Relaxing by the Pool

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Relaxing by the Pool

Post by Little Darlin »

Sorry I have no information on these -- posted by Margaret on the Insiders.
326035597.jpg
326035602.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

bripet56
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Re: Relaxing by the Pool

Post by bripet56 »

Very cool Little Darling.

I knew I had another one but unfortunately it's so small you can hardly see it but I'll post it anyhow.

From Palm Springs??

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

When I was a child I was a dreamer,
I read comic books and I was the hero of the comic book
And I saw movies and I was the hero in the movie
So every dream I´ve ever dreamed has come true a hundred times.

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Nice! It looks about the same time frame Brian as I think I spot the guy in the Orange shirt in your pic too. As soon as anything is posted on these on the Insiders, I'll add it to my post. :wink:

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Liverbobs
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by Liverbobs »

Nice to see old Vern getting suited up for a lounge in the sun! 8)

"How Do You Expect Me To Soar Like An Eagle When I'm Surrounded By Turkeys? " .Anon.

bripet56

Post by bripet56 »

Come to think about it I don't believe it's Palm Springs. Maybe Rocca Place?? Any good shots from pool-side from Rocca Place??

By the way, this one was a reversed shot and should look like this instead.

Sincerely
Brian

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Here we go, posted on the Insiders since my last visit!

They were taken at the Ladera Circle house in Palm Springs.

The guy in the Orange shirt is GG.

The fool
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by The fool »

Little Darlin wrote:
They were taken at the Ladera Circle house in Palm Springs..
And here is the same place, August 2007.

bripet56

Post by bripet56 »

Cool Little Darling.

So my first instinct was right about Palm Springs. Don't they say you should always trust your first instinct :lol:

From what I know Elvis first rented the 1350 Ladera Circle home on September 21, 1966 for one year for $21.000. This is one of the cool looking home and is where Elvis spent his wedding-night.

Sincerely
Brian

bripet56

Post by bripet56 »

The Fool, that is such a beautiful photo. You got any more of those please share. I just love photos from Elvis' different homes, especially from the back where we seldom know what it looked like.

Sincerely
Brian

The fool

Post by The fool »

bripet56 wrote:The Fool, that is such a beautiful photo. You got any more of those please share.
Ok, I will post some more a little later. It really is a beautiful house.

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

Great pics, guys. Love that stuff. Who the heck lounges by the pool in dress clothes and dress shoes?!

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

KHoots wrote:Great pics, guys. Love that stuff. Who the heck lounges by the pool in dress clothes and dress shoes?!
I've read that Elvis couldn't stand the heat in the House so he had Air Conditioning installed. It was always set to the temperature like a meat locker......maybe it was too cold inside for Vernon and that's why he wore all them clothes lol.

DutchLA
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by DutchLA »

You're right- it's the Ladera House in Palm Springs; notice the record player outside the kitchen window! Elvis always had some kind of music blaring away. Sometimes he'd set a fan outside to blow on him while he "sunbathed" This was my favorite Palm Springs home even though he wasn't in it that long. Leonard Lewis now owns it and you can tour thru it (for a fee I believe) -- and he's done a pretty good job of making it look like it did back when Elvis lived there. I have some photos I took of the inside back in the 60's but I don't have a working scanner right now- it's next on my list of things that I need to replace...always something! Also, this is the house that Elvis had a little secret Path he would use to leave the house - if he needed to but to my knowledge he never needed to because fans did not hang out at any of his Palm Springs homes, unlike the LA homes.

bripet56

Post by bripet56 »

Thanks for sharing your memories of times gone by. It's always a thrill to read the stories from those of you who were actually a part of the Elvis-scene back then.

Didn't he use the secret path to avoid Rona Barrett (I think it was) when he was leaving for Las Vegas to get married?? I think I have read that somewhere.

Sincerely
Brian

DutchLA
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by DutchLA »

bripet56 wrote:Thanks for sharing your memories of times gone by. It's always a thrill to read the stories from those of you who were actually a part of the Elvis-scene back then.

Didn't he use the secret path to avoid Rona Barrett (I think it was) when he was leaving for Las Vegas to get married?? I think I have read that somewhere.

Sincerely
Brian
**It would not surprise me if he used it at that time I know Rona used to send her reporters to spy on Elvis by having them pretend they were fans. They'd try to pick your brains but since the group was small at both the Perugia and the Rocca homes, any newcomers, especially if they were males and asking too many questions, always raised a big ole red flag!

When the rumors were swirling around (thank you Rona) Questioning Elvis' sexuality because he wasn't married yet and a bunch of men lived at his house, Elvis had fun with it...he and Charlie staged a "hug-fest_ in the front doorway, just for her reporters' benefit. By the time they got their cameras focused, the door was slammed shut - it was hilarious!

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

A couple more from the Ladera House

325701582.jpg

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Interior shots of the ''Honeymoon House'' -- you can book it if you want to Honeymoon where Elvis and Priscilla did.

All photos courtesy of Honeymoon House.Com
bedroom.jpg
diner.jpg

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

stairs.jpg
Bathroom.jpg
monkey.jpg

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Exterior
door.jpg
garden.jpg
steps.jpg

bripet56

Post by bripet56 »

Little Darling, those two outside photos you posted where Elvis is seen in both pictures are NOT from Ladera Circle.
I don't have the correct adresses for those two homes in my head but unless someone else beats me to it I'll post the adresses in a couple hours when I get back from work.

Ohh, and thanks for posting all the interior photos from the "Honeymoon House"

Sincerely
Brian

The fool

Post by The fool »

Here are some more photos of the Honeymoon House. Most were taken by me, some by my friends.

The front view.
Image Image Image

Stepping in, the entrance hall.
Image Image

And turning left, the living room / dining room area.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

More to come...

bripet56

Post by bripet56 »

OK, back from work and a short stop by the PC before I gotta go out and enjoy the beautiful weather.

The first of the two outside photos posted above by Little Darling is from his Rocca Place home and the one with both Elvis and Vernon in the photo is from his Perugia Way home.

Sincerely
Brian

bripet56

Post by bripet56 »

Beautiful shots, The Fool, you got any more from the backside of the house??

Sincerely
Brian

The fool

Post by The fool »

bripet56 wrote:Beautiful shots, The Fool, you got any more from the backside of the house??
Yes, I will post those shortly.

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

bripet56 wrote:OK, back from work and a short stop by the PC before I gotta go out and enjoy the beautiful weather.

The first of the two outside photos posted above by Little Darling is from his Rocca Place home and the one with both Elvis and Vernon in the photo is from his Perugia Way home.

Sincerely
Brian

Thanks again Brian -- they were posted in the same thread as the others on the Insiders, so I assumed they were the same. It's a good job you're here Brian keeping us right :wink: