Lake Tahoe '73

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Ben

Lake Tahoe '73

Post by Ben »

hi, does anyone know the exact dates of these pictures please?? i know they are from Tahoe May '73 but i don't know the exact dates. i think Elvis looks great in these pics and its the only pictures i have seen from this engagement :cry: does anyone have anymore pictures from this season please?? thank you very much
Ben

Mike Eder

Re: Lake Tahoe '73

Post by Mike Eder »

I wish there were more Tahoe 71 and 73 pics too.

Mike Eder

Topic author
Ben

Post by Ben »

Mike Eder wrote:I wish there were more Tahoe 71 and 73 pics too.
me too, there is only about 20 shows that have pictures from them from every engagement Elvis did in Tahoe, i wish there was more from 71(i only have seen 3 on stage) and '76(i have pictures from 5 shows) :(

Robert

Post by Robert »

Great!
Pictures are reversed however... JB is on the wrong side of Ronnie's drumkit;)

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

Robert wrote:Great!
Pictures are reversed however... JB is on the wrong side of Ronnie's drumkit;)

And...Ronnie's kit is set up for a left-handed drummer....Ronnie's not left-handed.

GREAT PICS!!!

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

Topic author
Ben

Post by Ben »

thanks for pointing that out, i didn't notice that

thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

Topic author
Brad M

Post by Brad M »

For some reason finding recordings and photo's from the Tahoe season are few and far between.

Topic author
Ben

Post by Ben »

Brad M wrote:For some reason finding recordings and photo's from the Tahoe season are few and far between.
yes, any season by Elvis in Tahoe are really rare, especially '71, the only season that has all the recordings is '76 which is common for '76 'co there is only 14 shows from the whole year that we don't have any audio from, but '71, '73 and both '74(both great seasons from what i have heard IMO) engagements are pretty rare :cry: shame as i think he is better in Tahoe(a new setting and different atmosphere) than Vegas

Topic author
Brad M

Post by Brad M »

ben wrote:
Brad M wrote:For some reason finding recordings and photo's from the Tahoe season are few and far between.
yes, any season by Elvis in Tahoe are really rare, especially '71, the only season that has all the recordings is '76 which is common for '76 'co there is only 14 shows from the whole year that we don't have any audio from, but '71, '73 and both '74(both great seasons from what i have heard IMO) engagements are pretty rare :cry: shame as i think he is better in Tahoe(a new setting and different atmosphere) than Vegas
He wasn't in the best shape for the May '73 Tahoe Season....

Topic author
Ben

Post by Ben »

Brad M wrote:
ben wrote:
for me, no, he wasn't, he sounded bored out of his mind on some of the recordings and IMO he wanted another challenge(yes a world tour bla bla :lol: ) and he was sick of the same places all the time IMO. i have a few recordings from this season and he sounds OK but is a lot better in '71, '74(both seasons) and '76

Topic author
Brad M

Post by Brad M »

ben wrote:
Brad M wrote:
ben wrote:
for me, no, he wasn't, he sounded bored out of his mind on some of the recordings and IMO he wanted another challenge(yes a world tour bla bla :lol: ) and he was sick of the same places all the time IMO. i have a few recordings from this season and he sounds OK but is a lot better in '71, '74(both seasons) and '76
The '74 engagement is strong. Just listen to the import "Spanish Eyes". Love that show. And the shows were varied in quality from 1976. I happen to love that engagement. Especially the show from Mother's Day of '76!!

Topic author
Ben

Post by Ben »

Brad M wrote:
ben wrote:
Brad M wrote:
ben wrote:
The '74 engagement is strong. Just listen to the import "Spanish Eyes". Love that show. And the shows were varied in quality from 1976. I happen to love that engagement. Especially the show from Mother's Day of '76!!
i also love the '76 engagement, he sings some great rare songs and performs most songs very well. he is very overweight during the season but that doesn't matter he is in great voice, i love the Closing Show(i don't know if its the Mothers Day Show) that goes on for 2 hours, i would like a good recording of the 6th May Show 'cos its the show where he invites an impersonator to stage to sing Hound Dog and the recording i have is very bad and you cant really tell if its Elvis or not.

here is the songs performed for the final time during the '76 season:
Performed for the final time:
Crying In the Chapel
Loving you
(Both songs above are from 6th May Dinner Show)
It’s Midnight (7th May Dinner Show)
I’ll remember you (7th May Midnight Show)
Young and Beautiful
Wooden Heart
The Mickey Mouse Club March
(All 3 songs above are from the Closing Show)

Topic author
Brad M

Post by Brad M »

Their were some rare songs performed during the engagment for that time.

My favorite being It's Midnight from the May 7th Dinner Show.

Barbie

Post by Barbie »

It was very hard to take pictures in Tahoe, more so than in Vegas - they were really watching you all the time.......I wish I could have taken a LOT of pictures.............I was there for that special show on Aug.1st 71 when Elvis wore a power blue vest, powder blue pants, a puffy white shirt and his beautiful gold belt.............he looked SO GOOD!!!!! I can see him like it was yesterday BUT no pictures........we were up front off to the right side of the stage....hey at least I recorded it.................that was one of his greatest shows too!!!! Fantastic memories!!!!

Also the one with the impersonator was May 5th 76 - 10:00 p.m. show.............I know I was there...........I have a picture of Elvis but it's not great but I'll post it later ----- that too was a fantastic show-one of the last ones I saw unfortunately...........ah the good old days............I wish I had a time machine............

Topic author
Francesc

Post by Francesc »

THanks Barbie, I hope you can post the photo.

Topic author
Ben

Post by Ben »

Barbie wrote:It was very hard to take pictures in Tahoe, more so than in Vegas - they were really watching you all the time.......I wish I could have taken a LOT of pictures.............I was there for that special show on Aug.1st 71 when Elvis wore a power blue vest, powder blue pants, a puffy white shirt and his beautiful gold belt.............he looked SO GOOD!!!!! I can see him like it was yesterday BUT no pictures........we were up front off to the right side of the stage....hey at least I recorded it.................that was one of his greatest shows too!!!! Fantastic memories!!!!

Also the one with the impersonator was May 5th 76 - 10:00 p.m. show.............I know I was there...........I have a picture of Elvis but it's not great but I'll post it later ----- that too was a fantastic show-one of the last ones I saw unfortunately...........ah the good old days............I wish I had a time machine............
WOW Barb PLEASEEEEEEEE post that picture, i would love to see pictures from ANY Show especially Tahoe pics.

about the '71 show:
i always thought this picture was from 1st August Midnight show and that you took the picture??

please post the picture, thank you very much

Mike Eder

Post by Mike Eder »

I think a good Tahoe '71 recording would be one of the most interesting items that has yet to come out. That is if one exists.

Mike Eder