Post here your Elvis' pictures

Need some help

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:43 pm

Do you know the story that goes with this picture? Thank you for any help you can give us!!!!

Re: Need some help

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:54 pm

I may be way off on this (which is very likely) but somehow I seem to recall this or one like it having something to do with a Cadillac dealership in Memphis.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:58 pm

THnx JamesVRoy

Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:04 pm

OK, I wasn't nuts. Its from Madison Cadillac in Memphis

see http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34990

Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:48 pm

the arrow points to where they would be in the picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:36 pm

It is such a weird photo -- and one that some might choose to use as an example of Elvis having really gone off the deep end.

"I can't hold myself in line."

Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:49 pm

Can we see the colour pic laid flat? As the black & White doesn't look right to me, looks like some sad ETA & not E at all? Cadillac dealership in daytime in a jumpsuit? "off the deep end" indeed John if is Elvis.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:01 pm

If it is Elvis, and I assume it is, he had to have just came home from being on tour. He stayed in his jumpsuit instead of changing on the plane and upon arriving in Memphis, went straight to the dealership.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:11 pm

Rob wrote:If it is Elvis, and I assume it is, he had to have just came home from being on tour. He stayed in his jumpsuit instead of changing on the plane and upon arriving in Memphis, went straight to the dealership.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If that's the case then the jumpsuit junkies should be able to confirm a date. Does it look like any that he's known to have worn at any particular shows?

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:27 pm

He looks short, hair doesn't sit right ( sorry, it's my job! ) & his gut just looks lot bigger than has done whenever I have seen him in that suit............... isn't black usually slimming?

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:30 pm

At first glance I would say it's an ETA, but looking at the persons behind him, I think it is Elvis. But somehow he doesn't look like himself. :roll:

Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:33 am

Elvis wore other stage suits as well in his spare time in ´75.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:36 am

I would say its from summer '75

Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:01 am

Elvis wore other stage suits as well in his spare time in ´75.
........................ all at night, in those three supplied pics? £10 to charity if someone proves conclusively it's Elvis cos I don't think it is.

Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:03 am

It's possible he could have had a yen to car shop in-between shows. If so, this date might apply:

June 1, 1975 - after the AS gig in Huntsville (where he wore the suit)

Huntsville is 250 miles from Memphis, a very quick flight by plane.

God, I so hope he wasn't just wearing that thing around town.

Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:21 am

Given and back-up crew and the jumpsuit I don't doubt it's Elvis. Whatever compelled him to wear that costume during the day while shopping for cars in Memphis is something beyond my line of reasoning

Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:06 pm

rickeap wrote:Given and back-up crew and the jumpsuit I don't doubt it's Elvis. Whatever compelled him to wear that costume during the day while shopping for cars in Memphis is something beyond my line of reasoning

It's a double-bluff !

He wanted to slip out incognito & wearing that get up made everybody assume it was an imitator & they left him alone !

Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Yeah, it really is a weird pic. I have never doubted that it's Elvis, though. Who knows why he would be in his jumpsuit. Elvis did his share of quirky things.

Thanks for the overhead pic, James...

Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Before Madison, it was Southern Motors, Inc.

I stopped for a few shots of this place last December. It's a lot closer to downtown than I thought. Its across Union Ave. from and about a block up from the baseball park.

http://www.pbase.com/jroy/image/140380785/
http://www.pbase.com/jroy/image/140380783/
http://www.pbase.com/jroy/image/140380784/

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:36 pm

it has been topic many times.....yes it elvis wearing his jumpsuit.....he did that more.......it is a pitty we dont have any info from the mm abou those strange actions of our hero

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:46 pm

ep2 wrote:it has been topic many times.....yes it elvis wearing his jumpsuit.....he did that more.......it is a pitty we dont have any info from the mm abou those strange actions of our hero

Yes, its been covered. My point though was the former business name and that the photo of Carl and Sam were taken there. I should probably have started another thread with a more descript title but thought to just keep them all together.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:56 pm

Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:15 pm

Here is the photo...

Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Here is a photo of Linda taken that same day.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Kingcandids wrote:Here is the photo...

Thanks Russ!