Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
JamesVRoy
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Re: The Same time (almost) but different angle thread

Post by JamesVRoy »

bripet56 wrote:Now now, you boys behave and don't get into a fight :lol: :lol:

To solve the question I have to share the entire copy of the one I bought many years ago now.

The photos are clearly about 1 second apart. Sorry Doc 8)

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
now if someone could just share a couple of complete maybe different perspectives of those Sportatorium shots :D

Cool pic Brian.

The Purple Gang
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by The Purple Gang »

Good detective work by super sleuths bripet56 and JamesVRoy on those Tucson photos.

Case closed. Well done fellas! :)

No sig.

PiersEIN
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by PiersEIN »

Now now, you boys behave and don't get into a fight

To solve the question I have to share the entire copy of the one I bought many years ago now.

The photos are clearly about 1 second apart. Sorry Doc

Sincerely
Brian
You are a font of knowledge Brian.
Nice work.

Cheers
Piers

elvis presley scrapbook
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by elvis presley scrapbook »

Being a photographer myself I'm also of the opinion that these images are very close and were taken mere seconds apart but from a different angle.
Elvis has his tongue out in both images...very close in timing on those shots indeed.

03/08/21: Account deactivated at the request of the member.

Topic author
JamesVRoy

Post by JamesVRoy »

PiersEIN wrote:
Now now, you boys behave and don't get into a fight

The photos are clearly about 1 second apart. Sorry Doc

Sincerely
Brian
You are a font of knowledge Brian.
Nice work.

Cheers
Piers

That he is Piers! (but this one's mine :P )

KingOfTheJungle
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by KingOfTheJungle »

Good work on those two, guys. I have never seen that pairing before. That is a good example of how depth in photos can be deceiving.

King Of The Jungle

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

bripet56 wrote:To solve the question I have to share the entire copy of the one I bought many years ago now.
Thanks, Brian -- your image confirms what James said. Good work, James.

Throw all three together, and this is a rare, same time "trifecta"!
bripet56 wrote:The photos are clearly about 1 second apart.
Brian, they could be as much as 5 seconds apart.

But, tell us, is this before or after the performance?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
JamesVRoy

Post by JamesVRoy »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Throw all three together, and this is a rare, same time "trifecta"!
There's actually only two. The first one is a cropped version of the complete photo Brian has.

better make it a same time "perfecta"!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bripet56
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by bripet56 »

Doc wrote:
Sure thing Doc, I just wanted to point out that the photos were not taken before AND after the show.
There is no writing on the back of my photo so I can't tell for sure but by his neat hair I'd say the photos were taken right after intermission when Elvis entered the green Cadillac that whisked him around to the stage.

On Sunday morning (June 10) Elvis went to the airport (in Phoenix, Az.)and boarded a plane for Tucson, Az., where he was to appear at the Rodeo Grounds. At about 9 p.m. Elvis was smuggled into a tiny hot little shed under the bleachers, where he chatted with Betty Milburn and Shirley Phillips (from the local newspapers) and some cousins, Marie Quinn and Bob Keithley, who happened to live in Tucson. He was accompanied by a curvacious blonde, who was described as "just a friend, a chorine, from the Milton Berle Show." The blonde had also accompanied Elvis at his show in Long Beach. Elvis mentioned that he had been offered the role as Billy the Kid, but he didn't want any westerns. Nor did he want to sing...just something dramatic. After intermission Elvis was whisked around to the stage in a green Cadillac. In the audience that night, was a young man by the name Delbert "Sonny" West, who was the younger cousin of Red West, and would come to work for Elvis later on. Sonny had just left the U.S. Air Force and now he looked at his date and all the spectacle before him with amazement. The crowd stomped its feet and shrieked and squealed through "Blue Suede Shoes," "Heartbreak Hotel" and other Presley hits. As a finale Elvis, wearing a brown shantung suit, brown and white sports shirt, blue socks and a gone expression, jumped from the stage, ran through the gamut of burlesquetype wiggling, got down on his knees and literally crawled to the waiting car, while the kids surged forward, the policemen swore under their breath and tried to hold them back, and the rest looked at the entire spectacle with complete amazement
Sincerely
Brian

When I was a child I was a dreamer,
I read comic books and I was the hero of the comic book
And I saw movies and I was the hero in the movie
So every dream I´ve ever dreamed has come true a hundred times.

Topic author
JamesVRoy

Post by JamesVRoy »

bripet56 wrote:Doc wrote:
Sure thing Doc, I just wanted to point out that the photos were not taken before AND after the show.
There is no writing on the back of my photo so I can't tell for sure but by his neat hair I'd say the photos were taken right after intermission when Elvis entered the green Cadillac that whisked him around to the stage.

On Sunday morning (June 10) Elvis went to the airport (in Phoenix, Az.)and boarded a plane for Tucson, Az., where he was to appear at the Rodeo Grounds. At about 9 p.m. Elvis was smuggled into a tiny hot little shed under the bleachers, where he chatted with Betty Milburn and Shirley Phillips (from the local newspapers) and some cousins, Marie Quinn and Bob Keithley, who happened to live in Tucson. He was accompanied by a curvacious blonde, who was described as "just a friend, a chorine, from the Milton Berle Show." The blonde had also accompanied Elvis at his show in Long Beach. Elvis mentioned that he had been offered the role as Billy the Kid, but he didn't want any westerns. Nor did he want to sing...just something dramatic. After intermission Elvis was whisked around to the stage in a green Cadillac. In the audience that night, was a young man by the name Delbert "Sonny" West, who was the younger cousin of Red West, and would come to work for Elvis later on. Sonny had just left the U.S. Air Force and now he looked at his date and all the spectacle before him with amazement. The crowd stomped its feet and shrieked and squealed through "Blue Suede Shoes," "Heartbreak Hotel" and other Presley hits. As a finale Elvis, wearing a brown shantung suit, brown and white sports shirt, blue socks and a gone expression, jumped from the stage, ran through the gamut of burlesquetype wiggling, got down on his knees and literally crawled to the waiting car, while the kids surged forward, the policemen swore under their breath and tried to hold them back, and the rest looked at the entire spectacle with complete amazement
Sincerely
Brian
Cool story Brian. Thanks for that. I think 5 seconds in that crowd is a stretch. I still doubt it was much more than a second. Scarce little has differed in anyone's position between the two shots, even more visible since we also see the crowd now in both shots. In 5 seconds he'd have been out the door and in the car.

Topic author
JamesVRoy

Post by JamesVRoy »

another entry, from Blue Hawaii
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.