Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: February 1961 Charity Shows -> Mysterious!

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:47 pm

Did someone try to track down a guy named Giorgio Serra, the guy who supposedly did have a tape?

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:56 pm

Greg1995 wrote:Did someone try to track down a guy named Giorgio Serra, the guy who supposedly did have a tape?

Was someone supposed to? If a tape of either show was in his possession, it has not appeared anywhere, ever.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:06 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:Did someone try to track down a guy named Giorgio Serra, the guy who supposedly did have a tape?

Was someone supposed to? If a tape of either show was in his possession, it has not appeared anywhere, ever.

If you don't look, you don't find. It was some hint at least to search
for some hardcore Elvis archealogists/bootleggers than dreaming of the tape appearing someday out of nowhere. ;)

Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:07 am

Greg1995 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

for some hardcore Elvis archealogists/bootleggers than dreaming of the tape appearing someday out of nowhere. ;)

Cool, please let us know if you are able to track down Giorgio Serra. Here's one clue: investigate the Kiss The Stone (KTS) import label. ;-)

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:30 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Cool, please let us know if you are able to track down Giorgio Serra. Here's one clue: investigate the Kiss The Stone (KTS) import label. ;-)

Maybe this is a good start: http://www.discogs.com/label/39838-Kiss-The-Stone
http://www.discogs.com/artist/2694182-Giorgio-Serra

Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Ok guys, here you go :smt002 : http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs= ... +serra&dv=
3 pages of Giorgio Sierras in Italy. :D

Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:07 am

Greg1995 wrote:Ok guys, here you go :smt002 : http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs= ... +serra&dv=
3 pages of Giorgio Sierras in Italy. :D

Cool, let us know what you find out.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:14 pm

The opening post has been updated with some interesting information!

Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:18 am

Wow....so much info to digest.Thanks for sharing .

Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:48 am

Thanks for the update DJC. You and other fans might be interested to know that after davide's FTD book on these shows came out I caught up with Larry Muhoberac's wife who lives nearby. I provided some high res images courtesy of davide of Larry backstage (exactly as seen in the FTD book) in the hope of sparking some new memories and even, just may be, discovering a recording of the shows. Unfortunately Larry had nothing new to share although he did recall performing in the support band and was thrilled to see the photos. He's not very well, suffering from dementia and is unable to speak, although he communicates in writing and it's clear his thoughts are well in tact.
Thanks for updating, it's a buzz to read and it only adds to the demand to hear those shows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:56 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:Thanks for the update DJC. You and other fans might be interested to know that after davide's FTD book on these shows came out I caught up with Larry Muhoberac's wife who lives nearby. I provided some high res images courtesy of davide of Larry backstage (exactly as seen in the FTD book) in the hope of sparking some new memories and even, just may be, discovering a recording of the shows. Unfortunately Larry had nothing new to share although he did recall performing in the support band and was thrilled to see the photos. He's not very well, suffering from dementia and is unable to speak, although he communicates in writing and it's clear his thoughts are well in tact.
Thanks for updating, it's a buzz to read and it only adds to the demand to hear those shows!

Thanks for the update.

Oh, it's so very sad to hear of Larry Muhoberac's current condition. Did you only meet with his wife, or both of them? Or was your interaction just by email?

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:20 am

I spoke with his wife DJC. She's lovely and she ran back & forth between me and Larry to relay answers and other comments.
It's a sensitive situation which I didn't bother pressing to meet Larry, but I don't doubt that wouldn't happen real quick had I kept up my contact. I can't imagine Larry would some Elvis fan gawking at him in that predicament: I know you get what I mean.