Post here your Elvis' pictures

June 15, 1974 (3:00 pm) Bad quality

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:54 pm

I don't have a photo of this concert, the one I have in my page is incorrect but I never remember to taker it off. :roll:

This is the incorrect photo

(Photo has been Finally removed 8) )

Good friend has sent me 2 photos from a Fort Worth newspaper. does someo have other photos fom this concert or now can match those undated photos ... or better than these ones ...

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Francesc on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: June 15, 1974 (3:00 pm) Bad quality

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Thank you Francesc, the pictures aren't that bad to say they are from a paper, have you seen some of the bad ones from the late 70s in Elvis Monthlies, some of them are really bad.

(Are you taking the one on your site down so we don't get confused)

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:09 pm

About the first photo:

Could it be from the 26th June 1974 'cos if you look at the photo I've attached you cant see the band.

EDIT: Maybe it is from 23rd July as we know he wore the Peacock Suit but have no info on the bands clothes and to me it looks like Ronnie is wearing black if you zoom in on your site.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:17 pm

You haven't attached any photo hehe. I think you can see a bandage in Elvis wrist so that will make the photo from the October 74 tour ... I think it was te Fool who pointed out this error many weeks ago.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:19 pm

Francesc wrote:You haven't attached any photo hehe. I think you can see a bandage in Elvis wrist so that will make the photo from the October 74 tour ... I think it was the Fool who pointed out this error many weeks ago.

Well aren't you silly for not noticing that, I noticed it but didn't tell you :wink:

Here's the photo:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:19 pm

ben wrote:(Are you taking the one on your site down so we don't get confused)

Eventually :lol:

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:20 pm

ben wrote:
Francesc wrote:You haven't attached any photo hehe. I think you can see a bandage in Elvis wrist so that will make the photo from the October 74 tour ... I think it was the Fool who pointed out this error many weeks ago.

Well aren't you silly for not noticing that, I noticed it but didn't tell you :wink:

Here's the photo:

8) just blind

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:22 pm

Francesc wrote:
ben wrote:(Are you taking the one on your site down so we don't get confused)
Eventually :lol:

"It's a matter of time........."

The band wore black in Indianapolis on 5th October ES so it could be there.

Francesc wrote:Well aren't you silly for not noticing that, I noticed it but didn't tell you :wink:
8) just blind[/quote]
Oh, I see........................

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:27 pm

My two cents...well, actually maybe only a cent.
I've had this picture for June 15th...
740615a.jpg

And if you thought those newspaper pics of yours were bad, take a look at this from Star-telegram that I have...
fortworth74a.png

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:My two cents...well, actually maybe only a cent.
I've had this picture for June 15th...
740615a.jpg

And if you thought those newspaper pics of yours were bad, take a look at this from Star-telegram that I have...
fortworth74a.png

Yes photos from newspapers are usually bad quality and more if they a re photocopies from the microfilm .. but they are good to lead to other photos.

Your first photo seems to at least have the 2 rings that Elvis is also wearing in mine. The hair seems similar also. Lets hope we can get more info.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:I've had this picture for June 15th...

Yes, a bigger version of this photo is in Tunzi´s book For The First Time Ever, and it is dated June 15th. There are eight other photos from this show, as well.

Scott Hayward wrote:And if you thought those newspaper pics of yours were bad, take a look at this from Star-telegram that I have...

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:48 pm

The fool wrote:Yes, a bigger version of this photo is in Tunzi´s book For The First Time Ever, and it is dated June 15th. There are eight other photos from this show, as well.
And I didn't even remember I had that book, much less that there were photos from June 15th in it...what have I been saying about my picture memory seems to apply the rest of it also... :)
Luckily I had this other one correctly dated also, then...
740615a2.jpg
Thanks for the better copy of the newspaper pic, too!
Francesc, were your newspaper ones from Fort Worth News, by any chance?
Last edited by Scott Hayward on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:51 pm

These four photos were on eBay a while ago. For one reason or another, I have them in my folder for this show. If I remember correctly, the description on eBay mentioned these are from Ft. Worth, but had no date.

The first two...

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:51 pm

And two more...

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:57 pm

I'm right-clicking right crazy here... :D Thanks so much!
The ones in Tunzi's book were credited to Rick Young and these look like they could be from the same source...it always makes you wonder how many photos might still be lying in various newspaper archives. I know that a Larry Provost from Dallas Morning News also took shots at this same concert.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:18 pm

Francesc wrote:I don't have a photo of this concert, the one I have in my page is incorrect but I never remember to taker it off. :roll:

In "FTD Rockin' Across Texas" is from June 15 1974. Fort Worth. Afternoon Show. Courtesy Of Sherif Hanna. P239

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:25 pm

steevefry wrote:
Francesc wrote:I don't have a photo of this concert, the one I have in my page is incorrect but I never remember to taker it off. :roll:

In "FTD Rockin' Across Texas" is from June 15 1974. Fort Worth. Afternoon Show. Courtesy Of Sherif Hanna. P239

Yes, and it is wrong.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:27 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:
The fool wrote:Yes, a bigger version of this photo is in Tunzi´s book For The First Time Ever, and it is dated June 15th. There are eight other photos from this show, as well.
And I didn't even remember I had that book, much less that there were photos from June 15th in it...what have I been saying about my picture memory seems to apply the rest of it also... :)
Luckily I had this other one correctly dated also, then...
740615a2.jpg
Thanks for the better copy of the newspaper pic, too!
Francesc, were your newspaper ones from Fort Worth News, by any chance?

Thanks The Fool and Scott. I only had the photos, no newspaper review or anything. The person who got them didnt save the review.

Francesc

Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:50 am

Francesc wrote:Thanks The Fool and Scott. I only had the photos, no newspaper review or anything. The person who got them didnt save the review.

Well, I guess you know how I feel about that! :D

Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:04 am

Scott Hayward wrote:
Francesc wrote:Thanks The Fool and Scott. I only had the photos, no newspaper review or anything. The person who got them didnt save the review.

Well, I guess you know how I feel about that! :D

Lol I know .,..

I ask for the article but he didn't save it. But at least he kept the photos since 1974 ...

Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:43 am

Our good friends over the TCB Forum posted these 2 photos.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Francesc, you've probably already noticed that the dating as Oct 10, 1974 in your last posted photo is out of question as Elvis wore a bandaged hand on this date.

I'd say that all the b/w photos posted here are all from Ft Worth. I have the review form the Star Telegram but it doesn't mention anything about which clothes the band wore.

Here's a photo from the afternoon show the following day and if you compare the band-platform to the one Scott posted at Feb 12, 7:48 p.m. you can see that it's the exact same.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:40 pm

Yes Brian I agree my inifial first one was incorrect. Thank you so much for your photo. The platform is exactly the same :D

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:04 pm

you're very welcome francesc.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:50 am

I added now some photos from this date
http://elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c740615.htm

Thanks