Elvis and Gene Lebell.......

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
E-Cat
Registered for: 21 years

Elvis and Gene Lebell.......

Post by E-Cat »

"Gene is considered one of the greatest martial artists of all time, in addition to being a teacher of champions. He has taught grappling to such greats as Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Benny "the Jet" Urquidez, Gokor Chivichyan, Bob Wall, Ed Parker Hayward Nishioka, and Bill "Superfoot" Wallace just to name a few. Gene says "It wasn't a one-way street. I learned a lot from each of these champions."
http://www.genelebell.com
In 1954, he won the national judo championship, besting Pan American champion Johnny Osako with the aid of an unintentional neck-lock.
Training the stars
: LeBell calls it luck today, but he followed up the next year with another heavyweight championship. Soon his talents would lead him into movie stunt work and a dojo of his own.
That's how he met Norris and Lee, who were relative unknowns when they stepped onto the mat with him. He worked with George Reeves on the old ''Superman'' show, playing Mr. Kryptonite and teaching the star how to fight before his untimely death. He traded moves with Elvis.

Are there more pictures / details of Elvis and Gene Lebell available...?

Please do not thank me--- Thank Elvis for making THIS happen.

Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Re: Elvis and Gene Lebell.......

Post by Little Darlin »

Great photo E-Cat. I have a stack of Bruce Lee Documentaries to watch, if he's mentioned in any of those I'll post it here.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Topic author
E-Cat
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Elvis and Gene Lebell.......

Post by E-Cat »

Little Darlin wrote:Great photo E-Cat. I have a stack of Bruce Lee Documentaries to watch, if he's mentioned in any of those I'll post it here.
I think I have read his name in one of these old 'Black Belt" Yearbooks - but I don't remember his name being connected to Elvis....so any additional info is very much appreciated !

Please do not thank me--- Thank Elvis for making THIS happen.