Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Evansville or NY 1972?

Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:51 pm

Yes sir, Kenneth, I most certainly did. I have a really poor audience recording of the show just for posterity and the quality still shines right through. As our first time to see Elvis in concert, we were expecting TTWII and got something entirely different as his show had changed much in that year and a half.

The ending of the show was wild indeed; my Dad left our seats on the risers at the left of the stage to try and catch a shot of Elvis leaving the stage.... and got trampled in the backstage area by the hordes of people chasing after our hero.

At one time my aunt had a pretty darn good sounding recording of the show but it's been years and I don't know if she still does or not. I'd easily rate is as better than the 11/10 Boston show that every body raves (rightly) about.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:10 pm

FrankieRider2 wrote:Yes sir, Kenneth, I most certainly did. I have a really poor audience recording of the show just for posterity and the quality still shines right through. As our first time to see Elvis in concert, we were expecting TTWII and got something entirely different as his show had changed much in that year and a half.

The ending of the show was wild indeed; my Dad left our seats on the risers at the left of the stage to try and catch a shot of Elvis leaving the stage.... and got trampled in the backstage area by the hordes of people chasing after our hero.

At one time my aunt had a pretty darn good sounding recording of the show but it's been years and I don't know if she still does or not. I'd easily rate is as better than the 11/10 Boston show that every body raves (rightly) about.

Thank you for your respond. Very exciting that fans around here at FECC have seen him live, but I find it so great that some of you have been to concerts that really shows him on top of the game. Elvis in Cincinatti, Dallas, Houston and in Tuscaloosa really rocks in Nov 71. That Boston show on the 10th was good, but I have always ranked that shows as the weakest on that tour. I beth that he was not happy with the Boston show, because after that show he really were sharp in the rest of the tour.

It was a rumour two years ago which Ger Rijff started here at FECC that a soundboard from one of the Dallas 13 Nov 71 shows was planned released on a import label. I wonder when this will happend?

Sincerely

Kenneth

Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:59 am

Kenneth wrote:Elvis in Cincinatti

Where is this place?

Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:38 am

Rob wrote:
Kenneth wrote:Elvis in Cincinatti

Where is this place?

cinnnnciiiinnnatti????

Sincerleelrelrly

Kennnnnnethhhh

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:40 am

:lol: wow EXCELLENT photos, but like the recent lake tahoe may1st 1976 ones(which sold for US$165) these were too expensive, but the screen captures are an excellent 2nd best!~ :D

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:33 pm

FrankieRider2 wrote:Yes sir, Kenneth, I most certainly did. As our first time to see Elvis in concert, we were expecting TTWII and got something entirely different as his show had changed much in that year and a half.

frankie - thats awesome ! well pretty much amazing ! ive seen most of my musical heros & favs, the ones left alive anyway but it has & will always pain me to the bone that i never got the chance to see
our man , especially at the peak of his 70's power !

and you saw him a week after MSG too ? my boy my boy!
ive always been convinced that if i had the option to go back in time & see just 1 show only -
that id choose the sat eve MSG show !
(i know its a very very tuff call, O.N 69 would be hard to turn down hey)

how did the fort worth show compare to the M.S.G RECORDING(s) and the 71 show ???????

back on track, the evansville pics are superb, glad to see them valued & fetch a good price!
he looked great with a tan & i also think he looked fantastic in the blue suits, totally love the Feb70 one, curious why he didnt continue wearing those early suits, too much choice i guess & most likely not flamboyant enuff!

sorry for waffling !

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:11 am

Z0S0 wrote:frankie - thats awesome ! well pretty much amazing ! ive seen most of my musical heros & favs, the ones left alive anyway but it has & will always pain me to the bone that i never got the chance to see
our man , especially at the peak of his 70's power !

and you saw him a week after MSG too ? my boy my boy!
ive always been convinced that if i had the option to go back in time & see just 1 show only -
that id choose the sat eve MSG show !
(i know its a very very tuff call, O.N 69 would be hard to turn down hey)

how did the fort worth show compare to the M.S.G RECORDING(s) and the 71 show ???????

Well, if I had to pick between August 1969 and June 1972.... I'm afraid I'd go for the '69 show.

As to the Fort Worth show, the tempo was about the same as MSG (which was much faster than November 1971) but the show featured more "oldies" than he did in NYC. "My Babe" was fantastic!

Really, we were just glad to have been able to see him for the second time in two months...

Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:39 pm

There aren't many shots from Evansville '72 floating around so here's another rare-ish shot I think is quite possibly from that particular show.

An Ed Bonja shot too, it seems, and a pretty cool one!

--> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Presley-O ... 1266328637

$T2eC16F,!)QE9s3HCoGrBSDlrLgCjg~~60_3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:41 pm

I've never seen that shot before...cool.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:01 am

As our first time to see Elvis in concert, we were expecting TTWII and got something entirely different as his show had changed much in that year and a half.

Can I ask - how did what you got compare with what you were expecting? Did it meet / exceed your expectations compared to TTWII?

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:27 am

Darryl, I think it was great because it was a totally different experience. Had it been more similar to TTWII, I think it would have been more disappointing. A lot of the songs "carried over" but the aura was different. You had the soaring 2001 opening, the flashy Black Matador jumpsuit, the cape. We were expecting spectacle, and we definitely got it. Just a different kind, I guess.

But it did introduce us to what we would see in succeeding years...would loved to have seen the Elvis of 1969-70. But I'm proud to have seen the Elvis of 1971-76 nine times too.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:05 am

That's a great answer Frankie - thanks. That November tour, and the first 2 tours of 1972 really are, for me, Elvis at the peak of his powers as a mature artist, really becoming the artist he wanted to be. As he told the New York press when asked if he was as good as ever, he said he thought he'd improved, and I have to agree with him. While Vegas had got stale, Tahoe and the Novmber tour brought fresh fire, and enthisiasm. He had a boyhood hero on stage with him in JD, someone he no doubt wanted to impress, and got a kick out of performing with. The musicians were all at the top of their game, and while physically he didn't always look in great shape, vocally, and commitment wise, the show had everything.

He really was, at this time, the singer who thought he could sing all kinds.