Post here your Elvis' pictures

Where's this from ....?

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:46 am

and who is the guy...

Re: Where's this from ....?

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:50 am

Las Vegas, August 1973... Elvis with U.K. fans. I believe the guy is Ian Bailye?

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:53 am

Yeah, and isn't it Todd Slaughter cut out of the pic?

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:57 am

Wow...very fast answer - thx !
Since I do not have CIAT: is it in there in better quality

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:04 am

Thanks Rock Legend, I was immediately reminded of a set of pics Ian once graciously sent me, and here is one of them I just scanned, unfortunately Elvis isn't completely in it, but there you go.

Cheers
Simon

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:12 am

E-Cat:

No, that photo is not in the book.

But you can find it in various old issues of Elvis Monthly. They had this tendency of recycling the same photos again & again!

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:32 am

Though it is true that Todd Slaughter and the English fan club also was present at this meet and greet in the beginning of September 1973, the guy in question here is a Swedish journalist called Sted Berglind.

Eivind

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:47 am

Eivind wrote:Though it is true that Todd Slaughter and the English fan club also was present at this meet and greet in the beginning of September 1973, the guy in question here is a Swedish journalist called Sted Berglind.

Eivind
..Great info Eivind..what was the meet & greet all about - are there more pix - and was this part of the "popular demand show" Sept 2 - before Elvis "fired" the Colonel the next day..?

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:52 pm

And here´s a picture from the same season. This time it´s Börge Lundberg, an another reporter from the swedish newspaper "Expressen":

http://www.expressen.se/polopoly_fs/1.8 ... 786819.jpg

According to Börje, Elvis signed a few Sun singles that Börje owned and commented: "You don´t see many of these nowadays".

He also wrote a book about Elvis and his connections to Sweden:

http://www.bokus.com/b/9789189136083.html

Just in Swedish, I´m afraid.

Regards//Björn

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:03 pm

My initial thought when I first saw the pic was that it was Bob Evans, I can see now that it is not.

But it prompts a question, did Elvis ever meet Bob Evans?

Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:58 pm

-
Last edited by J on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm

J wrote:I have this picture dated as being from September 3rd, just before dinner show...
obviously from the same occasion. Just don't ask where I got the date from... :wink:

where did you get the date from??

:P :lol:

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:46 pm

Hope you don't mind a few corrections.

The name of the Swedish journalist was STEN Berglind, not Sted.

The other Swedish journalist was Börje (Boerje) Lundgren, not Lundberg and that meeting took place on August 24 prior to the midnight show.

The September 3 date submitted by J for the first pic is correct and comes from old copies of Elvis Monthly as well as Swedish newspapers.

I believe the award that Todd Slaughter presented to Elvis was from the New Musical Express Magazine but not 100% sure though.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:51 pm

There was an alternate photo from this ocassion on the back of the 1980(?) LP, Inspirations.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:46 pm

I found more details in Elvis Monthly - September / October edition 1973.

Todd Slaughter reported:

It appeared that on Friday (Aug 31) the Colonel had dissappeared to his home in Palm Springs, so the chances of anyone meeting Elvis was reduced.

Tony Prince and Radio Luxembourg programme producer Ken Evans were next to spot the Colonel, and they, too, were invited to interview Elvis for the eight-hour Radio Luxembourg show. I didn't know if we were to see Elvis or not, and, not being the pushing sort, sat back and waited.

"The call came trough that a meeting was on, I grabbed my wife, the NME cup, Ian Bailye ad Sten Berglind of the Swedish Daily Express and off we dashed. The meeting was short, possibly less than a minute, but we got the photographs.

Brian is correct : Elvis was presented with the New Musical Express Award (for his 1973 poll sucess as World's Top Male Singer) - I will post some more pics later

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:28 am

More photos from this day can be found here;

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ept73.html

Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:28 am

and...2 more Paul...

we can see funky Tony (Prince) - holding the mic - and a guy from the Scotish fanclub:

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:33 am

Awesome pics, thanks! Nice to see our guy looking so great, especially sporting a wicked tan!

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:07 am

Thanks for those two cool shots E-Cat 8)

Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:34 pm

-
Last edited by J on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:54 pm

wasn't it the 2nd when he received the chain?? i though he mentioned it on the FTD Closing Night '73

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:20 pm

A few more from around the time.
elvisparker.jpg

elvislaughing.jpg

elvisenlinda1974.jpg

8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:21 pm

And one more.
LasVegas.jpg

8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:59 pm

-
Last edited by J on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:51 pm

J wrote:Great shots, E-Cat... never seen 'em before, but where does the date come from?
As far as I know, Elvis received the big gold chain around his neck on September 1st, correct....?

Picture date is based on Todd's story in Elvis Monthly special Sept / Oct '73.

Not sure when he received the gold chain, however you can see Linda standing next to Elvis in one of these pictures. She was replaced by Sheila end of Aug :

Aug 28 ds: A fan yelled "where is Linda?" - to wich Elvis responded "She's not here".
Aug 30: Elvis introduced Sheila Ryan