Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:17 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:You guys are awesome!

It's what we do!

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:21 pm

Rob wrote:It's what we do!

Thank you, Tina.

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:06 am

javierTCB wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Javier -- and Lonnie -- this is really a neat piece of information.


Thanks Doc :D

drjohncarpenter wrote:But can anyone identify what song Elvis is doing on the cover of "Aloha From Hawaii Via Satellite"? It's from the April 1972 tour, IIRC.


Like Rob I think is "Proud Mary"


My guess is the same date but the wind up during the outro to "Polk Salad Annie".

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:19 am

Mike C wrote:My guess is the same date but the wind up during the outro to "Polk Salad Annie".

THAT is a possibility!

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:24 am

Since we're on the topic of album covers and the song he's doing, can anybody point out the song Elvis is singing in You'll Never Walk Alone album cause that's my favorite jumpsuit Elvis cover!

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:46 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike C wrote:My guess is the same date but the wind up during the outro to "Polk Salad Annie".

THAT is a possibility!

Use your heads, people. It is "Proud Mary." Elvis still had his cape on in the photo. Charlie (or sometimes even Elvis himself) always took it off prior to "Polk Salad Annie."

Image

Isn't learning fun?

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:32 pm

Aloha From Hawaii cover ?

Maybe the end of Proud Mary and he is still wearing the cape as mentioned above.

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:43 pm

Do ya think?

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Rob wrote:Use your heads, people. It is "Proud Mary." Elvis still had his cape on in the photo. Charlie (or sometimes even Elvis himself) always took it off prior to "Polk Salad Annie."


I agree :D

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:08 am

BTW I have a feelin that Fool cover was taken when he sang I Cant Stop Loving you.................. :smt067 :smt067

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:42 am

Rob wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike C wrote:My guess is the same date but the wind up during the outro to "Polk Salad Annie".

THAT is a possibility!

Use your heads, people. It is "Proud Mary." Elvis still had his cape on in the photo. Charlie (or sometimes even Elvis himself) always took it off prior to "Polk Salad Annie."

Image

Isn't learning fun?


Thanks for pointing that out to me Rob...I totally missed it when thinking about the song. Given that piece of information, I think you are correct.

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:07 pm

KingElvis wrote:BTW I have a feelin that Fool cover was taken when he sang I Cant Stop Loving you.................. :smt067 :smt067

Your "feelin" is wrong.

Image

This shot was captured during the finale of "What Now My Love." If you watch the concert, you can see the exact moment the photo was taken.

Mike C wrote:Thanks for pointing that out to me Rob...I totally missed it when thinking about the song. Given that piece of information, I think you are correct.

You're all right, Mike.

I don't care what they all say about you.

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:10 pm

Thanks, Rob!

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:36 pm

[quote="javierTCB"]It's often asked in this forum for the song that sings Elvis in the picture of the cover front TTWII LP soundtrack.
At last I knew…..is Aug 11, 1970, DS, and the song is “SUSPICIOUS MINDS”.

The exact moment is 1 minute and 13 seconds after begin the song and just before of “Why can´t you see / What you´re doing to me…..”.

Thanks Javier, for this great search....

Now I was wondering how many pictures there made, before this one was chosen for the cover...
Ed Bonja pic ?
There are a lot of alternate pictures from late 70's covers, but from TTWII ? Anyone ??

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:42 pm

ed40 wrote:Thanks Javier, for this great search..


Thanks ed40. :smt006

ed40 wrote:Now I was wondering how many pictures there made, before this one was chosen for the cover...
Ed Bonja pic?


Check the FTD book of "The Way It Was" (2001) there´s other shots from live segments of TTWII. But I do not know how many were taken for the cover

This one was posted in TCB-World by Harry Chavez -->
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:57 pm

Wow, thank you, Javier ... that colour cover shot is amazing.

What a transformation!

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:11 am

George Smith wrote:Wow, thank you, Javier ... that colour cover shot is amazing.

What a transformation!


Thanks friend. Harry Chavez is an expert in colorized photos. :D

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:54 am

Hi Javier and others,

I 've followed your advice: I've searched in the FTD book 'The way it was'..
In the introduction of the book can we read: quote, 'It was the immaculate photo stills collection of Sherif Hanna that provided the inspiration for this project'.
Somewhere later in the text quote: 'we'd like to thank Roger L.Mayer, George Feltenstein, and Judy Singer of Turner Entertainment, not only for granting us permission to use these photos etc.'

So who shot the picture? I don´t know.
But it ain´t Ed Bonja, he showed up later.

The actual sleeve pic is on page 71, however it's very small...and there just a few pics in it, were Elvis is wearing this beautiful suit. But no alternates...

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:54 pm

ed40 wrote:Hi Javier and others,

I 've followed your advice: I've searched in the FTD book 'The way it was'..
In the introduction of the book can we read: quote, 'It was the immaculate photo stills collection of Sherif Hanna that provided the inspiration for this project'.
Somewhere later in the text quote: 'we'd like to thank Roger L.Mayer, George Feltenstein, and Judy Singer of Turner Entertainment, not only for granting us permission to use these photos etc.'

So who shot the picture? I don´t know.
But it ain´t Ed Bonja, he showed up later.

The actual sleeve pic is on page 71, however it's very small...and there just a few pics in it, were Elvis is wearing this beautiful suit. But no alternates...


You are correct. I check my FTD book and don´t found more info and pics of that moment. I´m sorry ed40. :(

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:02 am

Is there a credit on the original LP or the FTD CD reissue?

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:22 am

Mike C wrote:
Rob wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike C wrote:My guess is the same date but the wind up during the outro to "Polk Salad Annie".

THAT is a possibility!

Use your heads, people. It is "Proud Mary." Elvis still had his cape on in the photo. Charlie (or sometimes even Elvis himself) always took it off prior to "Polk Salad Annie."

Image

Isn't learning fun?


Thanks for pointing that out to me Rob...I totally missed it when thinking about the song. Given that piece of information, I think you are correct.


I'm not saying it isn't, but Elvis' hair looks a lil too messed up in this photo to be the second song selection.

Damn, "See See Rider" must have been a bitch ... :wink:

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:56 am

Could it be this guy? I assume he might be a photographer from MGM
phototaker.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:58 pm

Any chance the Aloha cover photo could be Trilogy? It would explain the messy hair, and the cape being on. The was always some movements during the song, after the first "Glory, Glory Halleluja...". The Greensboro performance in EOT gives a clue.

Also, thinking about it, that pose / facial expression also reminds me of the ending of Big Hunk Of Love as performed at Hampton Roads, again, with the cape on towards the end of the show.

Not saying it's not Proud Mary - it could well be, but the cape always came back on later in the show, and his hair does look very messy for it to be so early in the show.

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:09 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Any chance the Aloha cover photo could be Trilogy? It would explain the messy hair, and the cape being on. The was always some movements during the song, after the first "Glory, Glory Halleluja...". The Greensboro performance in EOT gives a clue.

Also, thinking about it, that pose / facial expression also reminds me of the ending of Big Hunk Of Love as performed at Hampton Roads, again, with the cape on towards the end of the show.

Not saying it's not Proud Mary - it could well be, but the cape always came back on later in the show, and his hair does look very messy for it to be so early in the show.



Good call, but his scarf is still nicely tucked in and it's probably less likely to be so after he dispenses with the first scarf so this moment's therefore most likely from early in the show. I'd still go with "Proud Mary," with Elvis just having a bad hair day. Ran out of hairspray, maybe.

Re: TTWII cover front LP: Elvis sings...

Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:20 am

I don't think the picture on ALOHA is from Texas. I just watched Proud Mary from ON TOUR and his hair is back. The picture on ALOHA his hair is down in the front. The picture on the Separate Ways album has his hair the same way, and his is playing the Guitar, so it is early in the concert. These might have been taken in Buffalo, I believe he wore the same outfit.