Post here your Elvis' pictures

1966 Meditation Garden Candids!

Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:32 am

These would have to of been taken in '66! Anyone have the correct date?! Eerie photo's of Presley standing
around his future burial place. Are there anymore from this photo session!?

ImageImage

Re: 1966 Meditation Garden Candids!

Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:50 am

Here's another one with Elvis anc Priscilla only from same day.
sample5.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:52 am

Thankyou, Brian :lol:

Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:55 am

thefunkyangel wrote:These would have to of been taken in '66! Anyone have the correct date?! Eerie photo's of Presley standing
around his future burial place. Are there anymore from this photo session!?

ImageImage

I don't know the date.
But is the other guy Jerry Schilling ?

Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:59 am

Yes Sylvain, that is Jerry Schilling and I think his hawaiian girlfriend Sandy??

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:56 pm

Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:33 pm

bripet56 wrote:Yes Sylvain, that is Jerry Schilling and I think his hawaiian girlfriend Sandy??

Yep, that's Jerry and Sandy.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:31 pm

they were so goodlooking both of them.

Little did he and she indeed know what would be their future. He lying almost exactly at same spot where he stands in front of. She the rich and powerfull EPE leading lady. :?

Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:23 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Image

Ohhh wow :lol: ! i love this one, completely new to me !
I knew the other 2 pictures, thank you Funkyman my friend
and thank you so much Bripet 56 for this new candid
im sure its from 1966 but what month ? day ?
great !
Keep those '60 candids comin' :)
:smt006
sincerely
Lior

Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:30 pm

When the Meditation Gardens were built, they weren't built for Elvis to be buried there. There were only built as a place for Elvis to go and have some 'quiet' time to himself.
Last edited by Tony Trout on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:45 pm

riley wrote:they were so goodlooking both of them.

Little did he and she indeed know what would be their future. He lying almost exactly at same spot where he stands in front of. She the rich and powerfull EPE leading lady. :?

Creepy!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:43 am

How long did Priscilla kept her hair blond?

Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:59 am

debtd1 wrote:
riley wrote:they were so goodlooking both of them.

Creepy!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well, after her plastic surgery not so long ago, yeah...VERY.

smt156

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:17 am

bripet56 wrote:Yes Sylvain, that is Jerry Schilling and I think his hawaiian girlfriend Sandy??

Her name was Sandy Kawelo.

Jerry fell for her when he joined Elvis on location in Hawaii for "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" in August 1965. She was one of the dancers on the film.

Sandy, Elvis - "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" - August 1965

She and Jerry got married a few years after the 1966 Graceland photos were taken.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:00 am

I'll say this once again:

When the Meditation Gardens were built, they weren't built for Elvis to be buried there. There were only built as a place for Elvis to go and have some 'quiet' time to himself. He was only laid to rest in the Meditation Gardens simply because of the foiled bodysnatching attempt on August 29, 1977.

Once again, we're readin' too much into these photos....Elvis didn't have the Meditation Gardens designed as a burial spot for himself nor his family.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:51 am

Tony Trout wrote:I'll say this once again:

When the Meditation Gardens were built, they weren't built for Elvis to be buried there. There were only built as a place for Elvis to go and have some 'quiet' time to himself. He was only laid to rest in the Meditation Gardens simply because of the foiled bodysnatching attempt on August 29, 1977.

Once again, we're readin' too much into these photos....Elvis didn't have the Meditation Gardens designed as a burial spot for himself nor his family.

Not sure anyone's arguing otherwise. That doesn't stop it being, in hindsight (knowing now what Elvis couldn't have then), a little ironic, creepy, or whatever else to see Elvis standing where now he is buried. The area was not designed as a burial site but, sure enough, that's what it has since become.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:24 pm

exactly Inigo

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:33 pm

You know, if you think about it, how many pictures do people have of others standing on the ground in which they would utlimately be buried?

Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:24 pm

KHoots wrote:You know, if you think about it, how many pictures do people have of others standing on the ground in which they would ultimately be buried?

I have one of my Gran.

She's not dead yet.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:23 pm

Tony Trout wrote:I'll say this once again:

Not arging with you Tony, I don't think he had a 'premonition' or anything. Just us looking back on something we now know, and he didn't :( :( :(

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:52 pm

that's it indeed

Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Yeah, y'all are right. I'm sorry if I came off soundin' a bit agitated......my apologies.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:23 pm

accepted

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:07 am

I've not been to Graceland.

Are the graves where the fountains are ?

Or where they are standing ?

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:26 am

ColinB wrote:Image

I've not been to Graceland.

Are the graves where the fountains are ?

Or where they are standing ?

If you're walking from the poolhouse to the Meditation Gardens, the graves are situated behind th e fountains in a semi-circular pattern .

It's really quite a solemn and emotional moment when you first walk in there on the tour and see the graves for yourselves....it's a moment that I'll never forget as long as I live - or for that matter, the entire trip - the trip was actually a Christmas present back in the early 2,000s from a couple of lady friends of mine - and it's something that I'll cherish for the rest of my life.. I would give anything in the world to be able to go back to Graceland/Memphis just once more and be able to stay more than the one day that we stayed there. :(