Post here your Elvis' pictures

1977 pics wanted for these shows

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:06 am

hi, does anyone have pictures from any of these '77 shows??

February 13th, 1977. (8:30pm) West Palm Beach, FL. Auditorium (theres a picture from before/after the show where Elvis has a hat on with Joe Espisito)
March 23rd, 1977. (8:30pm) Tempe AZ. Arizona State University
March 24th, 1977. (8:30pm) Amarillo, TX. Civic Center
March 25th, 1977 (8:30pm) Norman, OK University Of Oklahoma
April 25th, 1977. (8:30pm) Saginaw, MI. Saginaw Center
April 29th, 1977. (8:30pm) Duluth, MN. Duluth Arena
April 30th, 1977. (8:30pm) St. Paul, MN. Civic Center
May 3rd, 1977. (8:30pm) Saginaw, MI Saginaw Center
May 26th, 1977. (8:30pm) Binghamton, NY. Broome County V. Memorial Arena (theres a picture from before/after the show with Joe Espisite)
May 31st, 1977 (8:30pm) Baton Rouge, LA. Louisiana St University
June 22nd, 1977 (8:30pm) Sioux Falls, SD. Sioux Falls Arena

if you have any pictures from any of these shows could you upload them please??
thank you very much
Last edited by Ben on Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: 1977 pics wanted for these shows

Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:26 pm

Ben, what's with all the gimme gimme gimme i want i want i want posts ?

albeit your requests are said with politeness, but most fans have given a lot to other fans before asking for the favour to be returned.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:39 pm

Steve_M wrote:Ben, what's with all the gimme gimme gimme i want i want i want posts ?

albeit your requests are said with politeness, but most fans have given a lot to other fans before asking for the favor to be returned.

hi Steve, the reason i don't give anything is for the simple reason...i haven't got anything that you haven't already seen :( if i had anything that i thought anyone hadn't seen i would post it straight away, on the Early Morning Rain thread in the All Elvis section the DOC was talking about not hearing the version of the song from the 27th December but it wouldn't upload for me after i tried a few times. i would share anything i had if i had something rare or not seen by many but what i have is common pictures/music. sorry.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:07 pm

Steve_M wrote:Ben, what's with all the gimme gimme gimme i want i want i want posts ?
albeit your requests are said with politeness, but most fans have given a lot to other fans before asking for the favour to be returned.

I'm not sure I understand why this would bother anyone. This is only a message board, a place for the free exchange of ideas, thoughts, pictures, and whatever else. Your post implies that there is a "dues-paying" period before someone can ask for something. How much is one required to give before it's acceptable to ask for something in return?

I don't think it's inappropriate for anyone to ask for anything at any time. And, if someone does so in a polite manner, as you suggested has been the case, what's the harm? :D

Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:37 pm

ben wrote:hi, does anyone have pictures from any of these '77 shows??

February 13th, 1977. (8:30pm) West Palm Beach, FL. Auditorium (theres a picture from before/after the show where Elvis has a hat on with Joe Espisito)
March 23rd, 1977. (8:30pm) Tempe AZ. Arizona State University
March 24th, 1977. (8:30pm) Amarillo, TX. Civic Center
March 25th, 1977 (8:30pm) Norman, OK University Of Oklahoma

March 26th, 1977 (8:30pm) Norman, OK University Of Oklahoma

April 25th, 1977. (8:30pm) Saginaw, MI. Saginaw Center
April 29th, 1977. (8:30pm) Duluth, MN. Duluth Arena
April 30th, 1977. (8:30pm) St. Paul, MN. Civic Center
May 3rd, 1977. (8:30pm) Saginaw, MI Saginaw Center

May 26th, 1977. (8:30pm) Binghamton, NY. Broome County V. Memorial Arena (theres a picture from before/after the show where Elvis has a hat on with Joe Espisite)
I think you're talking about this one.

May 31st, 1977 (8:30pm) Baton Rouge, LA. Louisiana St University
Norman,OK. March 26th, 1977. Elvis started his second tour of 1977 in Tempe,AZ on the 23rd and ended in Alexandria,LA on the 30th. The rest of the tour was cancelled : Baton Rouge,LA (31st), Mobile,AL (April 1st), Macon,GA (April 2nd) and Jacksonville,FL (April 3rd). These four shows were rescheduled to the end of the May 1977 tour.

source: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/cc1977-10.html :wink:

If you'll find pictures in the future - please let me know. I've not seen any pic of that show, which is a little mystery as there's also no audience recording known.

if you have any pictures from any of these shows could you upload them please??
thank you very much

A very good source for 'concerts in pictures' is http://www.elvisconcerts.com.

Joern
Last edited by Joern on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:49 pm

KHoots wrote:

I'm not sure I understand why this would bother anyone. This is only a message board, a place for the free exchange of ideas, thoughts, pictures, and whatever else. Your post implies that there is a "dues-paying" period before someone can ask for something. How much is one required to give before it's acceptable to ask for something in return?

I don't think it's inappropriate for anyone to ask for anything at any time. And, if someone does so in a polite manner, as you suggested has been the case, what's the harm? :D

Khoots, as you know, I never suggested there was any harm being done and i also know that you didn't suggest I had, but given that you've asked the question I'm unsure as to why you asked it. Or, I give in, what is the harm?

Ben, I know you haven't got much to give and many many fans, if not all, were in the same position at one point.
You don't have to give to recieve, I'm not saying you do. But it could help and also maybe be a little less frequent so that it doesn't bug people, after all its those same people who you're asking.

My post was one of curiosity. You asked for something, then you asked again, then again then again.
I was thinking it was a bit much all in one go. Like Khoots said there's no harm in asking, but he didn't say anything about then asking again and again and again.

Please dont upload audio tracks to this site. It would or could get it closed and there's many on here that might be a little upset about that although maybe Khoots might not see any harm in that either.
If you need to upload an audio track, put it with a photo on your Windows Movie Maker and upload it to YouTube as a movie (.wmv) file and then link to that in here.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:50 pm

That King of Spades photo with a guitar is from Austin, March 28.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:58 pm

Steve_M wrote:Please dont upload audio tracks to this site. It would or could get it closed and there's many on here that might be a little upset about that although maybe Khoots might not see any harm in that either.

Now, THAT would piss me off. :D

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:34 pm

The fool wrote:That King of Spades photo with a guitar is from Austin, March 28.

yes, i was going to say that too.
thank you Joern and everyone else i really appreciate all the info you have given me
and sorry Steve :)

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:43 pm

Joern wrote:
ben wrote:hi, does anyone have pictures from any of these '77 shows?? May 26th, 1977. (8:30pm) Binghamton NY. Broome County V. Memorial Arena (theres a picture from before/after the show where Elvis has a hat on with Joe Espisite)

See below the picture Funky posted recently (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20760 ). Note that Joe is wearing different clothes. If, they are from the same day, I assume that the picture with the "hat" was taken after landing at Binghamton Airp on his way to the hotel.

thefunkyangel wrote:It is the first time I have seen another 'alternate' candid from Binghamton, New York, in a very long time! Yes, I knew straight away it was from 26th May!

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:46 pm

Joern wrote:
ben wrote:May 26th, 1977. (8:30pm) Binghamton, NY. Broome County V. Memorial Arena (theres a picture from before/after the show with Joe Espisite)

Joern, I'm sorry for the wrong information, i wrote he had a hat on with Joe twice, i have tis picture dated from February 13th(West Palm Beach).
the picture i mean Image
has Elvis and Joe walking out of a door.
thanks for the pictures

Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:01 pm

ben wrote:Joern, I'm sorry for the wrong information, i wrote he had a hat on with Joe twice, i have tis picture dated from February 13th(West Palm Beach)

..and in line with Candid Central: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 21377.html

Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:04 pm

Joern wrote:June 22nd, 1977 (8:30pm) Sioux Falls, SD. Sioux Falls Arena
If you'll find pictures in the future - please let me know. I've not seen any pic of that show, which is a little mystery as there's also no audience recording known.
Joern

this is the only info i have of this show, ans i don't know why there has been no audio/video/pictures from this show, if I'm correct this is the only show from '77 that doesn't have any of them 3 from the show??
ATTENDANCE: 7,911
Suit Worn at This Show: Mexican Sundial suit with two buttons on sleeves / Original belt

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:21 pm

It is possible there is video of this day of the outside of the arena only.

Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:00 am

E-Cat wrote:
ben wrote:Joern, I'm sorry for the wrong information, i wrote he had a hat on with Joe twice, i have tis picture dated from February 13th(West Palm Beach)

..and in line with Candid Central: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 21377.html

Ah sh*t - should have watched at Paul's site, but Ben was talking about a picture with Elvis wearing a hat, so I thought more about the picture and less about the date. Greenhore mistake - shame on me. :oops:

Anyhow, thanks for pointing that out.

Joern

Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:41 am

This is from Tunzi´s book Elvis Sessions III.

St. Paul, April 30

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:12 am

The fool wrote:This is from Tunzi´s book Elvis Sessions III.

St. Paul, April 30

Some photos from 1977 are really incredible. His looks could change from worst to pretty good within a short time. On this one he really looks good - like he did more or less on the whole April tour imo - much, much better than a month later.

Detroit April22nd, 1977

St. Paul April 30th, 1977

Joern

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:40 am

Joern wrote:Some photos from 1977 are really incredible.

Joern - many thx for uploading - great photo indeed !

Image [/quote]