Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: 1966 Meditation Garden Candids!

Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:05 am

carolynm wrote:
I can't really remember if Elvis' grave is maybe just in front of the column on the right of the photo.....if that's right, then Jerry is almost standing on it....

I think the graves are on the other side of the fountain, not where Elvis, Pricilla, Sandy, and Jerry are standing.

You can kind of see a little grass area on that side. The graves are between the wall with colomns and the fountain.

RKS

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:16 am

Elvis' Grave is basically in line with the column just off of E's left shoulder in the picture. The eternal flame is basically right up against the iron fence. The raised concrete is still there. Usually theres a crowd around his grave and if Im in speed mode, I walk on that to get around the crowd, or to wait and find a good place to squeeze in for a second.

In the pic above, if taken from this angle, E's back would be to the camera just above the flame box.

In this pic, E would be off camera to the left, but Jerry might have made the shot (if taken from that angle in 1966). Hope this helps.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:57 am

I hate to evoke the question of whether it's even conceivable that Elvis survived 1977, but I couldn't help but notice (in the unedited, unretouched version of the above photo) that if you look very closely just to the right of the man who's facing the camera (his left), you can make out someone who I think looks rather eerily familiar. Look carefully, and see what you think.
379814original.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:33 pm

Thanks for all your help, guys !

Except Inigo, who must try harder !

Wonder if I'll ever get there ?

Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:46 am

carolynlm wrote:...It would be great if every Elvis fan (those that wanted to of course) could go to Graceland, just once.

Indeed, carolyn. No question, anyone can be just as big a fan without ever getting there, but being there does give the story a little better perspective. It's like having seen Elvis perform in person. I never had that opportunity, and am very envious of those who did. I can still enjoy his live work, but having seen him play live would add another dimension.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:49 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:Yes Sylvain, that is Jerry Schilling and I think his hawaiian girlfriend Sandy??

Her name was Sandy Kawelo.

Jerry fell for her when he joined Elvis on location in Hawaii for "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" in August 1965. She was one of the dancers on the film.

Sandy, Elvis - "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" - August 1965

She and Jerry got married a few years after the 1966 Graceland photos were taken.

If page 508 of Careless Love is true, then EP was the reason this marriage broke up.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:59 am

JRtherealJR wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Her name was Sandy Kawelo.

Jerry fell for her when he joined Elvis on location in Hawaii for "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" in August 1965. She was one of the dancers on the film.

Sandy, Elvis - "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" - August 1965

She and Jerry got married a few years after the 1966 Graceland photos were taken.

If page 508 of Careless Love is true, then EP was the reason this marriage broke up.

No, you have misread what is written there.

What Peter Guralnick reports is that a romance which directly led to the breakup of Schilling's marriage faded away in the spring of 1973, for reasons Jerry could not understand. In June of 1973, while dating singer Kathy Westmoreland, he discovered why it faded away.