Post here your Elvis' pictures

Rare Army candid

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:38 am

Dated as early 60's (Ebay: 260204759516) these were taken backstage while attending
Hollywood On Ice / Frankfurt - likely end of Dec '58.

the first picture can be seen (partly) in Army Days revisited - p.126, the second one is new to my eyes:

Re: Rare Army candid

Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:31 am

Great pictures, E-Cat, thank you very much. I post here more photos from Holiday On Ice visits, 1958-1959 (i think these pictures are from TCB Forum). On Brian's wonderful site we can find some photos from December 26, 1958, Frankfurt, backstage at Holiday On Ice show.
http://www.brian56.dk/600314paper.html
February 07, 1959 - Elvis attended the Holiday on Ice Show in Frankfurt. He had become friendly with a number of the skaters and paid them a visit backstage.
Well, so there's my problems (it seems i ALWAYS have a problem... :lol: ):
1. what is the date for pictures E-Cat put here?
2. between photos i posted, there is some from February 07, 1959? And, if there is no one, somebody had pictures from February 07?
Please excuse my english.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image

I think photo #13 it's not from the same event.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:14 am

hilton22000 wrote:February 07, 1959 - Elvis attended the Holiday on Ice Show in Frankfurt. He had become friendly with a number of the skaters and paid them a visit backstage.
------------------------------------------------------------
2. between photos i posted, there is some from February 07, 1959? And, if there is no one, somebody had pictures from February 07?

1. I think pic nr 1-13+15 are from Dec 27 1958
he is wearing the same clothing / jewelry and you can even spot a Christmas tree in of these pictures (photo 3-5), so are unlikely from Febr' 59.
The pics as you posted and more can be found in "Private Elvis - The Missing years" - however being dated as Dec'26th. Both Ej (Day by Day) and the updated Schroër publication Army Days Revited dates this Holiday On Ice event as Dec 27, so that explains why I used the same 27th Dec date.

2. pict 14 : could be from a different date (by comparing the haircut of the people sitting in front of Elvis) - but is hard to tell really.
I am sure some more pics will surface soon.

btw: your English is fine Hilton !

Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:54 am

From "Elvis UK #39" year 1962
Repost but great.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:57 pm

hilton22000 wrote:Great pictures, E-Cat, thank you very much. I post here more photos from Holiday On Ice visits, 1958-1959 (i think these pictures are from TCB Forum). On Brian's wonderful site we can find some photos from December 26, 1958, Frankfurt, backstage at Holiday On Ice show.
http://www.brian56.dk/600314paper.html
February 07, 1959 - Elvis attended the Holiday on Ice Show in Frankfurt. He had become friendly with a number of the skaters and paid them a visit backstage.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image

I think photo #13 it's not from the same event.

How come this was not mention or photo's shown in biographies before?
Nothing in Elvis The Biography.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:39 pm

those are lovely candids

Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:33 am

E-Cat wrote:
hilton22000 wrote:February 07, 1959 - Elvis attended the Holiday on Ice Show in Frankfurt. He had become friendly with a number of the skaters and paid them a visit backstage.

1. I think pic nr 1-13+15 are from Dec 27 1958
he is wearing the same clothing / jewelry and you can even spot a Christmas tree in of these pictures (photo 3-5), so are unlikely from Febr' 59.
The pics as you posted and more can be found in "Private Elvis - The Missing years" - however being dated as Dec'26th. Both Ej (Day by Day) and the updated Schroër publication Army Days Revited dates this Holiday On Ice event as Dec 27, so that explains why I used the same 27th Dec date.

2. pict 14 : could be from a different date (by comparing the haircut of the people sitting in front of Elvis) - but is hard to tell really.
I am sure some more pics will surface soon.

btw: your English is fine Hilton !

Well it took me a while :oops: , but since I am verifying the dates of the Army years I can tell you that picture nr 14 (see below) is not from Holiday On Ice at all.
It was actually taken at the Lido in Paris (June 17 '59). The picture was in the French Newspaper : France - Soir (18 June 1959)

Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:04 pm

:) I bought few weeks ago Private Presley and Elvis in Paris, really great books. Now i know, too, the picture no. 14 is from Lido, Paris.
I need to buy Army Days Revisited (if i ever found this book) and i will start verifying the dates of the Army years.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:15 pm

Weren't the old biddies, behind Elvis here, in the audience near the end of Loving You ?
Elvis - Audience Shot.jpg

Maybe not..........................
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:58 pm

hilton22000 wrote:I need to buy Army Days Revisited (if i ever found this book) and i will start verifying the dates of the Army years.
It's a great and recommended book for pictures, but not a serious book for date verification because it does not provide many dates and some pictures from '58 are placed in the '60 section (Grafenwhör) and some pictures from the Xmas '59 section were taken in March earlier that yr, etc.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:42 pm

Good to know that, thank you for the info.

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:03 pm

I have the photo where Elvis is signing an autograph on Red West's back and you can't see Red's face. It is from the DPA press archives and has lots of text written on the back. It says that Elvis went to see the Holiday On Ice show on Saturday, January 31, 1959...