Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:33 pm

Thank you Terry. See also my others now and then photos at:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34471
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34354&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=25

More Then & Now Photos

Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:13 pm

Elvis at Graceland & Elvis Week 2007
Hope you like it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: More Then & Now Photos

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:09 pm

Thanks Peter -- it's great looking back at these again.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:40 am

Awesome pictures! I've enjoyed the thread very much, thanks Peter :)

I have one thing to ask: where is the b/w photo of Sam Elvis and Marion in front of the the Memphis Recording Service Records from? What a great photo, and sharp too! I have never seen it anywhere before... :shock:

Peter1970 wrote:Union Avenue

EDIT: Ok, there seems to be a thread dedicated for this photo.

Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:36 pm

Outside Graceland
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TV Room Then and Now

Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:30 pm

TV Room

Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:33 pm

Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:40 pm

Terry wrote:Image

Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:02 pm

Thank you very much for all the photos.
Any date for the last two, please?

Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:40 pm

1955 or 1956
Last edited by Terry on Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:10 pm

hilton22000 wrote:Thank you very much for all the photos.

Hopefuly someone will know,looks to be same shirt

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:19 pm

OH Cool!

That Diner pic is FAB!

Thank You.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:30 pm

Thanks Elton and Terry for the then and now photos from Johnnie's Drive-Inn in Tupelo.

I'm just not so sure the photo of Elvis is really from that Drive-Inn. The booths seem to be made of an entirely different kind of material in the photo with Elvis.

Elvis wore this shirt during the early summer of 1956 and I don't recall Elvis visiting Tupelo during this time although he COULD have.

Do we have any photos from inside Johnnie's Drive-Inn from 1956 or do we even know that it existed back then??

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:56 pm

bripet56 wrote:Do we have any photos from inside Johnnie's Drive-Inn from 1956 or do we even know that it existed back then??

I don't know whether the pics were taken from Johnnie's or not, but it definitely existed back then.

I found this on a website of reviews of the drive-in:

We were told by one of the waitresses that Elvis' old girlfriend Magdalene Morgan still comes in to eat there. They have a picture of the 2 of them above the booth where Elvis use to sit. Food was really good ! Have a great day....Karin

Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:58 pm

JonRomanovich wrote:Is it me, or is it strange that there was a piece of lawn there big enough to bury the family? Did Elvis ever have intentions to be buried at Graceland?

I know...this posting is from a loooong tim e ago, but I want to respond to it anyway. 8)

Elvis never had any intensions to be buried...period...
He wanted to stay above the ground, that's why he was placed in the mausuleum after he died. Only after some sick people tried to rob the body (or had plans to do so) Vernon asked permission to re-bury Elvis' and Gladys' body at private propriety. One of the conditions was (and still is) that the graves have to be accessible for people to visit for free a few houres a day. Since that's the case with all cemetories. And that is still the case; every morning before the museum opens, people can walk up to the graves for free and pay their respect. Three years ago I was lucky enough to stand at the graves al by myself...for about 15 minutes. No one else was there. I stood there in the pooring rain and it was very windy (Katrina was on her way to New Orleans) . The eternal flame stopped burning...a guy that worked there came over to kindle the eternal flame again and together we ordened the flowers etc. that had fallen due to the rain and wind. That made me feel good...as if I could do something back for Elvis.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:10 pm

This is a wonderful thread.......for some reason I can't quite explain - it brings a tear to my eye......thank you!

Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:27 pm

Elton wrote:
hilton22000 wrote:Thank you very much for all the photos.

Hopefuly someone will know,looks to be same shirt

I found this picture which seems to be the same day on August 6 1956 Lakeland, Florida, the shirt is and the wall behind Elvis is white brick
that you guys think?
Last edited by claude 91 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:08 pm

Thanks Claude, if we compare the one of Elvis drinking a glass of water to the one of him sitting in the diner I'd say they're from the same date.

Same clothes and same hair. What do you guys think??

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:24 pm

I agree for the haircut Brian, but the brick wall seems to be the same

Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:26 pm

Here are more pictures from Johnnies Drive In

Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:28 pm

Johnnies Drive In

Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:31 pm

Johnnies Drive In

Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:34 pm

Johnnies Drive In

Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:38 pm

Tnanks Terry for that idea :-)

Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:43 am