Post here your Elvis' pictures

where is this one?

Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:07 am

I know I've seen it, can't remember if I've ever used it but I'm at a loss right now as to the venue
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: where is this one?

Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:57 pm

James, I just checked all my 1956 photos and I don't think I've seen this one before. It's obviously from after his Las Vegas engagement due to the guys wearing jacket and butterfly.

My first thought was May or August but I'm at a loss right now.

The interesting thing about the photo is the chair which holds the amp. It doesn't fit in with ANY of my photos so this might very well be a photo from a show where we have no other photos. Or at least where we don't see the amp.

I'll have to have another in-depth look at all my photos and see which ones I can rule out completely.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:35 pm

bripet56 wrote:James, I just checked all my 1956 photos and I don't think I've seen this one before. It's obviously from after his Las Vegas engagement due to the guys wearing jacket and butterfly.

My first thought was May or August but I'm at a loss right now.

The interesting thing about the photo is the chair which holds the amp. It doesn't fit in with ANY of my photos so this might very well be a photo from a show where we have no other photos. Or at least where we don't see the amp.

I'll have to have another in-depth look at all my photos and see which ones I can rule out completely.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

i hope it ain't Albuquerque :)

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:38 am

Well, if we look closely and long enough we can probably make out the cactus and hayballs to make it fit Albuquerque. :lol: :roll:

Haven't had time to look into the 56 shows today. I just scanned all my 1957 newspaper clippings. Some 306 pages with about 1000 clippings.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:04 am

Florida, Aug 56 maybe?

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:02 am

Scotty Moore, D.J. Fontana, Elvis, Bill Black
Thursday, August 9, 1956
Peabody Auditorium, Daytona Beach, FL

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:33 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Image

Scotty Moore, D.J. Fontana, Elvis, Bill Black
Thursday, August 9, 1956
Peabody Auditorium, Daytona Beach, FL

there's a guess with conviction. It would be nice be it could also be Orlando, another guess