Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:10 pm

Image

Image

Image

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:06 am

Kewl pics!!

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:24 am

Thanks! Only seen one of those before. Damn nice car too...

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:46 am

I read that he emptied his 38 through the dash of that car as it wouldn't start one day. Afterwards he sold it to a random person for a dollar.
Whether it's true or not I don't know.

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:57 am

FVH wrote:I read that he emptied his 38 through the dash of that car as it wouldn't start one day. Afterwards he sold it to a random person for a dollar.
Whether it's true or not I don't know.


He only shot it once.

http://www.pbase.com/jroy/image/1056182

http://www.pbase.com/jroy/image/1056184

http://www.pbase.com/jroy/image/1056180

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:19 am

Simon1 wrote:Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso
Cool pictures Simon, thx - a while ago I posted the gunholes in his car..
iirc - he even shot the steering wheel ...

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:06 am

Great photos! Thanks for sharing ;) Does anyone have a date for these?

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:37 am

On the back of my photos it says Feb. 1975. I have a set of 8 of these that will be coming out in a book soon.

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:41 pm

Kingcandids wrote:On the back of my photos it says Feb. 1975. I have a set of 8 of these that will be coming out in a book soon.


Wonderful King! Thanks for sharing the date ;) Would love to hear more about your book as well.

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:54 pm

Should be displayed at Graceland imo...

Image

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:06 pm

Robert wrote:Should be displayed at Graceland imo...

Image


Rob, where is it now?

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:45 pm

http://www.panteracars.com/elvis1001.htm:

...the car that wouldn't start..bang !

Image

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:42 pm

E-Cat wrote:http://www.panteracars.com/elvis1001.htm:

...the car that wouldn't start..bang !

Image


Hee hee, great story. I hadn't heard that one before. What a guy. :smt005

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:32 am

KatluvsElvis thats a great Avatar (is that what they're called) never seen it before; like the photos on this thread!

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:53 am

I wanted that car the first time I saw it .. still do.

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:54 am

stupot wrote:KatluvsElvis thats a great Avatar (is that what they're called) never seen it before; like the photos on this thread!


Could it be Elvis' Passport photo?

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:36 pm

Little Darlin wrote:
stupot wrote:KatluvsElvis thats a great Avatar (is that what they're called) never seen it before; like the photos on this thread!


Could it be Elvis' Passport photo?


Maybe it is! I wondered if it could have been from Vegas; they look like heavy drapes behind him.

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:13 pm

Vissie wrote:Rob, where is it now?


Don't know.. I think it's on display at different locations every now and then...

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:32 pm

Little Darlin wrote:I wanted that car the first time I saw it .. still do.

And when you get it LD, drop by and pick me up...

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:35 pm

Robert wrote:
Vissie wrote:Rob, where is it now?


Don't know.. I think it's on display at different locations every now and then...


Thanks Rob ;)

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:30 pm

Elton wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:I wanted that car the first time I saw it .. still do.

And when you get it LD, drop by and pick me up...


Will do Elton 8)

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:43 am

It's in California at the Petersen Auto Museum. http://www.petersen.org
I see the owner Robert Petersen just passed away in 2007. I had donated two photos of Elvis driving the car about 6 years ago. Mr. Petersen could not believe that there were photos of Elvis in the car.

Re: Elvis in his Pantera de Tomaso

Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:36 pm

Kingcandids wrote:It's in California at the Petersen Auto Museum. http://www.petersen.org
I see the owner Robert Petersen just passed away in 2007. I had donated two photos of Elvis driving the car about 6 years ago. Mr. Petersen could not believe that there were photos of Elvis in the car.


King, thanks so much for your reply! Your collection of candids must be fantastic ;)