Post here your Elvis' pictures

Screengrabs '50's home movie

Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:40 am

I have the 8mm movie of this candid Elvis footage. I know it's not rare, but the footage that is doing the rounds on DVD and video is a lot less in quality than this 8mm reel. So I made some screengrabs, hope you all like them.

Cheers
Simon

Re: Screengrabs '50's home movie

Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:01 am

All grabs, save the last, look to be circa Feb-Mar '57.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:59 am

September 1956 - after initial appearance on the Ed Sullivan show Elvis went on a short trip to Catalina Island outside Los Angeles in the Pacific Ocean.
Colour footage exists from this date, Brian Petersen said: "while doing research for my book "The Atomic Powered Singer" I came across a notice in Graceland Express referring to this footage saying that after ElvisĀ“ initial appearance on the Ed Sullivan show Elvis went on a short trip to Catalina Island outside Los Angeles in the Pacific Ocean. This would indicate that the footage is from September 1956. I just went through a couple of old old VHS-tapes and on "More Home Movies of Elvis" we are treated to no less than 60 seconds of footage from this day in the sun. Most of the footage is in a very bad quality, but enjoyable."
:)

Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 pm

he looked gorgeous in that footage

Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:14 pm

The parasols seen in the background of that footage are the same style and design as the photo of Elvis and Judy Spreckles sitting on the grass from 56.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:24 pm

I believe Nick Adams was in this footage, though I could be mistaken!

Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:25 pm

Joe Car wrote:I believe Nick Adams was in this footage, though I could be mistaken!

Right at the end you see him jump on his back.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:25 pm

hilton22000 wrote:September 1956 - after initial appearance on the Ed Sullivan show Elvis went on a short trip to Catalina Island outside Los Angeles in the Pacific Ocean.

This must be where that last screen grab is from.