Post here your Elvis' pictures

help with 1974 dates please

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:20 pm

hi, does anyone know the correct dates of any of these pictures please??

thank you very much for any help
Ben

Re: help with 1974 dates please

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:38 pm

I think I can help with some of the photos. The second one is from September 1st MS. And I think the tiger jumpsuit pictures are from September 2nd Closing night. On a side note you can get two angles of footage from the Sept1st MS.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:52 pm

-
Last edited by J on Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:59 pm

look at them two, taken the same date, same show, and (IMO) the exact same time :shock:

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:15 pm

omnipresence wrote:I think I can help with some of the photos. The second one is from September 1st MS. And I think the tiger jumpsuit pictures are from September 2nd Closing night. On a side note you can get two angles of footage from the Sept1st MS.

thanks for that, i ave footage of the Opening show from this season but the quality is pretty crap, what is the quality of this show like?? also, what other dates is there footage of from this season that you know of??

J wrote:I think I can give it a shot...

#1; August 29th midnight show
#2; September 1st midnight show
#3; October 5th afternoon show, I believe
#4; Can't see the pic for some reason...
#5; August 29th dinner show
#6; September 2nd closing show... Elvis is holding a guitar he got from Jim Curtin.
#7; From the September/October tour... I'd say 5th afternoon show again...
#8; Don't have a date for this one, but definitely from August.
#9; Another one from September/October tour...

Do correct if you find any mistakes... 8)

thanks for the dates, i cant see number 4 either don't know why, i think number 8 is from 29th August Midnight Show, see above.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:37 pm

I can see photo #4 and it's new to me...thanks ben.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:53 pm

ben wrote:thanks for that, i ave footage of the Opening show from this season but the quality is pretty crap, what is the quality of this show like?? also, what other dates is there footage of from this season that you know of??

Well the first angle from September 1st MS is top notch and the second which is shot from the balcony is enjoyable but I must stress that the copy I have is nothing like as good as the first angle. As for other dates there's quite a lot that I've seen. Here's a complete list
August 19th os - Peacock suit
August 24th ds - Mermaid suit
August 24th ms - Mermaid suit
August 27th ms - Blue Phoenix
August 31st 3am - Wineglass suit
September 1st ds - Dragon suit
September 1st ms - Black Spanish Flower suit
Theres also lots of Karate footage from various shows and footage of Elvis in the American Eagle suit although I'm not sure which date or season it is from.
Last edited by omnipresence on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:09 pm

omnipresence wrote:
ben wrote:thanks for that, i ave footage of the Opening show from this season but the quality is pretty crap, what is the quality of this show like?? also, what other dates is there footage of from this season that you know of??

Well the first angle from September 1st MS is top notch and the second which is shot from the balcony is enjoyable but I must stress that the copy I have is nothing like as good as the first angle. As for other dates there's quite a lot that I've seen. Here's a complete list
August 19th os - Peacock suit
August 24th ds - Mermaid suit
August 24th ms - Mermaid suit
August 27th ms - Blue Phoenix
August 31st 3am - Wineglass suit Elvis didn't perform a show at 3AM he did Dinner Show & Midnight Show
September 1st ds - Dragon suit i thought Elvis wore the Blue Rainbow Suit
September 1st ms - Black Spanish Flower suit
Theres also lots of Karate footage from various shows and footage of Elvis in the American Eagle suit although I'm not sure which date or season it is from.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:27 pm

You're right about the 3am thing Ben. I was looking at another list at the same time and I happened to put the wrong thing in :oops: Its the MS. As far as Sept 1st DS I'm pretty sure he did wear the Dragon suit, everything I've seen has suggested that. By the way you said the quality of the opening show is pretty bad a couple of posts back, I think its pretty good. Could you perhaps post a screen shot so we could compare?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:39 pm

omnipresence wrote:You're right about the 3am thing Ben. I was looking at another list at the same time and I happened to put the wrong thing in :oops: Its the MS. As far as Sept 1st DS I'm pretty sure he did wear the Dragon suit, everything I've seen has suggested that. By the way you said the quality of the opening show is pretty bad a couple of posts back, I think its pretty good. Could you perhaps post a screen shot so we could compare?

the footage i have is on the DVD Time Warp http://elvis-collectors.com/importdvd/dvd_timewarp.jpg and i thought i remembered that the footage is pretty poor and i don't remember that bit in the DVD but it has been about 3 years since i watched it so I'm probably remembering wrongly :oops:

Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:16 pm

Not sure if this will help you Ben,Elvis wore this 2 peice suit on Aug.27,'74 D/S
I was there and at the closing of the show that night I was the last person he touched before leaving the stage.
It was for sure the hightlight of my summer vacation,as i got to shake hands with my hero.

I talked to another fan who attended the M/S who confrims he wore the 2 peice in your first pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:19 pm

Wow lucky you Elton!

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:09 pm

Elton wrote:Not sure if this will help you Ben,Elvis wore this 2 piece suit on Aug.27,'74 D/S
I was there and at the closing of the show that night I was the last person he touched before leaving the stage.
It was for sure the highlight of my summer vacation,as i got to shake hands with my hero.

I talked to another fan who attended the M/S who confirms he wore the 2 piece in your first pic.

27th August 1974 Dinner Show :? :? is that what you meant or was it a typo?? i have this picture as 29th Dinner Show and that he wore the Blue Phoenix Suit. thank you for the picture you were very lucky, I'm jealous :cry:

Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:35 pm

The date I saw him was 27th.d/s and he wore the mermaid suit.
more pics from that date..
Yes lucky in more ways than one L.D as Elvis had a no show the night before
and it was up in the air as to wither or not he would play the 27th.
he go a standing ovation as soon as he walked out, and soon said he was sick with a tempture of 102 but that he knew a lot of people had come a long way just to see him...man he was more that right about that!
btw they had Bill Cosby standing by to preform in case Elvis didn't go on.
photos taken by Sue McCasland.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:57 am

He wore the rinestone two piece leather suit on 8/28/74 Midnight show.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:13 am

I really love the 8-74 shots. He looked really good then.