Post here your Elvis' pictures

Teddy Bear

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:34 pm

Got this pic from Red Robinson recently when I was doing the page on Empire Stadium. They brought out the bear during their Elvis celebration in Vancouver last August. Not sure of the story on it, whether Elvis gave it to Red or if Red had it there for Elvis and he forgot it. Anyway, nice to see it survived over the years. Looks a lot better after 50 years than I do.

Re: Teddy Bear

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:48 pm

Red Robinson has not aged a day !!! :shock:

Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:12 pm

OOPs! That's Gary Olsen (not the actor)

Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:30 pm

James, I know we usually do this over Elvis pictures but are you sure its the same bear in the two pictures? The one 50 years later has rounder eyes and flat paws whereas the one in the black and white pic has straighter eyes and "tapered" paws and the colour one looks a good deal bigger?
I don't know if anyone is actually claiming they are the same bear but they look distinctly different to me.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:39 pm

Elvis_Priestly wrote:James, I know we usually do this over Elvis pictures but are you sure its the same bear in the two pictures? The one 50 years later has rounder eyes and flat paws whereas the one in the black and white pic has straighter eyes and "tapered" paws and the colour one looks a good deal bigger?
I don't know if anyone is actually claiming they are the same bear but they look distinctly different to me.

I have to assume it is. I don't know why Red would send it to me if it wasn't but I have no way of knowing for certain. I didn't ask but can probably get the story from him. I was more concerned about the incidents at the performances.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:25 pm

Elvis_Priestly wrote:James, I know we usually do this over Elvis pictures but are you sure its the same bear in the two pictures? The one 50 years later has rounder eyes and flat paws whereas the one in the black and white pic has straighter eyes and "tapered" paws and the colour one looks a good deal bigger?

...also different chest colors ...perhaps re-stuffed..

Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:02 pm

You know, I think you're right. I've got another picture of them with it from 57 and the bear doesn't really match

Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:18 pm

Maybe it`s an impersonator bear ( Sorry i mean tribute artist bear :roll: ) it certainly doesnt look like the one in the original photo, But even if it is a different bear your site is still great :smt001 .

Alan

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:16 am

E-Cat wrote:

...also different chest colors ...perhaps re-stuffed..

I was thinking re-stuffed as well.