Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: 'Loving You' The Making Of

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:23 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:This is an amazing thread! Many thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words

From the same room as the top shot, this shot is said to be a scene cut from the film (as mentioned in the book "Elvis' man friday" by Gene Smith);
LY SHOT..jpg
[/quote]

Really! have you got the a quote to hand from the book by any chance?

Davide

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:33 pm

davide wrote:

From the same room as the top shot, this shot is said to be a scene cut from the film (as mentioned in the book "Elvis' man friday" by Gene Smith);
LY SHOT..jpg

Davide[/quote]

Yes, it's on page 142......................"I have to admit that I was disappointed to discover that the barber shop scene in 'Loving you', wherin Deke Rivers gives me a haircut, had been cut from the film, and as I sat there and watched the movie and listened to Dolores Hart as Susan Jessup sing 'Detour' I reflected on the detours, wrong-turns, deadends and alternate routes on the roadmap of Elvis' life...................."

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:43 pm

TONY. wrote:
davide wrote:

LY SHOT..jpg

Davide

Yes, it's on page 142......................"I have to admit that I was disappointed to discover that the barber shop scene in 'Loving you', wherin Deke Rivers gives me a haircut, had been cut from the film, and as I sat there and watched the movie and listened to Dolores Hart as Susan Jessup sing 'Detour' I reflected on the detours, wrong-turns, deadends and alternate routes on the roadmap of Elvis' life...................."[/quote]

Wow - thanks for finding that, I have never heard of a deleted barber shop scene.

Davide

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:40 am

davide wrote:
TONY. wrote:
davide wrote:

LY SHOT..jpg

Davide

Yes, it's on page 142......................"I have to admit that I was disappointed to discover that the barber shop scene in 'Loving you', wherin Deke Rivers gives me a haircut, had been cut from the film, and as I sat there and watched the movie and listened to Dolores Hart as Susan Jessup sing 'Detour' I reflected on the detours, wrong-turns, deadends and alternate routes on the roadmap of Elvis' life...................."

Wow - thanks for finding that, I have never heard of a deleted barber shop scene.

Davide[/quote]

OR Susan Jessop singing "Detour"!!!????!!!!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:06 pm

TONY. wrote:
davide wrote:
TONY. wrote:
davide wrote:

LY SHOT..jpg

Davide

Davide

OR Susan Jessop singing "Detour"!!!????!!!![/quote]

There is a very brief appearance of the number 'Detour' with Dolores Hart in the finished movie at the 17:29 mark (NTSC) - though not Dolores Hart's vocal.

Question : We hear you singing a snatch of 'Detour' in the movie?
Dolores Hart : That was not my voice. I do all my own singing in the monastery now, but back then there just wasn't the time for me to do that. Everything happened so quickly and I wasn't able to work at it, so someone else did the singing
words and music by Paul Westmoreland.

Patti Page version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sqyC4Qoe-A, who was married to Charles O'Curran at the time of the movie.

From an Interview in ETMAHM 62.

Davide

Re: The Making Of 'Loving You' (Updated)

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:19 am

Davide

Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:08 am

TONY. wrote:
davide wrote:Image
Studio Barber Ramiro Jaloma and Elvis.
The image above, is improved in quality, which I have previously posted, but now have the caption to go alongside.

Also a new photo for me from the set of 'Loving You'. Elvis and Yvonne Lime.

Davide

Regardless of what cousin Gene Smith writes in his autobiography, the above photo is NOT a scene cut from "Loving You," but very clearly a cute PR shot in Elvis' dressing room, likely taken by the same AP photographer shortly after the one with Elvis and Paramount studio barber Ramiro Jaloma. It's almost the exact same angle and position, too.

---

On a side note, Jaloma went on to direct at Paramount, later retired, then un-retired, and did a bit more barbering in a resort city near Palm Springs!

060600_The LaQuinta Gem p7.JPG
La Quinta Jem, June 2006
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The Making Of 'Loving You' (Updated)

Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:27 am

"Detour" is a Hill & Range song.

This is not a co-incidence.

Great thread, by the way.