Post here your Elvis' pictures

2 From Bob

Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:22 am

Here are 2 killers from the Great Bob Heis.....Buy his photo's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mikem on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 2 From Bob

Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:36 am

One more---------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:52 am

Mike are all three from June 26?

Also, the third one can't be Bob Heis, if it is the same moment as #1, yes?

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:23 am

Doc---Good Question.
I am pretty sure that #3 is from a different
concert- I will go back and look over my photo's for a correct date. Someday i will have to post the story of meeting Bob Heis at an Elvis convention in the early '80's.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:37 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Mike are all three from June 26? Also, the third one can't be Bob Heis, if it is the same moment as #1, yes?

If you compare picture 1 and 3 you would expect a very fast shutterspeed (both taken within a sec) - but the picture itself suggest the shutterspeed was not that fast . However...even taken with fast shutter, it would be hard those days (even today) to take a pic with 2 different manual zoom ratios within a second ....let alone if such fast zoom camera existed those days. Unlikely from the same spot or event either- or did Bob work with an assistent ?

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:30 am

that's not the proper way to play a guitar

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:10 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Mike are all three from June 26?

Also, the third one can't be Bob Heis, if it is the same moment as #1, yes?

it could be Flash....was he an Elvis fan too?

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:01 pm

On picture two you can see clearly that this isn´t Ron Tutt´s drumkit, but on the third, it looks like it is Ron´s drums. But iy´s a bit hard to see, but hte third picture should be earlier that tour.

//Björn

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:11 pm

The last picture is from May 29,1977 in Philadelphia: 4th picture in the first row

Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:33 pm

May 29th was Baltimore, not Philly.

Philadelphia was May 28th.

I wonder which he has correct--the date or the city?

T

Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Guitar on the air :lol:
Amazing shot, thank you for the picture!
sincerely
Lior

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:43 pm

terbon4 wrote:May 29th was Baltimore, not Philly.

Philadelphia was May 28th.

I wonder which he has correct--the date or the city?

T

Thanks for the correction. I guess Philly is correct and May 28th should be the date.
After comparing the shot with Keith Alverson's it must be Philadephia because there was no seating behind the stage in Baltimore.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:44 pm

I've seen these photos before .. the rainbow effect..was it intentional or a trick of the lights..anyone?