Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Desert Storm
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Live a Little,Love a Little

Post by Desert Storm »

...nice candids from "Live a Little,Love a Little"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Desert Storm

Re: Live a Little,Love a Little

Post by Desert Storm »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Desert Storm

Post by Desert Storm »

Topic author
Desert Storm

Post by Desert Storm »

Topic author
Desert Storm

Post by Desert Storm »

Joe Car
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Joe Car »

Beautiful pics, thanks!

tcb4
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Post by tcb4 »

thanx :!:

mjsantafe
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by mjsantafe »

Here is that same location in 2008. Address: 1545 N. Wilcox, Hollywood California. Formerly the Citizen News building. Probably the same location that they used for the film's fight sequence where you see the newspaper printing press.

california boy

Post by california boy »

Great information, good to know now the address
Great photos
lior

Singer - Songwriter
First album :"INSPIRATION OF THE TRUTH" - July 2011
Including songs such as : "Baby i want you " , "The Sands of time" , "Sad Rain", "When i dream" , "Vanilla candle" and more....
the album available here :
Buy it from : http://cdbaby.com/cd/liorb
"SAD RAIN " - from my 1st album, here on the following link :

2nd Album just released Nov 2012 - "MOMENTS IN TIME" - features a Special Christmas song: "Happy White Christmas"
NEW Album released DEC 2014 - "POT OF GOLD " - LIOR B - to order a copy please contact me, ill ship worldwide !

E-Cat

Post by E-Cat »

mjsantafe wrote:Image
Here is that same location in 2008. Address: 1545 N. Wilcox, Hollywood California. Formerly the Citizen News building. Probably the same location that they used for the film's fight sequence where you see the newspaper printing press.
Great info - thx !

Please do not thank me--- Thank Elvis for making THIS happen.

thefunkyangel
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by thefunkyangel »

california boy wrote:Great information, good to know now the address. Great photos. lior
I second that! I have been after that address for years. Thank you, mjsantafe! Do you have any more then and now shots pertaining to Presley' LA where abouts/ movie scene locations etc .

Chris Black
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by Chris Black »

Didn't I once read that the "lady" in the photo above was actually a man in drag? Anyone else remember that?

mjsantafe

Post by mjsantafe »

thefunkyangel wrote:
california boy wrote:Great information, good to know now the address. Great photos. lior
I second that! I have been after that address for years. Thank you, mjsantafe! Do you have any more then and now shots pertaining to Presley' LA where abouts/ movie scene locations etc .
You are more than welcome. Having grown up in Hollywood and still working in the area, I recognized that location right away. I just took that "now" photo yesterday to share here.

Funky, if you have a particular location that you are looking for, just send me a pm. I am happy to help.

thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

mjsantafe wrote: Funky, if you have a particular location that you are looking for, just send me a pm. I am happy to help.
I most definately will, mjsantafe! Instead of PM'ing you I might reply in here, so that means other people will know which path to take, too! As you know, Presley shot a fair bit on location during the latter part of the 60's, notably 'Easy Come, Easy Go' and 'Live a Little,Love a Little', amongst others. One movie I am most interested in is LALLAL as there were a whole bunch of locations used in filming. If you can help, please feel free to do so! We all love 'then and now' shots around. Like I said, if I were in the States right now, I know what I'd be doing! Cheers!

thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

Chris Black wrote:Didn't I once read that the "lady" in the photo above was actually a man in drag? Anyone else remember that?
You are exactly right, CB!

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

thefunkyangel wrote:
Chris Black wrote:Didn't I once read that the "lady" in the photo above was actually a man in drag? Anyone else remember that?
You are exactly right, CB!
What ?

It's right that he once read it, or it's right that 'she' was a 'he' ?

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

mjsantafe

Post by mjsantafe »

Having grown up in Hollywood and attended Hollywood High School (class of 1976) just a few blocks away, it is not uncommon to see men wearing dresses in that neighborhood. It does appear to be a "real" women in the photo with Elvis. I would be interested in hearing any authentic story to the contrary.

mjsantafe

Post by mjsantafe »

thefunkyangel wrote: One movie I am most interested in is LALLAL as there were a whole bunch of locations used in filming. If you can help, please feel free to do so!
Another location that comes to mind are some of the houses in LALLAL look like they are in the area known as Mount Olympus which was a new real estate development back then. It is off of Laurel Canyon in the Hollywood hills. I will take a look there and watch the film again for more clues.

Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Do you ever visit this Location mjsantafe? http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39880

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

mjsantafe

Post by mjsantafe »

Little Darlin wrote:Do you ever visit this Location mjsantafe? http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39880
Thank you LD, I had not read that post before. I will see if I can make it out there to take some photos in the near future.

Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

mjsantafe wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:Do you ever visit this Location mjsantafe? http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39880
Thank you LD, I had not read that post before. I will see if I can make it out there to take some photos in the near future.
Fantastic news. Thank You :D

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

mjsantafe

Post by mjsantafe »

Hi Gang,
I'm bringing this topic back to the photo section where it belongs...with a few updates:

1400 N. Normandie, Los Angeles, California.

As it looked December 3, 2008:

5100 block of De Longpre Ave., Los Angeles, California

As it looked December 3, 2008:

2200 block of Hercules Drive, Los Angeles, California

More to follow...

Jumpsuit Junkie

Post by Jumpsuit Junkie »

Very nice photo's from a favorite movie of mine.

Thank you. ::rocks

thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

Man, this way too cool! mjsantafe, thank you for the PM! I just must of left the Picture Section moments before you submitted your updates :lol:! Thank you soooo much. I kind of envy you being there! In fact I'm envy of anyone remotely in the vicinity of ANY old Presley haunt! Keep up the good work!

DutchLA
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by DutchLA »

Some more trivia re: LAL:

Parts of LAL were filmed at Malibu - in fact, the opening shots of the movie were shot in Malibu using one of the mountain roads and then a corner where the road crosses PCH.

They also filmed near Santa Monica Pier where the footage of Elvis driving on the beach was taken.

They did some filming on a private road ... the last house on the road was what they used for Bernice's house in the movie. It belonged to two bachelors who rented it out to the production company for a couple of weeks for filming.

Next was Marineland--I'm sure you've seen the shots of Elvis and Susan Henning taken there. The convertible had a camera mounted on the hood and there were wires everywhere--I've got a photo of that somewhere

The Citizen-News building in Hollywood where the fight scene was filmed,,,and yes the "woman" in green was actually a man dressed as a woman. Although you can't see it in the photos, up close it was obvious "she" needed a shave...and her voice was definately male ... Lunches were catered on the set (in the back parking lot on big picnic tables that had been set up...Elvis, Vernon, the crew,a few fans, everyone all sat together for the lunches and snack breaks. It caused quite a buzz!

Oh, and Elvis never really wanted to admit the woman in green was a man, as much as everyone tried to tell him it was! I think he was in denial - pretty funny!!