Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Elvis and Gladys 1945???

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:
It would be a great find if true but something about that kids hairstyle screams no way to me.

The hairstyle looks identical to other Elvis pics from the 40s??

Is it the same hairstyle on every photo? And then on the new photo the face of Elvis seems to me much more round

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Hard to tell...but, of all the photos of Gladys on how she dresses, the shoes that she is wearing...I don't think it's her because of the hi heel with laces. I never see her in them. :|

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:21 pm

I believe that it would arrange us for a new photo of Elvis at 10 but seen the morphological differences between both photos.It is a pure coincidence and it arranges us after all.
Let us be realistic

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:44 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Good thinking Batman. Can you contact him?

Working on it. Marty's sending it to him and is going to ask him.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:58 am

Well done. Let's sort this out once and for all. Keep us posted!

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:51 pm

there's a woman hopping mad on tcb-world, she say's this pic has been used without her knowledge from a private site. It's her Mother in Law, Father in Law and Brother in Law in it..........taken out the front of the Presley's house

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:16 pm

debtd1 wrote:there's a woman hopping mad on tcb-world, she say's this pic has been used without her knowledge from a private site. It's her Mother in Law, Father in Law and Brother in Law in it..........taken out the front of the Presley's house

From TCBWORLD :

yesterday 07:47 PM #28 LaurieT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You found that picture my butt Jess. How dare you!! How dare you!! I am livid about this picture. And more than hurt. This needs to be deleted right now!

For all you others. I was on a private message board with Jess. I shared this picture there with the reassurance that is would never be taken from that board. Ever! I trusted everyone on that board. But no, Jess had to stab me right in the back.
This is family photo that has never been seen by anyone but family and a few friends we trust. The photo is my mother-in-law. my father-in-law, and my brother-in-law. It was taken right before the Presley's moved to Memphis. It was taken right outside the Tupelo home. One the park bench outside the home. My father-in-laws name is Hubert Tipton. I can verify everything on that photo by posting other photos of my family members. But why would I. My privacy has been compomised now thanks to Jess. How low can a person go.
Delete this picture Now! Moderators!
This picture was never supposed to be out there for everyone to see!! I'm sorry but this is my family. And I never gave my permission to have it shared

:shock:

Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:00 pm

What the hell's her problem? She should be proud to share it with Elvis fans.

Selfish.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:42 pm

I wouldn't want to be Jess right about now.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm very very surprised it has found its way to the internet :? :?

I saw it long time ago but it was supposed to be a secret family pic, shown in complete confidence.

Don't think the owner of it ( my friend ) will like that at all. In fact it is a bit sad that trust always seems to be broken by people.

:(
Last edited by riley on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:04 pm

So I guess she's confirming that's Elvis and Gladys, although she doesn't say so in so many words.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:19 pm

I'm sure that Hubert Tipton is referred to somewhere as one of the first people (allegedly) to have taught Elvis how to play guitar.
Last edited by Garfield on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Quick - save the pic everyone before it's removed!!

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Spot-on instincts, S L Guitar Man! Now let's all start thinking more clearly about that Tupelo Church picture, where again Gladys is instantly recognisable, and therefore the baby in her arms.......

Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:08 pm

Or then, it is a funny strategy well done to persuade effectively that it is Elvis and Gladys.
This person try to do to make it possibly famous..and this person is quite new on the TCB forum..
Pure coincidence. Personally I doubt that is Elvis and her mother on this photo.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Garfield wrote:I'm sure that Hubert Tipton is referred to somewhere as one of the first people (allegedly) to have taught Elvis how to play guitar.

Yeah, they always credit Hubert and his brother, but forget to mention Rev. Frank Smith.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:43 pm

E-Cat wrote:
Garfield wrote:I'm sure that Hubert Tipton is referred to somewhere as one of the first people (allegedly) to have taught Elvis how to play guitar.

Yeah, they always credit Hubert and his brother, but forget to mention Rev. Frank Smith.

It seems Elvis had a long line of guitar teachers. Didn't Brother Frank Smith teach Elvis and his class 'Old Shep'? Funnily enough, when I first saw the 'new' photo my thought was that it might have been taken when Elvis was baptised by Frank Smith (did this happen in 1944 or 1945?). Everyone is dressed so well that an important occasion looks to have been celebrated.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:08 pm

Garfield wrote:Funnily enough, when I first saw the 'new' photo my thought was that it might have been taken when Elvis was baptised by Frank Smith (did this happen in 1944 or 1945?). Everyone is dressed so well that an important occasion looks to have been celebrated.

When I first saw the photo I thought the person to the right was actually Frank Smith.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:11 pm

E-Cat wrote:
Garfield wrote:Funnily enough, when I first saw the 'new' photo my thought was that it might have been taken when Elvis was baptised by Frank Smith (did this happen in 1944 or 1945?). Everyone is dressed so well that an important occasion looks to have been celebrated.

When I first saw the photo I thought the person to the right was actually Frank Smith.

Great minds think alike. :D That also occurred to me. I haven't seen pictures of Frank Smith as a young man, however.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:18 pm

Garfield wrote:
E-Cat wrote:

Great minds think alike. :D That also occurred to me. I haven't seen pictures of Frank Smith as a young man, however.

lol - however I do have a few of Frank Smith from 1945.
If I find them I upload these for you to judge

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:21 pm

Nice one, E-Cat. You don't also happen to have photos of Hubert (or his brother, Ernest) to compare with the picture?

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Looks real to me. The hands of Gladys fit. Elvis's posture fits. The faces fit, and no other photos are known where they could be copy-and-pasted from.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Terry wrote:
debtd1 wrote:there's a woman hopping mad on tcb-world, she say's this pic has been used without her knowledge from a private site. It's her Mother in Law, Father in Law and Brother in Law in it..........taken out the front of the Presley's house

From TCBWORLD :

yesterday 07:47 PM #28 LaurieT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You found that picture my butt Jess. How dare you!! How dare you!! I am livid about this picture. And more than hurt. This needs to be deleted right now!

For all you others. I was on a private message board with Jess. I shared this picture there with the reassurance that is would never be taken from that board. Ever! I trusted everyone on that board. But no, Jess had to stab me right in the back.
This is family photo that has never been seen by anyone but family and a few friends we trust. The photo is my mother-in-law. my father-in-law, and my brother-in-law. It was taken right before the Presley's moved to Memphis. It was taken right outside the Tupelo home. One the park bench outside the home. My father-in-laws name is Hubert Tipton. I can verify everything on that photo by posting other photos of my family members. But why would I. My privacy has been compomised now thanks to Jess. How low can a person go.
Delete this picture Now! Moderators!
This picture was never supposed to be out there for everyone to see!! I'm sorry but this is my family. And I never gave my permission to have it shared

:shock:

If one wants to keep something secret one should not share it, private messageboard or anything! Personally I'm glad she DID share it. Do you have any more secret family shots to share on that private messageboard? We promise not to share it with anyone else.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Wow.What a mess. Judging by her annoyance she must be fairly new to messageboards etc. It is a shame though for someone to take it elsewhere.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:59 pm

Elvis at 10 years for sure !