Post here your Elvis' pictures

4/23/73

Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:12 pm

A couple from Anaheim.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 4/23/73

Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:24 pm

The first is definitley from Anaheim, CA ~ April 23rd, 1973.

The second is from the 24th of April!

Last edited by Brad M on Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:28 pm

Brad M wrote:The first is definitely from Anaheim, CA ~ April 23rd, 1973.

i have both of these from 24th April 1973 in the same venue

Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:29 pm

i also have it that Elvis wore the Sunlight Suit on 23rd April 1973

Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:57 am

ben wrote:i also have it that Elvis wore the Sunlight Suit on 23rd April 1973

I can assure you Elvis wore the Orange Sunburst suite on April 23rd 1973.

Look at Ciscoking's concert database all of the suites etc are listed beside all concerts, and its safe to say their info is correct.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:25 am

Ok im confused here, isn't Elvis wearing the Aloha suit on the first photo?

Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:28 am

Francesc wrote:Ok im confused here, isn't Elvis wearing the Aloha suit on the first photo?

No, that is the Thunderbird suit....

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:53 am

both of those photo's are definitely from the same venue, and are the same suit ie The Thunderbird suit. You can see the same balcony running across behind him.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:31 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
Francesc wrote:Ok im confused here, isn't Elvis wearing the Aloha suit on the first photo?

Thanks Tony. But the 2nd one then its the Thunderbird right? What I meant is that Brad says that Elvis wore the Sunlight suit the prev day ... but both are the same suit ...so they are from the 24th.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:14 am

Francesc wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:

Thanks Tony. But the 2nd one then its the Thunderbird right? What I meant is that Brad says that Elvis wore the Sunlight suit the prev day ... but both are the same suit ...so they are from the 24th.

So the Thunderbird Suite is also named the "Phoenix Suite" then correct? :? That would make sense so they are from the 24th of April then. Sorry for the mistake! :oops:
For some reason I kept thinking that first photo was the orange sunburst suite. I was right he wore the orange sunburst on the 23rd but these are from the 24th photos.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:28 am

So the Thunderbird Suite is also named the "Phoenix Suite"

Just who and where are these places called the Thunderbird and Phoenix Suite/s ???

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi guys, i've been doing alot of research regarding these dates and what suit Elvis was wearing.Len/Rosemarie leech were at the concert dated 23rd April 1973 and they have pictures of Elvis wearing the Thunderbird suit.It's also listed on other sites that Len/Rosemarie Leech took pictures of this show.Therefore on the 24th April Elvis was wearing the Orange Sunburst suit.The picture Brad m showing above is from 23rd April and is a picture taken by Len/Rosemarie Leech.This picture appears on their website which is dated.
Hope this helps.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:23 pm

minkahed wrote:
So the Thunderbird Suite is also named the "Phoenix Suite"

Just who and where are these places called the Thunderbird and Phoenix Suite/s ???

Oh, they were very exclusive & expensive suites on the top floor of the old International/Hilton Hotel..................

Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:07 am

Elvis On April 24th At Anaheim wearing Thunderbird Suit -
Enjoy
::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Thanks for the response Karlos.The April tour was not very well documented unfortunatley.If you google Lake Tahoe73 G mcDonnell which is Elvis collectors.com there is a copyrighted photo of Elvis in the Thunderbird Suit taken by Len/Rosemarie Leech dated April 23rd,this photo is listed in the specials set of elvisphotosbyleech.com.Further down the page there is a copyrighted photo of Elvis taken by the i'm leaving it up to you fan club of Elvis wearing the Sunburst suit dated April 24th.I hold my hands up if i'm wrong but pictures i've seen which shows Elvis wearing the Thunderbird suit on the 24th are not copyrighted,the only ones that are are from the 23rd this is why i've been doing some research on these dates, its all abit confusing.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:17 pm

moodyred wrote:Thanks for the response Karlos.The April tour was not very well documented unfortunatley.If you google Lake Tahoe73 G mcDonnell which is Elvis collectors.com there is a copyrighted photo of Elvis in the Thunderbird Suit taken by Len/Rosemarie Leech dated April 23rd,this photo is listed in the specials set of elvisphotosbyleech.com.Further down the page there is a copyrighted photo of Elvis taken by the i'm leaving it up to you fan club of Elvis wearing the Sunburst suit dated April 24th.I hold my hands up if i'm wrong but pictures i've seen which shows Elvis wearing the Thunderbird suit on the 24th are not copyrighted,the only ones that are are from the 23rd this is why i've been doing some research on these dates, its all abit confusing.

Thank you for the information, I think you are right moodyred.
The books: The Concert years by Stein Erik Skar and E. P in concert by Paul Lichter has the Thunderbird Suit on the 23rd and the Sunlight on the 24th. Why most of the internet pages has it the other wy around I don`t know maybe only typing error that was copied from page to page??. I see if I can find some newspaper or fan rewieves of the shows... ::rocks

Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:09 am

moodyred wrote:Thanks for the response Karlos.The April tour was not very well documented unfortunatley.If you google Lake Tahoe73 G mcDonnell which is Elvis collectors.com there is a copyrighted photo of Elvis in the Thunderbird Suit taken by Len/Rosemarie Leech dated April 23rd,this photo is listed in the specials set of elvisphotosbyleech.com.Further down the page there is a copyrighted photo of Elvis taken by the i'm leaving it up to you fan club of Elvis wearing the Sunburst suit dated April 24th.I hold my hands up if i'm wrong but pictures i've seen which shows Elvis wearing the Thunderbird suit on the 24th are not copyrighted,the only ones that are are from the 23rd this is why i've been doing some research on these dates, its all abit confusing.

.........................................................................................................................................

Yvw moodyred - Good Luc on ya research buddy - happy hols and a very merry Xmas to you and a prosperous::rocks
I will look into Geoff Mc Donnells article soon buddy as well as others latr . ty buddy for ya info .
::rocks

............................................................................................................................................

Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi Karlos,i've tried emailing R Leech just to get 100 % clarification but my emails keep comimg back(no pun intended).Good luck with your search too and happy christmas.
I'm new to this site and as the smilie says FECC ROCKS.