Post here your Elvis' pictures

Memphis 76 - Jackson 76

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:57 pm

I have a dilemma.

First of all, is there someone with photos from Jackson, MS 1976??

I thought I had the following from Jackson, MS but after looking at them I realized that they were from Memphis 76.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Memphis 76 - Jackson 76

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:59 pm

This one I thought it was from also Jackson, MS since Elvis didnt have rings. Even thou the wall onthe background looks like the one from Memphis.

So my questions are

1.) Doyou have pics from Jackson 76 ?
2.) Did Elvis take his ring out during Memphis 76 concert?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:03 pm

Then I have this one but the wall seems further than no ring photo ..so what do you guys think?

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:27 pm

Have no idea.. i have this photo from memphis. but its really blurry right over his fingers. tried to scan it, but it didnt turn out well..

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:33 pm

I just took a look at Tunzi's Highway 51 and there is a point where he has no rings (when he's playing the guitar) but most of the time he has something or other in one of his hands; they're never that bare.

So I would say that your two pics are not from Memphis; he also seems more bloated in yours than in the ones from the Tunzi book.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:13 am

Great shot of Charlie, John Holmes and Santa.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:50 am

Francesc wrote:Then I have this one but the wall seems further than no ring photo ..so what do you guys think?

I think that's the first show that I've ever noticed him wearing no rings with the exception of Cincy and Indy '77.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:13 am

OK midnightx, I'll pay that one!!!

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:21 pm

In my never ending quest to date photos correctly etc., I came across this front page photo from Jackson Clarion-Ledger Sept. 6th 1976...as it's from microfilm, the quality is terrible. However, it does show that Elvis wore the blue bicentennial suit (with white sleeves; the best proof is the belt in the pic), so the pictures Francesc showed earlier are not from Jackson after all...so I guess they ARE from Memphis.
Uh oh... :shock: and now I don't have ANY pictures from Jackson except this one :smt087
jackson76a.jpg

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Scott, you are fantastic. It's amazing how thorough you are with the dating of shows etc. Thank you!!

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Ben wrote:Scott, you are fantastic.

Now all we need is JD to come in and tell me: "You're faaaantastic!" :P

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Thanks Scott, you are really helping a lot with these findings. The positive thing is that now we have more photos from Memphis :oops:

Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:50 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:In my never ending quest to date photos correctly etc., I came across this front page photo from Jackson Clarion-Ledger Sept. 6th 1976...as it's from microfilm, the quality is terrible. However, it does show that Elvis wore the blue bicentennial suit (with white sleeves; the best proof is the belt in the pic), so the pictures Francesc showed earlier are not from Jackson after all...so I guess they ARE from Memphis.
Uh oh... :shock: and now I don't have ANY pictures from Jackson except this one :smt087
jackson76a.jpg

I washed my hands in muddy water. Washed my face, ooh, but they didn't come clean... ;-)

Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:19 pm

I may have found a picture from Jackson, but am not 100% certain.
Here's my reasoning: there's apparently no TCB ring on his right hand -> concert is post August 29th; the band is in white, leaving the choices of Tuscaloosa, Macon, Jackson, & Pine Bluff; in Macon & Pine Bluff the background does not match; and in Tuscaloosa he did not do any "guitar" songs...which leaves only Jackson...but I may be wrong still...what do you think?
76gtr.jpg

Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:11 am

In Macon he had the TCB ring in his left hand. Also how do we know the band wore white?

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:00 am

Francesc wrote:In Macon he had the TCB ring in his left hand. Also how do we know the band wore white?

The Macon background looks different to me, especially when looking at the "guitar session pics" also his hair looks different.
We don't know what the band wore, but it could have been white... :P
It's just that I can't fit this shot anywhere else...but as I said, I am probably wrong about this...

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:34 pm

I really hate that Charlie holding the mic routine.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Something I'd never seen before: Elvis receiving Mississippi Entertainment HOF plaque, apparently in Jackson on Sept 5th 1976...sorry about the bad quality.
misshof.jpg

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:22 pm

midnightx wrote:Image
Great shot of Charlie, John Holmes and Santa.

Thanks for the laugh
Have you been watching naughty videos with `Big' John?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Scott, that's new to me too - thanks. That's a rare `official' photo from the era, even if he doesn't look like Mr Happy

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Scott, you're da man! Thank you, sooooooo much for showing us that award ceremony photo! It's new to my eyes! Cheers :smt023

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Francesc wrote:I have a dilemma.

First of all, is there someone with photos from Jackson, MS 1976??

I thought I had the following from Jackson, MS but after looking at them I realized that they were from Memphis 76.

Brings to mind the comment Elvis directed at the ushers. "What are you, pallbearers?"

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:35 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:Something I'd never seen before: Elvis receiving Mississippi Entertainment HOF plaque, apparently in Jackson on Sept 5th 1976...sorry about the bad quality.
misshof.jpg

Your article is from the Charleston New Courier Sept 10, 1976.

Here he is with Gov. Cliff Finch from the BIloxi Sun.
760907-Biloxi Sun-bripet56.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:48 pm

Thanks Brian for the better quality clipping! :smt023

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:51 pm

From May 5th '75 Photgraphed in the same corner of the dressing room. deja vu pic.
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... y75bs.html