Post here your Elvis' pictures

Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:52 pm

Elvis looking happy and enjoying himself
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Holy ****, a photo taken on another night in August! Thankyou, snmpr7!
It does appear Ginger has taken the liberty of wearing the same attire!
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... r0877.html Quick, Paul :lol:!
Image
Image

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... r0877.html

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:48 pm

Also, note he's smoking a cigar in 77! Where's Scott? :wink:

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:54 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Also, note he's smoking a cigar in 77! Where's Scott? :wink:


No butt about it, Scott :smt033

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:59 pm

I've added it to the link;

Lisa Marie sandwiched in between Elvis & Ginger as they ride around Memphis on a couple of Elvis' three wheel motorcycles at different times on the same day on April 8, 1977 (notice the white seats on one, and black seats on the second one)

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... r0877.html
Last edited by paulsweeney on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:02 pm

paulsweeney wrote:I've added it to the link


That's where it belongs, mate :lol:

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:08 pm

A stunner! It still amazes me that photos like this keeps showing up. And he his, as in the other trike photo with Lisa and ginger, looking rather cool.

E

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:42 pm

Very cool! We certainly don't need to argue over this one (as in the previous thread's April '76 vs. August '77 debate.) Both shots look to be from the same day.

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:53 pm

Looks like Presley is wearing a bathrobe in the second shot!
(I incorrectly spelt 'second')
Last edited by thefunkyangel on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:55 pm

elvisjock wrote:Very cool! We certainly don't need to argue over this one (as in the previous thread's April '76 vs. August '77 debate.) Both shots look to be from the same day.


Yes, I'm pretty sure you are right about that, the sure seem to be from two different times, but on the same day 8)

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:56 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Looks like Presley is wearing a bathrobe in the sceond shot!


Who else could get away with that - certainly not most people 8)

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:59 pm

Maybe Presley simply just changed jackets - perhaps there lies the answer :lol:!

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:26 am

DarrylMac wrote:Also, note he's smoking a cigar in 77! Where's Scott? :wink:


I was just going to say the same thing! :lol:

Anyway, cool picture, thanks! Elvis actually looks pretty good...

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:43 am

8) pics those are.....thanks for sharing :D
Both are wearing more clothe and sunglasses in one pic(maybe evening) and less in the other, maybe it`s morning. The bikes are not the same either...are they?

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:03 am

elvisa wrote:8) pics those are.....thanks for sharing :D
Both are wearing more clothe and sunglasses in one pic(maybe evening) and less in the other, maybe it`s morning. The bikes are not the same either...are they?


Correct, one has a white seat, the other black

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:47 am

paulsweeney wrote:
elvisa wrote:8) pics those are.....thanks for sharing :D
Both are wearing more clothe and sunglasses in one pic(maybe evening) and less in the other, maybe it`s morning. The bikes are not the same either...are they?


Correct, one has a white seat, the other black


:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh the detail! I like it. That one was sprayed gold and the other blue is too obvious :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, I know...anyone can see the obvious, I just think you're just showing off Paul :wink:

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:19 am

Steve_M wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
elvisa wrote:8) pics those are.....thanks for sharing :D
Both are wearing more clothe and sunglasses in one pic(maybe evening) and less in the other, maybe it`s morning. The bikes are not the same either...are they?


Correct, one has a white seat, the other black


:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh the detail! I like it. That one was sprayed gold and the other blue is too obvious :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, I know...anyone can see the obvious, I just think you're just showing off Paul :wink:


Moi, never :wink:

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:45 am

definitely different bikes and clothers for Elvis but who knows if it is the same night. Either way fantastic photo and again an August 77 photo where he looks quite okay and certainly not EIC puffy levels.
And he has a cigar so that can finally end that debate.
Rick

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:18 am

paulsweeney wrote:Lisa Marie sandwiched in between Elvis & Ginger as they ride around Memphis on a couple of Elvis' three wheel motorcycles at different times on the same day in August 1977

It's not from August but from April 8th 1977.
It was also on Ebay a while ago.

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:18 am

E-Cat you may be right wih the date but I suspect both girls on the bike that night would have been cold in short-sleeves even in the Springtime.

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:42 am

Jim Dandy wrote:E-Cat you may be right wih the date but I suspect both girls on the bike that night would have been cold in short-sleeves even in the Springtime.

April '77 was pretty hot - in fact springtime '77 was one the hottest springs ever in Memphis history !
http://www.sercc.com/cgi-bin/sercc/cliMONtavt.pl?tn5954

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:50 am

E-Cat wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:Lisa Marie sandwiched in between Elvis & Ginger as they ride around Memphis on a couple of Elvis' three wheel motorcycles at different times on the same day in August 1977

It's not from August but from April 8th 1977.
It was also on Ebay a while ago.


AHHH, NO... Say it isn't so - I have had the first photo now for 15 years and it's been on Candid Central for 6 or 7 years and only now I am told it is April 8, 1977 and not August 1977 - that sucks :x

E-Cat do you have the eBay listing?

Russ - is this really so????

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:57 am

Interesting to see Presley without the trademark sunglasses 8)!

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:03 am

E-Cat wrote: It's not from August but from April 8th 1977.


Presley checked out of Baptist in the early hours of the 5th (April) and Priscilla and Lisa flew in that evening, so it's possible these were taken around that time! One thing I love about databasing candids is that you just never know if the dates are correct, or not! Who knows, who cares? (I do) :lol:

Re: Ultra rare pic august 1977 Elvis with Lisa and Ginger

Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:47 am

:D Thank's alot for posting these awesome pictures!!!!! Elvis look's as cool as ever, and it's just fantastic to discover new pic's like this!!!!! :D 8) :smt006 :D