Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: More Then & Now Photos

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Vissie wrote:
Tony, the one source I checked this morning (The Ultimate Elvis) states: Ann and Bernie Granadier built the Meditation Gardens at Graceland - mid June, 1963 (page 190). I'm just offering that up ;) Perhaps it took 3 years to complete?

Hmmm.....maybe ol' Marty's memory is failing him....

Either way, even though Elvis never intended to be laid to rest there, I think the Meditation Gardens are absolutely stunning and serve as a perfect tribute and place for Elvis (and his family) to lie at rest.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:58 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
Vissie wrote:
Tony, the one source I checked this morning (The Ultimate Elvis) states: Ann and Bernie Granadier built the Meditation Gardens at Graceland - mid June, 1963 (page 190). I'm just offering that up ;) Perhaps it took 3 years to complete?

Hmmm.....maybe ol' Marty's memory is failing him....

Either way, even though Elvis never intended to be laid to rest there, I think the Meditation Gardens are absolutely stunning and serve as a perfect tribute and place for Elvis (and his family) to lie at rest.

In total agreement Tony. I feel Elvis looked for solace, comfort and peace in the gardens. A Zen feeling, if you will ;)

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:09 pm

Vissie wrote:
In total agreement Tony. I feel Elvis looked for solace, comfort and peace in the gardens. A Zen feeling, if you will ;)

I agree. In fact, when I walked into the Meditation Gardens for the first time ever a few years ago, a feeling of peace came over me...even when you go through the front gates for the first time, it's like you're "cut off" from the rest of the world...at least, that's how I felt when I went through those gates for the first time a few years ago. God, how I would love to go back....but finances and a way to get there are prohibiting that at the moment...

Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:01 am

I want to thank everybody for the nice comments. See also my Audubon Drive and King Creole now & then photos. Peter.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:03 am

More photos from Graceland
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:10 am

More photos from Forrest Hill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:13 am

Forrest Hill

Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:09 am

Graceland Inside

Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:40 am

Peter, many thanks for all your hard work - especially for uploading the BW picture from Forrest Hill Cemetery.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:25 pm

Yes Peter, thank you for all your photos, it's Great to see them.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:28 am

Union Avenue

Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:39 am

Awesome photos, Peter! Keep 'em coming!!

Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:12 am

California

Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:10 am

Elvis In Paris - Then & Now

Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:35 am

Peter, again, it's just fantastic to see these.

I've always been one to think that the walls, well, don't have ears ( :lol: ), but that somewhere or somehow, if we could see what once on in a certain location thoughout history, we'd be blown away.

On a personal level, I've visited many sites with the same "time transport" mental exercise of my memories and of those who came before me...

Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:59 pm

Here is one more Then & Now from Paris

Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:16 pm

Peter, I love your then + now photos ;) Look forward to seeing more!

Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:59 pm

Thank you very much Vissie.
Maby you have a idea of what else i can put together?
Peter

Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:15 am

in the bottom picture of peter1970 graceland pictures isnt that david scott from this is elvis?and not elvis

Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:45 am

Yes you're right Jacob. It is David Scott. I didn't know that when i made that photo.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:06 pm

jacob wrote:in the bottom picture of peter1970 graceland pictures isnt that david scott from this is elvis?and not elvis

Which photo jacob?

Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:39 pm

Vissie wrote:
jacob wrote:in the bottom picture of peter1970 graceland pictures isnt that david scott from this is elvis?and not elvis

Which photo jacob?

page 2 peter1970 graceland pictures . the last one .excellent pictures though.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:47 pm

jacob wrote:
Vissie wrote:

Which photo jacob?

page 2 peter1970 graceland pictures . the last one .excellent pictures though.

Thanks jacob ;)

Backside at Gracekand 1976 & 2007

Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:55 pm

Backside at Gracekand 1976 & 2007

Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:36 pm

Very goog job Peter !!! Others please :smt006 :smt006