Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis's red 58 Lincoln convertible pics.

Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:53 pm

Hi all, I have a red 58 Lincoln Continental Convertible exactly same as Elvis's & I am trying to find alternative pictures of him in his other than the VERY few available of him leaving Graceland in the car in his army suit in 58. Anyone know of any others? If so do you fancy sharing??
Many thanks, Steve

Re: Elvis's red 58 Lincoln convertible pics.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:03 am

mrbthebarber wrote:Hi all, I have a red 58 Lincoln Continental Convertible exactly same as Elvis's & I am trying to find alternative pictures of him in his other than the VERY few available of him leaving Graceland in the car in his army suit in 58. Anyone know of any others? If so do you fancy sharing??
Many thanks, Steve

IIRC- There are a few from Killeen TX (one with RW and another with Buddy Knox) - June / July '58 - will upload these if I find them.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:17 am

That would be FANTASTIC E-CAT, MANY, MANY thanks, I'd love to see them.
Steve

Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:01 am

mrbthebarber wrote:That would be FANTASTIC E-CAT, MANY, MANY thanks, I'd love to see them.
Steve

Steve,my apologees: the picture with Buddy Knox is not with the convertible - but will look for the other Killeen picture as promissed.

Meanwhile ... below is a another nice candid of Elvis in his red convertible ...(ca June '58)

Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:23 am

Many thanks ECAT, hadn't seen that one. It's hard to get much info & pics about his ownership of this great car ( I believe he also had a white 60 Continental on his return to Memphis in 60 but only a few pics of him in it with pork pie hat on ) & my car is exactly the same colour by total coincidence as I'd never seen a pic of E in his til I saw that shot of him outside Graceland in Arny uniform at tail end of his 58 Continental. If anyone finds anymore I'd be most grateful.
All the best, Steve

Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:48 am

E-Cat, that is one awesome candid! I thank you :lol:!

Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:53 am

Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:56 am

Well, Steve, here's some pictures, i hope you'll find what you need :)
Image Image

Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:05 pm

Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:23 pm

WOW guys!!!! THANK YOU so much, they're all great, especially the full body/full car shot in Black & White outside Graceland, if only it were colour. Most all were new to me except of course "A Date With Elvis" tho very nice to see Japanese issue. PLEASE keep em coming & if I can't copy them from here ( will try in a minute I wonder if I could trouble you guys to send them to my email?
Thanks again,
Steve.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:04 am

You are most welcome, mrbthebarber :lol:!

Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:50 am

Very welcome, always glad to help :P If you have troubles, just send me the e-mail and i'll send you all the pictures i have from Elvis' two week pass to Graceland.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:26 am

hilton22000 wrote:Very welcome, always glad to help :P If you have troubles, just send me the e-mail and i'll send you all the pictures i have from Elvis' two week pass to Graceland.

Don't forget to include the entire series pertaining to the June 10th session in Nashville!

Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:35 pm

How about posting some pics of your car ?

Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:11 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:
hilton22000 wrote:Very welcome, always glad to help :P If you have troubles, just send me the e-mail and i'll send you all the pictures i have from Elvis' two week pass to Graceland.

Don't forget to include the entire series pertaining to the June 10th session in Nashville!

:D Of course, i will not forget. But i'm affraid i haven't all the photos from this period, for example, for Nashville session i have only 20 pictures, none original.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:22 am

Here is another.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:32 pm

Guys it's a LONG time since I checked this posting & have just seen the request for a pic of my car so here goes:-

Still hunting for pictures of Elvis with his red 58 Lincoln if you have anymore???
Steve

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:26 pm

My God it's HUGE! That is absolutely stunning. I bet you don't live in England -- it would take you a years wages to fill it with fuel.

I LOVE that car!

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:28 pm

That's one coooooool set of wheels, brother!

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:35 pm

Little Darlin wrote:My God it's HUGE! That is absolutely stunning. I bet you don't live in England -- it would take you a years wages to fill it with fuel.

I LOVE that car!

I'm afraid I do live in England & have a 58 Buick Limited too that is bigger still than the Lincoln so fuel costs are HIGH!!! Glad you like.
Steve

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:35 pm

My God!!! That car is amazing!!!!

JEFF d
EP fan

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:43 pm

mrbthebarber wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:My God it's HUGE! That is absolutely stunning. I bet you don't live in England -- it would take you a years wages to fill it with fuel.

I LOVE that car!

I'm afraid I do live in England & have a 58 Buick Limited too that is bigger still than the Lincoln so fuel costs are HIGH!!! Glad you like.
Steve

My goodness! I'd love to see some more pics if you have them .

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:47 pm

Little Darlin wrote:
mrbthebarber wrote:

I LOVE that car!

Steve

Sure....of? The Lincoln? .....was bit loather too cos this is an Elvis site, but happy too as long as doesn't upset anyone.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:51 pm

mrbthebarber wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:
mrbthebarber wrote:

I LOVE that car!

Steve

Sure....of? The Lincoln? .....was bit loather too cos this is an Elvis site, but happy too as long as doesn't upset anyone.

Please, and more of the Caddy too, if you have them. Off Topic may be a good idea -- then post the link in here -- just in case others may want to see them.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:01 pm

AMAZING !!!!!! What A CAR !!!