Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis in Van Nuys

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:47 am

Copyright Sandi Miller

VanNuys.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis in Van Nuys

Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:00 am

Very nnice.

Thanks
gwsells

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:32 pm

Thank you Little Darlin for the picture
great smile on the Clambake set :wink: ....i didnt know this shot was on Van Nuys location...
Sincerely
Lior :smt006

Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:20 pm

Glad you liked it Greg.

Lior , this wasn't on the set -- it was taken at a Gas Station. Hopefully Sandi may tell us more about it. :D :smt006

Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:52 pm

Yes, but surely the gas station is the one used in the movie at the start - ie, he's wearing the suit that he wore for that scene - he's not "off duty", but on location?

Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Here's what Sandi wrote about it on the Insiders.......

Here is Elvis in Van Nuys filming .... this was at a gas station in town, not a movie set . Pam lived right across the street and we'd spent the night at her apt. We look out the window because we heard all this commotion- movie trucks, lights, cameras etc. etc - although we couldn't see Elvis we knew he was there because we spotted some of the boys so you've never seen 4 girls get dressed, make-up on and across the street as fast as we did!!! We weren't prepared so this is the only photo that was taken because there was only one shot left on the camera

Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:41 am

Finding out where Presley filmed the gas station scene in Clambake, is frickin' awesome! My entire adult life I have searched locations they used in filming his films. I would love to see some then and now shots. Hint hint :lol:! Seriously, thank you for letting me/ us know where the scene was filmed! It's funny how much location work in and around LA was actually used in the latter films, when compared to a few mid - 60's shot entirely on soundstage - studio lots! Man, if I was living in the States, I'd know what I'd be doing and that my friends would be a road trip (if it was safe to do so!) with my digital camera!

Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:31 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Finding out where Presley filmed the gas station scene in Clambake, is frickin' awesome! My entire adult life I have searched locations they used in filming his films. I would love to see some then and now shots. Hint hint :lol:! Seriously, thank you for letting me/ us know where the scene was filmed! It's funny how much location work in and around LA was actually used in the latter films, when compared to a few mid - 60's shot entirely on soundstage - studio lots! Man, if I was living in the States, I'd know what I'd be doing and that my friends would be a road trip (if it was safe to do so!) with my digital camera!

Hopefully Sandi will see your post Funky you never know, if we find out the exact address someone may take some now pics for you....providing they live nearby of course.

Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:12 pm

It may of been down Roscoe Blvd, Van Nuys!

Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:27 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:It may of been down Roscoe Blvd, Van Nuys!

Funky -- I've just posted this on the Insiders -- fingers crossed :wink:

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:42 pm

LD, you are a champion! Thank you for doing that! Cheers!

Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:04 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:LD, you are a champion! Thank you for doing that! Cheers!

I'm trying to narrow the address down with google.com As you can see by the on-set candid footage and photo's Winchell's Donuts (spelt Doughnuts, here) once had an outlet there!
http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/showim ... 49551&c=76

Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:18 pm

As soon as I know, I'll post here. Sandi does visit this section often, so...

Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:31 am

thefunkyangel wrote:
thefunkyangel wrote:LD, you are a champion! Thank you for doing that! Cheers!

I'm trying to narrow the address down with google.com As you can see by the on-set candid footage and photo's Winchell's Donuts (spelt Doughnuts, here) once had an outlet there!
http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/showim ... 49551&c=76

Funky -- this is from Sandi

**Pam lived on Sepulveda Avenue at the time and it was right across the street from there but I don't remember the cross street. I looked in an old address book I kept (actually, I kept them all--especially the ones with all of Elvis' phone numbers in them from various homes) I actually coded the darn things so if I lost the book, no one would know whose numbers they were! Anyway, no address for Pam - just a phone number

Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:33 am

unclefester wrote:Hey gang.....the Dog Nut shop ...Winchells..... was located on Sherman Way in Van Nuys......I have a photo of an autograph that Elvis gave a fan...and she wrote on it the information surrounding the circumstances how she got it......... Elvis was at Winchells that day with Shelly Fabulous and Will Hutchins according to the info she wrote. She actually dated it by saying that she got the autograph exactly one week before Elvis got married....that would make it April 24th, 1967 by my count...........hope that tidbit helps............uf

UF to the rescue!!! Thank You :D

Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:55 am

so you're saying its at the intersection of Sepulveda and sherman way?

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Profile/Map.aspx?LID=14167773&LinkCode=10850&MatchedKeywords=

If so, there's a mobil station on one corber, a chevron on another, a CVS on one and a McDonalds on the other
http://maps.live.com/#JndoZXJlMT0xNTMzMytTaGVybWFuK3dheSUyYytWYW4rTnV5cyUyYytDQSs5MTQwNSZiYj01My4wMTQ3ODMyNDU4NTkyJTdlLTQyLjk3ODUxNTYyNSU3ZTMwLjgyNjc4MDkwNDc3OTglN2UtOTkuMjI4NTE1NjI1

Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:40 am

Oh man, this is frickin' awesome! Thank you to you all, thus far!

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:09 am

JamesVRoy wrote:so you're saying its at the intersection of Sepulveda and sherman way?

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Profile/Map.aspx?LID=14167773&LinkCode=10850&MatchedKeywords=

If so, there's a mobil station on one corber, a chevron on another, a CVS on one and a McDonalds on the other
http://maps.live.com/#JndoZXJlMT0xNTMzMytTaGVybWFuK3dheSUyYytWYW4rTnV5cyUyYytDQSs5MTQwNSZiYj01My4wMTQ3ODMyNDU4NTkyJTdlLTQyLjk3ODUxNTYyNSU3ZTMwLjgyNjc4MDkwNDc3OTglN2UtOTkuMjI4NTE1NjI1

Hi Gang,
I finally had a chance to drive by this area today and I think there is a good chance that the gas station location for Clambake is indeed the Chevron station at Sherman Way and Sepulveda. After I have made some new screen captures from the movie, I will go back to take current photos to be sure that we have a match. Stay tuned.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:07 am

Thank you very much, great information !!!! ::rocks
Last edited by Desert Storm on Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:36 am

Filmlocation of "Clambake"

1. Backlot, Universal Studios - 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City / CA
2.Biscayne Bay / Florida
3.Cape Florida Lighthouse - 1200 South Crandon Boulevard, Key Biscayne /FL
4.Everglades National Park / FL ( highway scenes )
5.Florida Keys / FL
6.Lighthouse Point / FL
7.Miami Beach / FL
8.Miami Marine Stadium - 3601 Rickenbacker Causeway, Virginia Key / FL
9.Santa Clarita / CA ( park scenes )

*** ElvisĀ“red sports car in the film is a 1959 "Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Racer" ***

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:56 am

Thank you Desret storm for the information
Now ! thats a car i would love to own... :lol: what a sexy hunk of a car :wink:
Thanks
Lior :smt006