Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Cool 70's Candids!

Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:35 pm

My pleasure, man! Interesting to know a possible date ie.. four weeks before the '71 Summer Festival! Cheers :lol:!

Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:07 am

DarrylMac wrote:I would definitely put these around the Nov / Dec 70 time frame. Firstly, the length of his hair is definitely as he was wearing it at the time - i don't think it was ever longer than it was on that November tour. Secondly, you can see the necklace he's wearing was one he was wearing a lot around that time.

Yes, that time frame seems correct. The overcast weather is about right for Beverly Hills in late fall, too.

As for the necklace, Elvis started wearing it in January 1965. It's one of his most treasured items, the "Tree of Life" medallion, a 30th birthday present from the guys in the "Memphis Mafia."

Designed by Marty Lacker, it had each of the current "Memphis Mafia" crew engraved on it, with Elvis's name in the center. There was one snag -- when Elvis noticed that Larry Geller had been omitted, he refused to wear it until the oversight was rectified. It was, and he did. If you look at photos between 1965 and 1970, you'll see it quite a bit. After that, who knows what happened?

Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:56 am

HereĀ“s the first one Funky posted, without the watermarks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:40 am

Thank you for uploading this candid :lol:

Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:35 pm

what a beautiful candid, thanks a zillion times

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:00 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
DarrylMac wrote:I would definitely put these around the Nov / Dec 70 time frame. Firstly, the length of his hair is definitely as he was wearing it at the time - i don't think it was ever longer than it was on that November tour. Secondly, you can see the necklace he's wearing was one he was wearing a lot around that time.

Yes, that time frame seems correct. The overcast weather is about right for Beverly Hills in late fall, too.

As for the necklace, Elvis started wearing it in January 1965. It's one of his most treasured items, the "Tree of Life" medallion, a 30th birthday present from the guys in the "Memphis Mafia."

Designed by Marty Lacker, it had each of the current "Memphis Mafia" crew engraved on it, with Elvis's name in the center. There was one snag -- when Elvis noticed that Larry Geller had been omitted, he refused to wear it until the oversight was rectified. It was, and he did. If you look at photos between 1965 and 1970, you'll see it quite a bit. After that, who knows what happened?

Excuse me now while I just go to sleep ...