Post here your Elvis' pictures

June 1975 tour picture problem

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:00 pm

While I was looking through some pictures concerning this tour I came across a slight problem which, I'm sure, has an obvious solution, and it may even be old news, but it still bugs me...

My main worry is the Houston June 5th show:
On Francesc's site there three pics credited to this show, one of which is here:

But then there are the pics from Rocking in Texas book:
houston75b.JPG

Now isn't that two different belts??

This outfit was also worn in Shreveport, as shown in Chris Brown's book:
shreveport75c.JPG

Recently I came across yet another photo with the same outfit, and with the musicians in white:
jc0719.jpg

And now some dates, please people! At least some are dated wrong. And while we're talking this tour, aren't there really any good photos from Tuscaloosa, June 3rd??

Re: June 1975 tour picture problem

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Well Scott, even Christopher Brown had some photos mixed up in his "On Tour With Elvis."

Elvis had two belts to the Phoenix suits and unfortunately he used both during the May/June tour.

If you look at the photos supposedly from Shreveport on pages 172 and 173 take a close look at the belt itself. Not the buckle. One is white with black pattern and the other is black with white pattern.

So unless Elvis changed his belt in the middle of the show (I didn't take time to read all he wrote on the show) he has photos from two shows here.

Another thing is that in his book Brown says that Elvis wore the White Phoenix on June 4 and the Black Phoenix on June 5 so you probably gotta change the date on some of your Houston photos.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:32 pm

Ohh by the way, Elvis used the White Phoenix on the following shows during the May/June 1975 tour:

May 30, Huntsville. band in red. Two medaillions on the belt
Jun 1 aft, Huntsville, band in white. One medaillion
Jun 2 aft, Mobile, band in blue. One medaillion
Jun 4 Houston, band in white. Two medaillions
Jun 7 aft, Shreveport. band in white. One medaillion (edited)
Jun 8 eve, Jackson, band in red. One medaillion

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
Last edited by bripet56 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:58 pm

bripet56 wrote:Jun 1 aft, Huntsville, band in white. One medaillion
Jun 4 Houston, band in white. Two medaillions
Jun 7 aft, Shreveport. Anybody's guess.

So what we most likely have here is a mixture of these dates; what this also means is that pictures purporting to be from Texas in the FTD book, are not from Texas at all... :roll: Shame on them! :)
As far as I can tell, there is one medallion and white pattern on black in Chris Brown's photo where he's is shaking Elvis' hand, which only happened in Shreveport, meaning this belt:

So where does that leave us: Francesc's photos are actually from June 4th not 5th (and his dated for 4th are somewhere else entirely!!), FTD book either from Shreveport or Huntsville, Brown photo posted in this thread from Houston, and the last one most likely from Huntsville??

I think I need a drink now... :lol:

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Scott, I just finished my second rum & coke so you just go ahead and pour yourself something. Nobody said this was gonna be easy
:lol:

You're right about the belt in Shreveport. Its the one with one medaillion, and in the photo where Elvis holds up the painting we can see that the Charlie is in white. (I'll edit my post above.)

I also agree that Francesc has to delete his photos on JUne 4 and move the ones from June 5 to June 4.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:29 pm

bripet56 wrote:I also agree that Francesc has to delete his photos on JUne 4 and move the ones from June 5 to June 4.

Could those misplaced June 4th photos actually belong to June 2nd??

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:39 pm

I think we talked about those photos being misplaced in one of our posts here or on msn discussions. I have so many open cases that I cannot keep up hahaha. Thank you for your help! Eventually will get them right. I'm not home now ... we are in the Russian River (N. California)

So i'll fix this when I come back !

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:56 pm

I know what you mean francesc. I have some photos I have to move around myself but never seem to get around to doing it.

I think someone would say we lack discipline but I don't agree. We just happen to stumble upon another mystery and then we're hooked.

Yeah Scott, the photos are NOT from Huntsville or Memphis so they gotta be from Mobile or Shreveport. Or maybe even from Oklahoma City on the next tour. I don't know which suits the band wore on the last two mentioned above but in Mobile they wore red.

We need a photo from those three shows where we see Cathy and the Sweet Inspirations. That might be helpful.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:21 am

bripet56 wrote:Yeah Scott, the photos are NOT from Huntsville or Memphis so they gotta be from Mobile or Shreveport. Or maybe even from Oklahoma City on the next tour. I don't know which suits the band wore on the last two mentioned above but in Mobile they wore red.

Brian

If you're talking about the June 2, 1975 matinee performance at Mobile,
the band wore light blue suits.

And what is that medallion (single) on his belt?

Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:00 pm

Ok I'm a little bit confused, how did we get that Elvis wore the Silver or White Phoenix suit on June 4, 1975 ?

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:11 pm

We got that from Christopher Brown's excellent book "On Tour With Elvis" where he follewed Elvis for most of the tour if not the entire tour.

I just noticed that you have Elvis in the Indian/Chief suit on June 4 but that has got to be wrong.

Since the band is dressed in red those photos must be from one of the following three shows:
June 2, eve, Mobile
June 10, Memphis
July 8, Oklahoma City. Not sure what colour the band wore here.

I put up a site about when Elvis wore the White Phoenix suit here http://www.brian56.dk/White%20Phoenix.htm

Sincerely
Brian

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:13 pm

Ok lets say that Elvis did wear the Silver Phoenix suit on June 4 ... what did Elvis then wear during the 5th? It is also in Brown's book?.

Francesc

Fri May 01, 2009 6:12 am

I checked Brown's book and you guys are right. Apparently Elvis wore

June 4, Houston Silver Phoenix Suit
June 5, Houston Black Phoenix suit
June 6, Dallas Black Phoenix suit

Weird that Elvis wore the the Black Phoenix 2 nghts in a row. Too bad reviews dont say anything about the suits.

Fri May 01, 2009 10:52 am

Yes, the photos you have on June 5 actually belong to June 4.

I don't think we should be surprised any longer that Elvis wore the same suit 2 nights in a row. It happened quite a few times now that we know more and more about his shows.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Fri May 01, 2009 2:18 pm

What date are these three photos from??

untitled.JPG

And there is a photo from 7th June AS that I have, I think someone posted it on here, he is wearing theSilver Phoenix suit, was that incorrectly dated??

EDIT: a cropped version of the photo is on Brian's site, he might have been the one who posted it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 01, 2009 3:02 pm

Ben wrote:What date are these three photos from??

untitled.JPG

And there is a photo from 7th June AS that I have, I think someone posted it on here, he is wearing theSilver Phoenix suit, was that incorrectly dated??

EDIT: a cropped version of the photo is on Brian's site, he might have been the one who posted it.

The first one is a George Hill original from the evening show in Huntsville on June 1.

The other two are Len Leech originals from Cleveland on July 10.

Are you referring to the one from June 7 AS from the site below? I might have been the one posting it here in another thread.
http://www.brian56.dk/White%20Phoenix.htm

Sincerely
Brian

Fri May 01, 2009 3:24 pm

bripet56 wrote:
Ben wrote:What date are these three photos from??

untitled.JPG

The first one is a George Hill original from the evening show in Huntsville on June 1.

The other two are Len Leech originals from Cleveland on July 10.

Are you referring to the one from June 7 AS from the site below? I might have been the one posting it here in another thread.
http://www.brian56.dk/White%20Phoenix.htm

Sincerely
Brian

Thanks for the dates, I'll change them.

Yes, that's the photo I was talking about, but the version I have in un-cropped so it might be from on here.

Fri May 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Yeah ben, I think I posted that photo in another thread some months ago. It's from Christopher Brown's book.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat May 02, 2009 5:06 am

Well changes have been made after weeks ... I'll put an asterisk to those concerts :D . Also now I'm missing photos from June 5, 1975 ! :roll:

Sat May 02, 2009 11:18 pm

Francesc wrote: Also now I'm missing photos from June 5, 1975 ! :roll:

Sorry, can't help you with that Francesc but here are two photos from June 7 afternoon show where you also miss photos.
750607-Shreveport-aft-c01-XtopherBrown-bripet56.jpg

750607-Shreveport-aft-c02-XtopherBrown-bripet56.jpg

Both from Christopher Brown's "On Tour With Elvis."

Sincerely
Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 03, 2009 12:29 am

Hey thanks, I asked Christopher permission to add them, so I'll wait.

Sun May 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Thanks a lot Brian. The top one is the one I was talking about and the bottom one is new to me.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:06 am

Could these two be from the Shreveport shows on June 7th?

Source: http://yoursinelvis.com/tidbits.htm

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:20 pm

bripet56 wrote:We got that from Christopher Brown's excellent book "On Tour With Elvis" where he follewed Elvis for most of the tour if not the entire tour.
I just noticed that you have Elvis in the Indian/Chief suit on June 4 but that has got to be wrong.
Since the band is dressed in red those photos must be from one of the following three shows:
June 2, eve, Mobile
June 10, Memphis
July 8, Oklahoma City. Not sure what colour the band wore here.

I've been trying to sort out these dates once again, and finally ended up with pictures from a non-existent show. :o :)
We have this set of pictures:
whichdate.jpg

which we decided now are from Houston June 5th. Thanks everyone!
The information regarding the Houston date in Chris Brown's book is incorrect!
Last edited by Scott Hayward on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:03 pm

On June 5th Elvis wore the Indian feather suit and as far as I can remember the band were in red.