Post here your Elvis' pictures

who's mic is it?

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:15 am

Again, another pic from TCB World. My question in this case is who's mic is it, and what's it recording?

It's not the Hawaii press conference, as he wore a white shirt for that one. He looks in good shape / spirits, and it looks like 72, but not sure about the mic. An interview of some sort? If so, what's the interview and where is it now?
mic shot.jpg

My initial thoughts, by the length of his hair and attire, are that it could well be the same event as this, which also caused some dispute recently about it's date.In fact, looking at his hair on the first photo, and the second, I'm almost certain it's a colour pic from the same event. As he was attending a gospel event, did he sing, or at least say a few words?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: who's mic is it?

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:38 am

I would say you are bang on, it's from the same event as the two black and white photos.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... pel72.html

Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:33 am

Beauty photo's. Thanks!

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:42 am

DarrylMac, you son of a gun, I think you found us an alternate, albeit in colour! Well done, son :lol:! The only thing better then a new unseen candid, is an alternate!

Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:07 am

I doubt he sang, but for him to have accepted an invitation onto the stage I'm sure he would have said a few words once there hence the mic.

Indeed, was this event recorded or not ?

What was the Gospel event?

Are there any other acts / artists who have websites with their pics on from the event and if so is Elvis in any of them or is there a link or mention of a recording of the show / event ?

Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:21 am

theres something odd about the picture regarding elvis head and the microphones size, placement or angle. like its not directly in front of elvis head and elvis is not talking into it at the moment the picture is taken

Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:43 pm

voldto wrote:theres something odd about the picture regarding Elvis head and the microphones size, placement or angle. like its not directly in front of Elvis head and Elvis is not talking into it at the moment the picture is taken

yes, Elvis' head looks like its not in line with the mic, the mic looks closer to the camera than Elvis is

Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:16 pm

Yes, it looks like the mic could be on a stand and Elvis has turned away from it and is talking across or acknowledging across the stage to someone else.