Post here your Elvis' pictures

picture help

Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:17 pm

Can anyone tell me please why I can,t see most of the pictures in this section?! I read some intersting topics about pics , but when I open the link there is nothing to see except a red (x)! Can you please help me to solve the problem?! :cry:
Last edited by mistymorning on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: picture help

Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:47 pm

mistymorning wrote:Can anyone tell me please why I can,t see most of the pictures in this section?! I read some intersting topics about pics , but when I open the link there is nothing to see except a red cross (+)! Can you please help me to solve the problem?! :cry:

Are you sure it's not a red cross (x)?

Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:55 pm

Spellbinder wrote:
mistymorning wrote:Can anyone tell me please why I can,t see most of the pictures in this section?! I read some intersting topics about pics , but when I open the link there is nothing to see except a red cross (+)! Can you please help me to solve the problem?! :cry:

No, it's a red cross (x)

Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:09 pm

ColinB wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:

No, it's a red cross (x)

Colin

How did you make the red cross red?

Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:20 pm

John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:

No, it's a red cross (x)

Colin

Come come now Spelly. (x)

Look - I know Colin has mastered links but I can't believe he made a red cross red except by coincidence.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:30 pm

John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:

No, it's a red cross (x)

Colin

Look - I know Colin has mastered links but I can't believe he made a red cross red except by coincidence.

Maybe he's not as dumb as he looks!

Of course not. How could anyone be?

Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:32 pm

Make sure you didn't disable pictures in your browser or the Control Panel of the forum.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:11 pm

Spellbinder wrote:
John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:

No, it's a red cross (x)

Colin

Sorry guys, but the red cross was a red cross to begin with.

The question should be: how did Spelly make it b & w ?

Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:12 pm

Narek wrote:Make sure you didn't disable pictures in your browser or the Control Panel of the forum.

i tried to check the circle nex to "no" in "Display images within posts", to see what it was like. if someone have posted a picture by using [img]image%20url[/img], it looks like this
when someone has attached a pic it looks like this
no red crosses. i think there's something else wrong for misty

Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:10 am

ColinB wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:

No, it's a red cross (x)

Colin

I didn't make the cross b & w. I only made it b.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:24 am

Spellbinder wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:

No, it's a red cross (x)

Colin

I didn't make the cross b & w. I only made it b.

Aha ! A Confession at last !

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:09 pm

Misty - are you a registered user, and logged in?

You can now only view pictures embedded in posts when you are logged in - you can't see them as a guest.

Hope that helps?

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:51 pm

Why do some members revel in throwing so many topics off track?

In this example there are 7 off-topic replies until Narek kindly attempts to help.

There is a section for such triviality, and it is called "Chat-Talk" -- check it out, fellas!

Thank you.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:54 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Why do some members revel in throwing so many topics off track?

In this example there are 7 off-topic replies until Narek kindly attempts to help.

There is a section for such triviality, and it is called "Chat-Talk" -- check it out, fellas!

Thank you.

Wrong again.

There are only 6 off-topic replies before Narek steps in. My first reply was a serious question to clarify the original query.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:26 am

Spellbinder wrote:There are only 6 off-topic replies before Narek steps in. My first reply was a serious question to clarify the original query.

It is indisputable that you are both disingenuous and an ass.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:30 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:There are only 6 off-topic replies before Narek steps in. My first reply was a serious question to clarify the original query.

It is indisputable that your statement about me is disputable.

It is also indisputable that, once again, I have pointed out a mistake you have made and, true to form, you have resorted to irrelevant, childish personal attack.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:38 am

John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

It is also indisputable that, once again, I have pointed out a mistake you have made and, true to form, you have resorted to irrelevant, childish personal attack.

Don't take it personally Ray, he can't actually help it.

Reg Perrin's MIL. I had to laugh when I read that.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:42 am

John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Did it work for you?

Indeed it did. Many thanks.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:49 am

John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Did it work for you?

Indeed it did. Many thanks.

That's OK. You're wanted on the All Elvis bit on the Blue River thread to sort out a punctuation question. I'm in Windsor tomorrow afternoon on business, you working there?

Funny you should mention the Blue River thread. Take another look at it in the context of this thread for a glaring example of hypocrisy.

No, I was at OXFAM today. Won't be there again until Friday.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:56 am

Spellbinder wrote:It is indisputable that your statement about me is disputable.

Actually, no. The mountains of evidence on this forum is ample proof, as anyone using the "Search" option will find.

Spellbinder wrote:It is also indisputable that, once again, I have pointed out a mistake you have made ...

Wrong again. No mistake was made and no personal attack issued.

Your first post was disingenuous, as no "clarification" was necessary. You just wanted to throw another topic off track because you're old, alone and bored.

My comments are simply ... the truth.

It's nearly 11 PM where you are -- well past your bedtime. Go, while you can.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:01 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:It is indisputable that your statement about me is disputable.

Actually, no. The mountains of evidence on this forum is ample proof, as anyone using the "Search" option will find.

Spellbinder wrote:It is also indisputable that, once again, I have pointed out a mistake you have made ...

Wrong again. No mistake was made and no personal attack issued.

Your first post was disingenuous, as no "clarification" was necessary. You just wanted to throw another topic off track because you're old, alone and bored.

My comments are simply ... the truth.

It's nearly 11 PM where you are -- well past your bedtime. Go, while you can.

You were wrong -it's as simple at that.

And if anyone has any possible doubt about the way you invariably resort to personal attack when you are shown to be in error, they have only to read your latest post.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:02 am

You are not alone Doc. I find this chit-chat between these 3 really annoying but since I'm not the moderator ...... :roll:

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:04 am

Actually i think it is time for a chill pill and the Doc should do some self-prescribing
rick

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:13 am

Francesc wrote:You are not alone Doc. I find this chit-chat between these 3 really annoying but since I'm not the moderator ...... :roll:

Thanks, Francesc.

And sorry to mistymorning for the shenanigans of these people. You may always PM me if you have a query, and I will be happy to help you out.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:14 am

John from Woodley wrote:
Francesc wrote:You are not alone Doc. I find this chit-chat between these 3 really annoying but since I'm not the moderator ...... :roll:

Hey Francesc, this is way too inconsequential a matter to get annoyed about. Life's too short. There are far more important things to be concerned about.

You know, there are a lot of threads here which hold no interest for me so I might dip in and out, might read some of the comments, might not, but I don't get annoyed. I just move on...much healthier that way. Take it easy.

Yes, Francesc. Take it easy. The object of the game here is not to get annoyed - it's to annoy others.