Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: More Then & Now Photos

Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:05 am

E-Cat wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:You OK E-Cat?? . FWIW ..I am really glad you are here ... your detective work is spot on :wink:

doing fine sweetheart - as always .where would I be without you ...?
And yes I agree: the hard work of peter deserves a dedicated section - thx Peter !

Stick with me kid :wink:

Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:13 am

This one is AWESOME..thanks Peter

peter.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:34 am

Awesome topic!

Terry, do you have more information about this:
No one has been able to track down a recent Al Strada picture.. nice job.
Is the interview on line somewhere?

Thanks.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:47 am

Robert wrote:Is the interview on line somewhere?

http://www.elviswanted.com/preview2.html

Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:55 am

Give me a break, Elvis is Dead, end of story.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:26 am

paulsweeney wrote:Give me a break, Elvis is Dead, end of story.

Paul, I think Robert is interested in the Strada pic from this interview...and as you rightfully stated....the Man is dead indeed....

Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:24 am

E-Cat wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:Give me a break, Elvis is Dead, end of story.

Paul, I think Robert is interested in the Strada pic from this interview...and as you rightfully stated....the Man is dead indeed....

Correct - it is the Trailer for the "movie" I was referring to, from the link you posted

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:27 am

Peter - great idea!

I often think like that in terms of famous places as well as places in my personal life. Just stand there and remember hard enough and you can almost transport yourself in time...

The finished photo comparison helps drive it home.

By the way, that some difference with that corner shot of Elvis on the motorcycle with the young lady. It's hard to recognize the scene at all!

The history of the automobile in the US often has the affect of destroying a city street (or block) by tending to see trees cut down, old "human scale" buildings destroyed in favor of set-back parking lots and the like.

Anyway, well done and keep 'em coming!

Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:21 pm

S.Parkway & Memphian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:40 pm

Brilliant!

Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:31 pm

Thank you Little Darling.
Do you think Priscilla have faked the white sofa without buttons at Graceland today???
Little Darlin wrote:Brilliant!

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:26 am

Thanx a million for one of the coolest pix in years, who but Elvis can get away with walking around in his stageclothes, and look cool, check out that smile.

Keep em' coming

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:52 am

Peter1970 wrote:Thank you Little Darling.
Do you think Priscilla have faked the white sofa without buttons at Graceland today???
Little Darlin wrote:Brilliant!

Yes Peter I do. The sofa is the wrong shape and size to the original one altogether.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am

Fabulous pics! Kudos + applause! Thanks for sharing them with us :)

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:51 am

Lion & Elvis

Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:52 am

Peter1970 wrote:Lion & Elvis

So the ones on display now are a variation of this one with Elvis ..Yes?

Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:44 am

Peter1970 wrote:Graceland

So when did Elvis put window AC units in the Jungle Room?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:34 am

Meditation Garden

Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:35 am

Meditation Garden

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:53 am

Is it me, or is it strange that there was a piece of lawn there big enough to bury the family? Did Elvis ever have intentions to be buried at Graceland?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:48 pm

JonRomanovich wrote:Is it me, or is it strange that there was a piece of lawn there big enough to bury the family? Did Elvis ever have intentions to be buried at Graceland?

I've never heard or read anything that said he wished to be buried there. It's my understanding the Meditation Garden was built circa June, 1963 and was styled after the garden(s) Elvis enjoyed at the Lake Shrine of the Self-Realization Fellowship in Pacific Palisades.

Mrs. Moore, the former owner of Graceland also had a garden/trellis/pergola in the same area. Had Elvis originally designed it as some sort of homeland cemetery, I believe he would've attempted to inter his Mom there.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:11 pm

JonRomanovich wrote:Is it me, or is it strange that there was a piece of lawn there big enough to bury the family? Did Elvis ever have intentions to be buried at Graceland?

No, Elvis never intended to be laid to rest there.

Vissie wrote:It's my understanding the Meditation Garden was built circa June, 1963 and was styled after the garden(s) Elvis enjoyed at the Lake Shrine of the Self-Realization Fellowship in Pacific Palisades.

Vissie,

The Meditation Garden was built in 1966. Marty Lacker's brother-in-law, Bernie Grenadier, built them and redid Elvis's bedroom upstairs as well during this time.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:30 pm

Tony Trout wrote:

Tony ... wasn't it because Vernon thought it would be the safest place for Elvis after the Body Snatch attempt?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:43 pm

Little Darlin wrote:
Tony ... wasn't it because Vernon thought it would be the safest place for Elvis after the Body Snatch attempt?

LD,

Yes, Ma'am. The way that Elvis was entombed at Graceland, there is no way to retrieve the casket without using very heavy equipment...and the casket can't be opened without destroying it in the process.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:45 pm

Tony Trout wrote:

Vissie wrote:It's my understanding the Meditation Garden was built circa June, 1963 and was styled after the garden(s) Elvis enjoyed at the Lake Shrine of the Self-Realization Fellowship in Pacific Palisades.

Vissie,

The Meditation Garden was built in 1966. Marty Lacker's brother-in-law, Bernie Grenadier, built them and redid Elvis's bedroom upstairs as well during this time.

Tony, the one source I checked this morning (The Ultimate Elvis) states: Ann and Bernie Granadier built the Meditation Gardens at Graceland - mid June, 1963 (page 190). I'm just offering that up ;) Perhaps it took 3 years to complete?

Edited to add:

Just checked "Day by Day" and it says that by October, 1965, construction had already begun on the gardens. It seems it might have been started in 1963 with slow progress(?) It also says that construction was completed at the end of the year, 1965 at a cost of $21,000.00
Last edited by Vissie on Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.