Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: ELVIS and CHARLIE RICH 1973?????? CANDID

Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:49 am

KingOfTheJungle, thanks for your input.

As for Elvis' nose being closer to his upper lip is because he is looking down, that makes it look that way.

I think Elvis' glasses looked huge a lot, look at these photos, do they look less huge then in the Rich photo?

And as for Elvis always being the sharp dressed man, well look at these, he even went out riding his thricycle wearing his pajamas and bathrobe at times.

I bought this photo around 1977/1978 and believed it to be Elvis with Charlie Rich at the time and I still think so. It looks like Elvis to me.

If someone can prove me wrong, I won't have a problem with that, things are as they are, for now, I think it's Elvis.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:00 am

Also, there are many 'rare' photos that haven't seen the light of day, here's Elvis for example in West Palm Beach on February 13, 1977.

Is it Elvis Scott? ;)

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:03 am

Simon1 wrote:And as for Elvis always being the sharp dressed man, well look at these, he even went out riding his thricycle wearing his pajamas and bathrobe at times.

Yeah, but jogging suits, pajamas, and bathrobe sure don't look homemade, do they?

I'm sure that when you bought this, it was sold to you as Rich and Elvis, because if it wasn't really Elvis, the photo wouldn't be worth anything.

I want to re-emphasize what I said earlier about the body language suggesting that Rich is the important guy in the photo, and it seems strikingly obvious to me that Rich is signing an autograph for the guy. If you've ever watched anyone getting an autograph, this is what it looks like. The celebrity is looking down at what they are writing, and the fan watches him sign it.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:05 am

Simon1 wrote:Also, there are many 'rare' photos that haven't seen the light of day, here's Elvis for example in West Palm Beach on February 13, 1977.

Is it Elvis Scott? ;)

I understand this as I own many rare shots of Elvis, and the photo you just posted is instantly recognizable as Elvis, despite the text on his face. For one :Joe Espositio is over his shoulder, 2, I have seen the hat he is wearing in the Graceland archives, and 3, the body language suggests Elvis is the important guy.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:07 am

With all due respect, maybe Rich is writing down the phone-number of a hot chick that Elvis wanted to date. How could we possibly know what they were doing?

Again, if someone steps forward and tells me it's him in the photo, well, I would accept that, but I can't see anything that suggests it's not Elvis.

Cheers,
Simon

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:14 am

Simon1 wrote:... I can't see anything that suggests it's not Elvis.

A completely unknown dude right behind a late-period Elvis, with no one else apparently nearby? That's a clue.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:16 am

The bodyguards could be just beside the photographer Doc, there are more photos of Elvis from this period that don't include bodyguards standing nearby. That stranger behind Elvis does remind me of an actor by the way.

Cheers,
Simon

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:18 am

Simon1 wrote:With all due respect, maybe Rich is writing down the phone-number of a hot chick that Elvis wanted to date. How could we possibly know what they were doing?

Again, if someone steps forward and tells me it's him in the photo, well, I would accept that, but I can't see anything that suggests it's not Elvis.

Cheers,
Simon[/quote]

OK, I think it's silly to suggest Elvis needed help with numbers, but I get your point. I would argue that I don't see anything that would suggest it IS Elvis.
To drive MY point home:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:25 am

Hey, I only see Elvis in the first photo, what does that prove??

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:27 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Hey, I only see Elvis in the first photo, what does that prove??

:lol:

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:36 am

I have thousands of photos of Elvis, and to me, IT IS Elvis...call me crazy, but I'm 110% sure it's him 8)

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:39 am

paulsweeney wrote:I have thousands of photos of Elvis, and to me, IT IS Elvis...call me crazy, but I'm 110% sure it's him 8)

Crazy. :lol:

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:40 am

paulsweeney wrote:I have thousands of photos of Elvis, and to me, IT IS Elvis...call me crazy, but I'm 110% sure it's him 8)

I agree 110% with you Paul :)

Cheers,
Simon

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:43 am

I'd like to point out one other thing that Doc has been mentioning, and I think bears fleshing out some.

The unknown guy behind "Elvis" in this photo is extremely unusual. While it wouldn't be strange for someone we don't know to have been there or to have been around Elvis, it IS odd that the Memphis mafia would allow an unknown person to be physically closer to Elvis than one of them. Remember, they were Elvis's bodyguards- it was their job to sidle up to him, and put themselves between Elvis and unknown people for basic security reasons.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:10 am

There are no like images that come to mind in the last two years of his life where someone so unknown would be so close without one of the inner circle around, especially at an airport.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:29 pm

Simon1 wrote: Is it Elvis Scott? ;)

Quite probably, yes, but I can't see the face for the obtrusive text.

But the photo with Rich? No way in hell that's Elvis.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:17 pm

Did Charlie Rich have a bodyguard?

Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:22 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:There are no like images that come to mind in the last two years of his life where someone so unknown would be so close without one of the inner circle around, especially at an airport.

How do you know that Elvis' people were not standing right next to him, just out of the picture? and if the guy was with Charlie Rich then that would explain his proximity to both Charlie and Elvis.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:37 pm

memfisking wrote:Charlie and Elvis.

Charlie and a guy who is not Elvis. 8)

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:18 pm

There are no like images that come to mind in the last two years of his life where someone so unknown would be so close without one of the inner circle around, especially at an airport.

Doc, there are many times in the last 18 months of his life he was out and about without the Memphis Mafia - they weren't by his side 24/7.

Car Wreck.jpg

car wreck 2.jpg

Vickers 76.jpg

Now, I'm pretty sure Charlie Rich wasn't percieved as a secruity threat, and so it's perfectly plausible that any people travelling with Elvis were waiting patiently out of shot. How do we know, from the pic, "Elvis" isn't showing Charlie something, maybe his latest police badge for example, hence they're both looking down? There are other explainations, other than Charlie signing at autograph.

I say all this still with an open mind, but I've always found it hard to rule out that it could be Elvis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:22 pm

Also, with regards to Elvis nose not looking right, have a look at this pic - would you say this was Elvis nose, compared to other shots? It almost looks like a comedy false nose! Sometimes, its just the effect of lighting, shadows etc.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:58 pm

KingOfTheJungle wrote:

Crazy. :lol:

I did ask for that... :wink:

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:05 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Also, with regards to Elvis nose not looking right, have a look at this pic - would you say this was Elvis nose, compared to other shots? It almost looks like a comedy false nose! Sometimes, its just the effect of lighting, shadows etc.

Actually it is the effect of photo retouching. It is very common for photos from movie magazines and tabloids of the 70's. Papparazzi weren't always taking photos in the best of lighting conditions, so alot of times they would "enhance their soft focus of slightly blurred photos by having an artist "bring out the features", this often resulted in the kind of thing you see here.

I will also point out that in the earlier three photos you posted that with the exception of the middle one, where everyone is looking at the wreck, that Elvis is the center of attention, as would be expected.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:35 pm

The more I look at this picture, the more I'm thinking it's not Elvis. He seems to be almost too slight in his build to be Elvis.

A question for the apparel experts here. When was the last known time Elvis wore the plain aviator glasses without the EP in the middle? The glasses shown have no EP on them, but look like it was too late in his life for those to be on his face. He graduated up to the EP in the middle with the TCB down the side, and didn't go back to the more plain ones as far as I know. Can anyone confirm, or contradict this point? When was he last known to wear the non EP glasses? That could potentially be the best clue in the picture itself.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:59 am

I will also point out that in the earlier three photos you posted that with the exception of the middle one, where everyone is looking at the wreck, that Elvis is the center of attention, as would be expected.

I posted the pics in response to the Doc's comment that Elvis was never pictured with strangers so close without the MM's being around. The pics I posted prove otherwise.

[quote]The glasses shown have no EP on them, but look like it was too late in his life for those to be on his face. He graduated up to the EP in the middle with the TCB down the side, and didn't go back to the more plain ones as far as I know. Can anyone confirm, or contradict this point? When was he last known to wear the non EP glasses? That could potentially be the best clue in the picture itself.
The more I look at this picture, the more I'm thinking it's not Elvis. He seems to be almost too slight in his build to be Elvis. quote]

He certainly wore non EP glasses in the summer of 76 - there's a great pic in the UNseen Archives book - i'll see if I can post a copy...