Rare TTWII photos

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Ben

Re: Rare TTWII photos

Post by Ben »

DarrylMac wrote:Sorry Ben and J (hey, Ice cream anyone!!!),ha i wanted ice cream earlier but non in :cry: :lol: :lol:

That belt is definitely dark red. Ben, in the pic you've posted from behind Elvis, with the spotlight being in front of him, anything behind him would be in shadow, and therefore look dark, but even in that pic you've posted, it looks dark red.

It was indeed a snake skin type material - made out of the same material as the collar / decoration on the red ladder suit.

I'll post a couple of pics in a bit...
after reading everyone say it IS Red i am starting to doubt myself that it isn't Black. it probably is the Red snake skin belt from th Red Ladder Suit but to me it has always looked Black
DarrylMac wrote:
Red Ladder Belt.jpg
is that picture from the 13th August Midnight Show Darryl??

DarrylMac
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by DarrylMac »

Yes, Ben, I believe it is. Millie Kirkham can be seen in the background, so it must have been during the filming, and not later in the season, as that's when Kathy joined, I believe.

Ben

Post by Ben »

DarrylMac wrote:
Yes, Ben, I believe it is. Millie Kirkham can be seen in the background, so it must have been during the filming, and not later in the season, as that's when Kathy joined, I believe.
thanks, Millie left on 16th August and Kathy's first show was the Dinner Show on 17th August.

Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

The fool wrote:
DarrylMac wrote: It was indeed a snakeskin type material - made out of the same material as the collar / decoration on the red ladder suit.
Here´s a close-up photo of that snakeskin.

I noticed a slight deterioration in the snake skin on the photo, hardly surprising really considering some of them are almost 40 years old. God willing they will be here another 40.

Great detective work again you lot.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

FrankieRider2

Post by FrankieRider2 »

ben wrote:Image
- Brown macramé belt (worn 10th, 11th & 12th September)

- Red macramé belt (worn 15th November)
Ben, my aunt was at the 09/10/70 St. Louis show and she says the belt in your last photo posted of Elvis putting on the guitar was the one he had one that night.... she remarked just last evening on the red scarf and red belt he wore that night matching.

Frankie Rider, II
Arkansas
USA

J

Post by J »

-
Last edited by J on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarrylMac

Post by DarrylMac »

The belt he wore (during the August 14th midnight show) was made of leather, like the "Red Ladder Belt", but it was designed to match the chain holders if the suit... it was the same color.
J, if the belt was designed to be the same colour as the chain holders of the suit, then it still wouldn't be black, as the chain holders are brown!

I've posted pics from the 13th, and 14th, of Elvis wearing the identical belt for both shows, complete with fringe effect. It's the same belt, which isn't black.

J

Post by J »

-
Last edited by J on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
The fool
Registered for: 21 years

Post by The fool »

FrankieRider2 wrote: Ben, my aunt was at the 09/10/70 St. Louis show and she says the belt in your last photo posted of Elvis putting on the guitar was the one he had one that night.... she remarked just last evening on the red scarf and red belt he wore that night matching.
I´m sure Brian will find this information very interesting and helpful. His great Tours of the 1970s site has a photo of Elvis wearing another belt for this show. Does your aunt have any photos from this show, Frankie?

DarrylMac

Post by DarrylMac »

Yeah, ok... when someone comes up with color pictures from the show (August 14th midnight show), where we can see that the belt in question is actually, well, red... then I'll be happy to admit that I was wrong. But until that happens, I still stick to my point that the belt was actually designed to match the chain holders... which weren't red...
Well, you say you're happy to admit you're wring, but have changed your wording a little. Are you now conceding that the chain holders are brown, and you're now saying the belt may indeed not be black, but was designed to match the chain holders, ie dark brown?

DarrylMac

Post by DarrylMac »

Here are 2 pics taken on tour, one in colour, one in b/w. Note how the same belt looks darker in the b/w shot.
red ladder belt bw.jpg
RedLadder belt colour.jpg
I'll see what I can do regarding a colour pic from Aug 14th - I'm not sure I've ever seen one, but don't need to in order to know it's the same belt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FrankieRider2

Post by FrankieRider2 »

The fool wrote:
FrankieRider2 wrote: Ben, my aunt was at the 09/10/70 St. Louis show and she says the belt in your last photo posted of Elvis putting on the guitar was the one he had one that night.... she remarked just last evening on the red scarf and red belt he wore that night matching.
I´m sure Brian will find this information very interesting and helpful. His great Tours of the 1970s site has a photo of Elvis wearing another belt for this show. Does your aunt have any photos from this show, Frankie?
No, unfortunately she doesn't. Bummer, I know.... :D She has no photos that I've ever seen from any of the concerts that she attended.... which, except for St. Louis and Las Vegas were pretty much the same ones that I attended.

What I've based my previous reply on is 1) her memory, and 2) a book of Ed Bonja photos that have this image plus six others (including one in color) all labeled as "September 10, 1970 - St. Louis, Missouri".

Last edited by FrankieRider2 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frankie Rider, II
Arkansas
USA

J

Post by J »

-
Last edited by J on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

J wrote:
DarrylMac wrote:Well, you say you're happy to admit you're wring, but have changed your wording a little. Are you now conceding that the chain holders are brown, and you're now saying the belt may indeed not be black, but was designed to match the chain holders, ie dark brown?
Maybe it was a slip from my part that I wrote on one of my previous posts it being only 'black'... I'm very much aware that the chain holders aren't pitch black although they look like it on some pictures. If you look on the very first post I posted on this thread, where I put some pictures to prove my point, you'll see that I actually wrote in there already that the belt in question is black/dark brown, which was a reference to what I've been trying to say here... the belt was designed to match the color of the chain holders.
Well, dark brown can look black in photos, guys..........................

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

FrankieRider2 wrote:
The fool wrote:
No, unfortunately she doesn't. Bummer, I know.... :D She has no photos that I've ever seen from any of the concerts that she attended.... which, except for St. Louis and Las Vegas were pretty much the same ones that I attended.

What I've based my previous reply on is 1) her memory, and 2) a book of Ed Bonja photos that have this image plus six others (including one in color) all labeled as "September 10, 1970 - St. Louis, Missouri".

Incredible photo, thanks!

FrankieRider2

Post by FrankieRider2 »

You want me to post the others? :)

Frankie Rider, II
Arkansas
USA

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

FrankieRider2 wrote:You want me to post the others? :)
That would be great!

FrankieRider2

Post by FrankieRider2 »

OK, then.... here are 3 more Ed Bonja images all labeled "September 10, 1970 - St. Louis, Missouri":

I'll post some more later on tonight....

Frankie Rider, II
Arkansas
USA

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

FrankieRider2 wrote:OK, then.... here are 3 more Ed Bonja images all labeled "September 10, 1970 - St. Louis, Missouri":

I'll post some more later on tonight....
Incredible, talk about a man at his physical peak! Keep em coming Frankie!

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

Nice photos, aren't they from San Diego Nov, 1970?

DarrylMac

Post by DarrylMac »

Fransesc

Yes, they are. You can tell by the type of mic Elvis is using. For most of the other shows in Nov, and all the shows in Sept, he used a mic like the one below...
Sep 70 Mic.jpg
Also, his hair is much longer in Nov, and these pics above show his hair at that length. Great pics, but definitely Nov 15th 70.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

J

Post by J »

-
Last edited by J on Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben

Post by Ben »

FrankieRider2 wrote:
ben wrote:Image
- Brown macramé belt (worn 10th, 11th & 12th September)

- Red macramé belt (worn 15th November)
Ben, my aunt was at the 09/10/70 St. Louis show and she says the belt in your last photo posted of Elvis putting on the guitar was the one he had one that night.... she remarked just last evening on the red scarf and red belt he wore that night matching.
Hi, Frankie, your memories are great to hear/read, i love reading about the shows people attended and the pictures they took(and also about the shows they recorded). would you be able to tell us the shows you attended please?? and which was your favorite??

also, did you take pictures at the shows you attended(i know your aunt didn't :sad: )??

thank you for your memories

FrankieRider2

Post by FrankieRider2 »

J wrote:Frankie... as great as the pictures you posted are, Francesc is right on this one... Bonja has dated them wrong. Look at Elvis' hair for example... it's much longer than on the September tour. Another 'give-away' is the wrist watch he's wearing... he only used it during the November tour.

EDIT: Darryl was just a tad faster. :wink:
Hey, you guys and gals are the photo experts here.... I was just going by the book info. Guess I should quit posting.... :lol:

Frankie Rider, II
Arkansas
USA

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

Dont worry Frankie. It is really Bonja fault, he should know. :)