background! Hah.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:00 pm

mjsantafe wrote:

I remember someone posting that on a alt Newsgroup some years back. I made a joke after someone said there was a major discovery in the Elvis world. Another poster came on and said it 'definitely exists'. Might have been Bill himself, who knows.. I was dubious at the time, but now, I dunno.. anything's possible. If it does exist, it's unlikely to have sound.. would be amazing to see though.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:29 pm

TONY wrote:[quote="mjsantaf

Yeah right!! And I own footage of Beethoven writing his first piece of music!! :smt006[/quote]

Holy smoke, could you possibly share it with us Tony?? Does it have sound, colour or b/w?